Newbies June 12-16, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbies June 12-16, 2015

Postby ufluvit » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:46 am

What a fantastic time! Rained most of the time, but the resort kept kicking like it was no big deal. Will expand on trip later, but just a bunch of fun people and a great time!
ufluvit
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Jun 2017

Re: Newbies June 12-16, 2015

Postby Travelcouple89 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:56 am

Glad to hear you had a great trip.
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby ufluvit » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Ok, sorry for delay. Takes forever to post report on iPad vs computer.

Seems to be the best breakdown I have seen from others, so I will use this format:

Food: It was really good! We ate at the Pearl Restaurant next to the lobby every night but one. The one we didn't, we ate sushi in the meeting room due to all the rain. We'd like to chalk it up to the rain and the moving of the cooking stations as the reason for the sushi being so-so. Other than that, we usually had lunch at the taco or burrito station (never making it to breakfast except for last day). The drinks were also very good. Heavy pours and really strong martinis. Thank you to the veteran S, who clued us in on the hidden Grey Goose!

Pool: We only got to use it on the last day, which was monday. They moved the foam party to Monday, so it was fun as hell. Lots of craziness going on. Highly recommend the foam party.

Night Club: The first night was a very cheesy show, 70s theme. Still after it was done, they played great music. I (husband) like to dance like a fool, so plenty of songs to get your rump shaking. The shows on the other nights were good. After the 70s theme, was expecting cruise ship shows, but we were surprised.

Room: We got upgraded to a Master Suite with a plunge pool right outside the pool and jacuzzi. Could not have asked for a better location or room. It did get flooded during the tropical storm, but nothing that we couldn't overcome. Think we went through 80 towels blocking the waters! Gerry the butler was spot on the entire trip.

Activities: Since it rained, they had to move all of the activities inside into the lobby. Being our first trip, the show wasn't in the lobby when we checked in. As newbies, I was already cracking up that we went to the Pearl, if I had seen the show from Saturday, I would have lost it laughing. They had a very nice present for some guy who got married and his wife was a trooper in showing appreciation.

Jacuzzi: Didn't even know there was a jacuzzi until the last day. Kidding, how the hell could you miss this thing??? Probably the most relaxed and crazy thing we have ever seen. It is the hub for meeting everyone and everyone comes as they are. It lived up to every bit of imagination. Even with rain coming down sideways (sometimes it felt like it was coming up from the jacuzzi), people were out there partying. Really a great crowd.

People: There must be something about no clothes that makes people friendlier. Possibly disarms us... We met some of the nicest people I have ever met on this trip. I thought the niceness would come from the "theme" of the resort, but not at all. We met people of all shapes/sizes/colors/ages and everyone came across as sincere. Whether it was sitting around the tv in the lobby watching basketball with (B and husband from NC) or in the club with (R and C from Houston), it was a very relaxed and cordial environment. We are newbies at this sport, so it may have come across to some more than others, but no one made us feel out of place. A special shoutout to M & C from Utah, we had a great time hanging out with you. Just good people, plain and simple. Really hope you got the bottle we sent to you.

I know this reads like I should work for the darn place, but we really had a great time. It was a wedding anniversary/birthday celebration that neither of us will forget. Was it perfect, no, but damn close. There was a server/bartender that was a bit too forward in his being polite to my wife and the weather wasn't perfect. I know that we both want to come back and I am already thinking of cool costumes (MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO THE DUDES IN THE WRESTLING MASKS) for next trip. :L
ufluvit
Desire Convert

Postby Travelcouple89 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:40 pm

Great trip report, sounds like you had a wonderful time in spite of the torrential rains! We agree with you, don't know exactly what it is but Desire folks are the nicest people we've ever met on any vacation, by far! :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby ufluvit » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 am

Why is it only one month out and we miss Pearl already?!?

Austin
ufluvit
Desire Convert

Postby BelleFemme » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:44 am

ufluvit wrote:Why is it only one month out and we miss Pearl already?!?

Austin

It took a month!??? You have more patience than us! :shock:
BelleFemme
Desire Fan

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl