Play by play...JUST ARRIVED

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Play by play...JUST ARRIVED

Postby miranda2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Gemini Rose wrote:
Gktpacpl wrote:I guess some people just need to bitch about something. We have never once had bad service at any meal and we have been a dozen times to Pearl. I am sure others are thinking it, so I am going to say it. I sure hope the next time we are at the Pearl......you aren't. Between the language and the bitching, you just don't sound like lots of fun.

:L :L you said exactly what I was thinking!

:L :L

Us too! We spent 8 nights there recently and didn't want to leave!
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby ufluvit » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:23 pm

I thought the days where it rained were even more fun. Everyone had all this pent-up energy, the nights were fun as all get out. I would say the night of the foam party was quieter than any other day. (The foam party was fun as hell Monday).
ufluvit
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Jun 2017

Postby feverpair2015 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm

We were there 13 nights and loved all of it. Never had a day we looked back on where we thought it could be better. It's being with my wife that makes this place special and since we returned we feel even closer. Wonderful place when your with a wonderful person.

:UK
Desire Pearl 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Desire RM 2017

SDC : feverpair
KIK : feverpair
MeWe : fever pair
feverpair2015
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Travelcouple89 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Gemini Rose wrote:
Gktpacpl wrote:I guess some people just need to bitch about something. We have never once had bad service at any meal and we have been a dozen times to Pearl. I am sure others are thinking it, so I am going to say it. I sure hope the next time we are at the Pearl......you aren't. Between the language and the bitching, you just don't sound like lots of fun.

:L :L you said exactly what I was thinking!

:L Us, too. Too bad for them. We think for life and love...... You get out of it what you put into it.......sounds like they were a little lazy and just sitting back expecting things to come to them instead of putting themselves out there and reaching for new experiences with your partner. Sounds like Desire is just not the place for Princessambergirl.......and that's probably a good thing for the rest of us.
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby Flatlanders » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Wow. Kinda harsh. Apparently open environment as long as you agree and enjoy
Flatlanders

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Passions

Postby Jude1000 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:33 pm

We're back to Pearl this year for our fourth two-week stay. I can honestly say we've never been bored and we never wanted to leave - even after 14 nights. And we have never, ever had a bad word to say about the service anywhere.

But obviously the wonderful, sexy vibe doesn't appeal to everyone: it's the quality of the relationship between you and your partner that drives a Desire vacation and makes it so fantastic.

Enough said I think.

Jude :UK
Jude1000
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm

There for 8 last October...greatest vacation ever. We'll be back again for 8 more this October. Maybe we'll see you there again this year Jude! :wink:

No bad words to say about the Pearl. The only bad words at Pearl are "hope you enjoyed your stay...." on the way out the front.
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby T&CinTN » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Couldn't agree more with the two previous posts. We are anxiously counting down the days till when we arrive. We are celebrating our 15th anniversary in style this year. This will be a first for us!!! Can't wait. I'll try and send daily trip reports to balance this one.

Cheers!
T&CinTN

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2015

Postby here2benaughty » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:04 pm

K&S4Fun&Sun wrote:There for 8 last October...greatest vacation ever. We'll be back again for 8 more this October. Maybe we'll see you there again this year Jude! :wink:

No bad words to say about the Pearl. The only bad words at Pearl are "hope you enjoyed your stay...." on the way out the front.

Jealous! Have a great trip you guys!
Desire Pearl - January 2016 - Dates TBD
Desire Pearl - October 5-13, 2014

SLS: azcpl4play - SDC & APG: here2benaughty
here2benaughty
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS APG

Postby Princessambergirl » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Night 5:
Yesterday sucked...honestly I am not sure what the deal was, but honestly, I just think we needed something more stimulating than drinking and sex. Today a completely different story. First of all, let me address the "bitching" situation. I paid several thousand dollars to be here. So, when your roof has been leaking for 2 days, you can't use your bathroom light, with mold now growing on your ceiling, you tend to have not the best attitude.. Topped off by a horrible dining experience, and I mean horrible ( server took order, collected menus only to return 45mins later, trying to place menus on our lap for dinner then argue that he absolutely has not already taken your order) things tend to go down hill... So for those that don't get it, u must be confused or used to less than quality things...

Now...the rest of the day. Same ol, accept the dive shop now comes into play.. Wow these dudes are good. So nice and helpful. We did decide that I could not grasp diving. The breath through the mouth thing....not happening. Hubby on the other hand, loves diving and will dive twice tomorrow, to complete his padi cert. Today was a super slow day, must be a transition day. We had lunch and dinner at the grill...we spent all day in the pool so by the time we were ready to get out we were starving and didn't want to get all dressed up. Anyway, Mexican night tonight and it was good. Pool is slightly cloudy, may be because of sunscreen... No issues there temp was perfect. I think today was better because our time was occupied, with scuba and massages and pool basketball. Anyway, in bed again early morning tomorrow. Good night folks...xoxo
Princessambergirl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2015

Postby Spirit26 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:58 am

Wow, rough crowd.
Spirit26
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Jul 2015

Postby Racermx446 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 am

We spent 5 nights at pearl the beginning of may not once did we have a bad meal and the service was spectacular :L
Racermx446

We arrive on: 03 May 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swinglifestyle

Postby bobsharon79 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:00 pm

It just supports the theory that some people refuse to be happy, regardless of the environment!!!!!
bobsharon79
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby TandD » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:39 pm

bobsharon79 wrote:It just supports the theory that some people refuse to be happy, regardless of the environment!!!!!

Jesus Christ people - lighten up! The OP pointed out things she liked and things she didn't. Just because she didn't like your favorite resort doesn't mean she refuses to be happy regardless of her environment. How in the hell can you jump to that conclusion!

This whole "I had a great time and therefore if you didn't, there must be something wrong with you" is crazy. Yes, most people who post here rave about the place but it's a self-selecting group and that skews the results. The ones who didn't have a good time, probably don't plan on going back and therefore tend to not come back to the forum to post about it. It's a little like the people who say "We never wore seatbelts as kids and we turned out just fine." Well, yeah but you don't get to hear from the ones who weren't so lucky.

The OP wasn't sure if she would like the place, tried it, and it sounds like she found out she didn't. She did what we *all* tell people to do - try it. You'll never know if you don't try it. Well she did, didn't like it, and is now getting flamed for doing what we told her to do.

I would hope people would be a bit more considerate when people take the time to review their experiences.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby 2McD » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Well said TandD
Cheers,
T & S
kik - 2McDs
2McD