Newbie Wife's Trip Report Oct 7-11, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Wife's Trip Report Oct 7-11, 2015

Postby fun4justus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:16 pm

My review is from my perspective, a 39 yo wife of 17 years who enjoys time to be just adults & intimate w her husband but has no interest in the Lifestyle. My husband enjoys the sexually charged atmosphere of Lifestyle clubs & situations so we looked into vacationing at Desire Pearl.

I will add when checking in we were given non removable bracelets to wear identifying us as Pearl guests since the resort is accessible from the public beach. I did not expect this so I'm sharing for others. I did later see other guests wearing theirs as anklets & think that probably would've been more comfortable.

In order for me to relax and be able to enjoy my time with my husband, I need to feel comfortable and Desire Pearl surpassed my expectations in that regard. The grounds were beautiful, room was fantastic, service & food outstanding but more importantly the atmosphere & motto of "do what you are comfortable with, it's ok" that all employees and even the guests had, is what put me at ease and therefore made the trip a success.

The first time we went to the afternoon Jacuzzi I wore both top & bottom of my bikini, as that made me comfortable. Everyone else was nude. No one said anything to me, teased or enticed me to do anything different. The next day at the pool & beach I continued to wear both my top & bottoms. Again, it was accepted as much as the very naked guests were.

I had assumed the entertainment staff would be somewhat aggressive in their attempts to get guests to "party" by encouraging them to be nude & be openly sexual with a heavy Spring Break like theme. Happily this was not the case. I honestly do not know how so many of the employees go about their jobs as if all guests are clothed! They are very professional and if they are being judgmental, they certainly are not showing it. I had one entertainment staffer tell me he thought it was more sexy to be in a small bikini and leave people guessing rather than totally nude. I'm not sure I believe him but he was making every effort to make me, the guest, comfortable & I greatly appreciate that.

I was not expecting so many guests to be nude for the sake of being nude rather than to be sexual. Sometimes that much nudity, in our opinion, was not very sexy and sometimes it was actually a turn off for us.

I want other women who might not be into the Lifestyle to know you can certainly have a wonderful, sexy, intimate vacation with your partner & feel at ease at Desire Pearl. With the "do what you're comfortable with" attitude they are including not only the guests who want to be naked every moment, drunk the entire day & swap partners regularly but they are also including guests who enjoy topless sunbathing, heavy petting on a beach bed with their spouse & an adult sexually themed luxury vacation. Give it a try & take the plunge, I'm glad I did.

J from Florida
fun4justus

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Dec 2016

Re: Newbie Wife's Trip Report Oct 7-11, 2015

Postby TandD » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:41 pm

fun4justus wrote:... I had one entertainment staffer tell me he thought it was more sexy to be in a small bikini and leave people guessing rather than totally nude. I'm not sure I believe him but he was making every effort to make me, the guest, comfortable & I greatly appreciate that.

Believe it. I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Skimpy clothing - whether it is tiny bikinis or sexy club wear - is much more enticing that full nudity IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing naked ladies and my wife got fully naked in the hot tub plenty of times but I think she's waaay sexier in say, a tiny or sheer-when-wet suit.

I'm glad you took the time to relate your experience and that felt the acceptance that everyone here says you will. I'm sure yet another confirmation is reassuring to others who wonder the same thing.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Beach girl » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:20 pm

I must agree with TandD. I personally feel women look sexier in their disco outfits than naked. For some reason I don't think being naked is about being sexy, maybe more about feeling free. Happy hour time in the hot tub with naked people isn't much different than happy hour at bar with fully clothed people. Having conversations with naked guests about families, jobs, etc.... Which seems to be the norm in the afternoon proves my point. Yes, there is some PDA in the afternoon but not a lot. Seems like after women take off their sexy disco outfits and jump in the hot tub things rev up!
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby edunlla » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:02 am

Beach girl wrote:I must agree with TandD. I personally feel women look sexier in their disco outfits than naked. For some reason I don't think being naked is about being sexy, maybe more about feeling free. Happy hour time in the hot tub with naked people isn't much different than happy hour at bar with fully clothed people. Having conversations with naked guests about families, jobs, etc.... Which seems to be the norm in the afternoon proves my point. Yes, there is some PDA in the afternoon but not a lot. Seems like after women take off their sexy disco outfits and jump in the hot tub things rev up!

Thank you Beach girl for saying what I was thinking. My wife and I love to be nude every chance we get. We spend enough time with society making us being clothed. Social nudism is in no way related to being sexy or being a swinger. Nude people are the friendliest people to be found because you have removed all pretenses that your job or your social status is about somebody else. Yes we all have scars or stretch marks and the clothed people tend to gawk and think they are sexier but so be it. As nudists we just smile and go about our day and make great new friends along the way.
edunlla
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF SLS ALT

Postby Beach girl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Friendliest place I've ever been to. You can spend a week at any other resort and never converse with another couple the entire week. At Desire you have new friends the minute you smile at someone! Naked or not. Look forward to going back and meeting new friends and hoping to see old ones too.....oops that's another story. Lol
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby rawhidexx » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:28 pm

So true Beachgirl and we had the pleasure of getting to know you two during our first trip in May! We can't wait to head back!
rawhidexx
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Mar 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby 2naked » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm sorry, I realize I must be in the minority here and will probably get flamed for saying so (hopefully some others agree with me) but I can't for the life of me understand why someone would go to Desire or any other similar resort and stay clothed. If you like skimpy clothes or tiny bikinis and prefer seeing others that way, save some money and go to any other adults-only resort. Honestly, I think its kind of creepy if you come to Desire but stay clothed, especially if on return visits. It's different if it's your first time and it takes you a few days to get comfortable with being nude in front of others but if after a few days you aren't getting nude, you should consider other places instead of being a peeping Tom/Tammy the whole time. I realize everyone has the freedom to do what they want and I'm not suggesting any rules for nudity or having naked police, just voicing my lack of understanding of someone's thought process of going somewhere and not participating in the reason for the place's existence. It would be like going to a heavy metal concert but having headphones on, listening to country music the whole time.
2naked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-SZC-KIK

Postby newfriendsnb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:49 pm

I agree 2naked!
newfriendsnb

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2015

Postby FlyingBear » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:59 pm

2naked, although my wife and me will probably walk around naked most of the day on our first trip to Desire in April, I still disagree with some of your statements.
First, if it were only about being naked, we certainly would not bother to fly all the way to Mexico for that. Nudism is pretty normal here in Germany, we do it all year long at lakes, beaches and saunas. We have no trouble at all to bare it all.
Despite that, I often find it much more erotic when a hot lady is barely covered in the skimpiest, most reveiling bikinis than seeing her completely naked. That is the reason why we ocasionally do skip the nude part of the beach at our lake and instead give my wife the opportunity to show off in her tiny Wicked Weasels on the "prude" side (which is not at all considered scandalous around here, but still ensures she gets a lot of attention). :D
The reason why we will make that long and expensive trip anyway is not nudity, but the erotic aspect of Desire. We are not in the Lifestyle, but we love the idea of being able to be as naughty AND as naked as we want almost anywhere all day. That is something we can NOT do at any other C/O resort.

In the end this means that we still will be naked most of the time during the day. But my wife certainly will take that oportunity to wear some pieces of "swimwear" that are un-wearable even here in Europe. :D
Same goes for the evening attire, which is not completely nude for a good reason (at least not for the first hour or so :lol: ).

Although the two of us are totally comfortable about getting naked in "public", I understand that not everybody is. But that does not neccessarily mean they are not interested in that erotic part of the Desire experience. And THAT is something they cannot have somewhere else. For me the "main reason for its existance" is NOT nudism (you can have that at Hidden Beach, Couples and thousands of other places around the world), but the hot and naughty environment.

The only guests I would tell "you might be in the wrong place" would be non-nudists that also are not interested in all of voyeurism, exhibitionism, PDA/PDS, the Lifestyle and dressing naughty in the evening... :roll:

Greetings from cold & rainy :GER
FlyingBear
Desire Convert

We are from: Germany
We arrive on: 10 Apr 2017

Postby TandD » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Flying Bear nails it.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby sandybeachkim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Sometimes less is more than bare it all, we like something left to the imagination at times, not all the time but, AT TIMES ... To each their own comfort level ...
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Postby Travelcouple89 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Well said FlyingBear, my wife and I will also be nude most of our time at Pearl but she will also take the opportunity to wear her skimpiest, see through bikinis at times, which I find absolutely erotic. :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby Calguygal » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:35 am

The post starts off my saying they have no interest in "the lifestyle" and then go on to say they have no interest in being nude and say that skimper is "sexier". Hummm have you tried Tempations? We haven't been but it sounds more like what you are looking for. My wife and I like being naked AND being sexy at dinner and the disco that requires being creative with clothes. Their are plenty of attractive women who are sporting skimpy bikinis who don't come off as sexy or more important FUN. Having fun by running around naked is a big - BIG part of what separates Desire from a dozen other "couples resorts". We've found fun = sexy more often than not.
Calguygal
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2015

Postby DKCouple » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:02 pm

JimnK wrote:The post starts off my saying they have no interest in "the lifestyle" and then go on to say they have no interest in being nude and say that skimper is "sexier". Hummm have you tried Tempations? We haven't been but it sounds more like what you are looking for. My wife and I like being naked AND being sexy at dinner and the disco that requires being creative with clothes. Their are plenty of attractive women who are sporting skimpy bikinis who don't come off as sexy or more important FUN. Having fun by running around naked is a big - BIG part of what separates Desire from a dozen other "couples resorts". We've found fun = sexy more often than not.

SO TRUE....Fun = Sexy.

Sexy should NEVER be taken to seriously, then it just becomes boring.

Mrs. DK
DK Couple
Desire Pearl: Feb/Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016/2017/2018/2019/2021
Venus/Gran Canaria - 2018/2019
DKCouple
Desire Addict

We are from: Denmark
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl