Newbie Trip Report for October 7-11, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Trip Report for October 7-11, 2015

Postby fun4justus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Although we think that just about everything that could be said about this wonderful resort has already been said, and said well, by others, we certainly appreciated reading as many experiences as possible before we went so we think it is only fair that we share our story as well.

We are both 39 and in fairly good shape putting us on the younger side, but definitely not the youngest. This was our first time to Desire Pearl or any resort like this although we went to Hedonism III on an afternoon day pass and have been to a couple of clubs so we had an idea of what to expect. With each experience in the past we only went to enjoy each other and the atmosphere just as we did at Desire Pearl. We stayed from October 7th-11th for 4 nights which turned out to be just enough (First Night: my wife wasn’t feeling well = early night; Second Night: wife gets stepped on hard on dance floor = early night; Third Night: wife drinks too much to gain courage to wear sheer dress = early night; Fourth Night: Stars align and although we had to leave a 7 am we stay out until 1:30 am).

We hate to disappoint, but we do not have a ton of wild sex stories to be shared. We spent the majority of our trip at the beach under the shade and only made it to the pool once and hot tub twice. We definitely enjoyed the quite times along the beach each afternoon, but did not partake in the hot tub beds or playroom as those situations were not our thing. Public sex can and does occur, but it was really limited to the hot tub area and the play room. There wasn’t nearly as much public sex as we were expecting and that was a good thing for us. We were exceedingly nervous that it would be too much for us but we really found our fears to be unfounded. In fact, we didn’t see the first naked person until we were checked into our room and looked out on to the pool. The first people that we saw checking in at the same time looked to be a very normal couple just like us (which they turned out to be and we later became friends with) so that really helped set the tone.

Our biggest surprise about the resort was the social aspect. We had never been on vacation before where we meet so many random people. We were invited to join them for dinners, to sit with them at the bars, to go with them on snorkeling trips, and to join them on the dance floor. This socialness made the whole experience so much better and made us feel very included and surprisingly normal. J & R from Florida – Thanks for letting us hang out with you as it made for a much better trip for us (sorry we didn’t get to say goodbye, but PM us if you happen to read this). B & K from BC, Thanks for talking to us and sharing your stories, you were both so easy to talk to and it made my wife much more comfortable.

Another great part about the resort is the food and service. The food was always very well prepared and presented very nicely. We enjoyed everything we had. The only thing better than the food was the service. The staff really tried to make our trip special and were exceedingly attentive.

We stayed in a standard ocean view room which was very nice and large. Our room looked out over the pool and hot tub area which was good, but could get loud. Our first night we tried to have the A/C on “auto” (instead of being “on”) and found that we really needed the constant hum of the A/C to create enough white noise so that we could sleep. There was also jackhammering on our first day working on the pool bar (which was out of service), but luckily that was only on the first day. Then there was the volleyball/water polo whistle. My wife wanted to do bad things to that whistle (and not in a sexy way). The whistle becomes incessant and pierces through the quietness of the beach and rhythmic music. It seems to us that the whistle could easily be replaced with a flag.

Now for the bad: First, there are a lot of naked people. A lot. For us, the resort should be a sexy, intimate environment and sometimes the amount of nudity sometimes takes away from that. We were all for people being naked in their chairs or in the water, but would rather see bottoms on when people are walking around. Nobody is disrespectful and we certainly knew this would be the case when we signed up, but it did become a little much for us and what we were looking for out of the resort. We feel that there are plenty of nudist resorts, but only a very few, like the Pearl, that are meant to be a combination of sexy and sensual. Additionally, if you and your spouse are not 100% on board with your expectations and your comfort levels, then this resort will highlight those differences because you can be certain that someone else at this resort is partaking in the very thing that you were hoping for. Finally, we would like to see a few more things to do (e.g. kayaks, place to watch sports outside of the room, etc.). My wife got sick one day and there isn’t much for a single guy (who doesn’t want to be a creepy single guy) to do except sit in the room quietly while she sleeps. It would be nice if the lobby bar or night club would play sports during the day.

Our final advice would be: If you are considering going, just go. At the very least, the resort is very nice and provides a chance for you to enjoy each other. From there, you can be as reserved (e.g. my wife never took her bottoms off) or engage in as much as you would like to. Overall we really enjoyed our trip together and our time with each other. Would we go back? Likely, but we aren’t immediately booking our next trip. Maybe with time and the pressing need to have some couple time again this resort will very likely be a possibility. We can say that before this trip we would have been mortified if anyone knew we were heading to Desire Pearl, but now that we have experienced it we realize its really a lot of couples just enjoying time with their spouse (and in some cases someone else’s spouse) which is really nothing to be ashamed of. We have even talked about inviting close friends from the real world to join us if we go again.

Jason and Jen, Florida
fun4justus

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Dec 2016

Re: Newbie Trip Report for October 7-11, 2015

Postby bankerman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:07 pm

A word of caution...if you're friends are vanilla, I'd think twice before asking them. We went out on a limb with some friends we thought would surely want to go - turns out, he was totally ready to go and she was NOT. Created a little anxiety between them and the wife has been a little cool to us ever since. We aren't really LS and weren't suggesting that to them, but the nudity thing just did not sit well with her. In retrospect, we would not have even mentioned it to them.

As for there being lots of naked people there....er....yeah....well...call me crazy, but that's why we like to go there!
bankerman
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Beach girl » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:14 pm

"First there are a lot of naked people. A lot." ........ No kidding?
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Jasonky » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:00 pm

The idea of a sports bar is appealing, but they are everywhere at home. If there were 20 T.V's hanging somewhere all the men would be there like moths to a flame. I think the Desire business model makes you interact with your significant other, other patrons and ultimately unplug. Sorry your wife was ill, but I'm sure plenty of folks would love to talk and not feel weird about it under the circumstances. That is why it is so appealing to so many. :L :L :L My wife and I love seeing all the naked people. They are so much easier to talk to unlike all the other resorts. Pearl is unlike any resort I've ever been to. I wish there were more options like the Pearl! Thank you for your report!
Jasonky
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby two4funinpa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:04 am

Naked...hmmmm...we love Pearl, love it. Heading back soon. But we love it despite the nudity, not because of it. We aren't prudes and are in the LS. But being naked is just not what we go for. Now we run around bare ass naked (wife usually keeps bottoms on) the entire time we are there, happily. But if it wasn't nude, we would have just as much fun.

I just found the comment funny. We kind of feel the same way. But, really, what do you expect?
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl