FINALLY! trip report nov1-9, 2015 (and a new shoulder)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

FINALLY! trip report nov1-9, 2015 (and a new shoulder)

Postby 22truckie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm

It was a year of anticipation ( we made our DP reservations a year ago), nerves, more anticipation, more nerves, a retirement and a post trip shoulder replacement have all culminated in this post trip report for former newbies Greg and Sarah (22truckie). To say it was a whirlwind of emotions would not only accurately describe our feelings but also the weather one day as a tropical storm moved through as we were having our photo season! The forum and it’s post trip reports went a long way to settling our nerves about our trip so we feel it is only right to see if we can do the same for some unknowing nervous newbies out there who are venturing into the vast unknown that is DP

First off, we had the time of our lives and are already planning our next trip in 6 months (to refresh everyone, we had never done a clothing optional resort before). In brief; I learned something about myself that surprised me, saw my wife shine in the experience of the resort like I never thought she would (not what you may be thinking), enhanced a very sensual relationship and had an experience with my wife that I do not think will ever be topped. So right out of the block on this report, if you have any trepidations on going to DP. lose them right now (along with your clothes). It is true what they say, Desire Pearl is very diverse and can/will fulfill your fantasies no matter how wild or how mild they may be. So on with the breakdown of the trip.

THE TRIP THERE:
We are based in the Seattle area so a non stop flight was not an option for us with the package deal we got. We flew Delta airlines and will never fly them again. As mentioned earlier, we made this trip a year ago and they changed our flight at least 6 times causing us to fight for close to our original flight times each time. The first leg was from Seattle to Atlanta and was the coldest, most uncomfortable red eye flight we have ever had (Only bitch of the trip). The second leg was much nicer. We used the shuttle service provided by the resort and found it to be very nice and would highly recommend it to others.

DAY ONE:
We were there for 8 days, due to my retirement from the fire service just 2 days prior, retirement dinners and the 10:30 PM flight time the next night, sleep for those days was fleeting at best, nearly non existent in reality (Note to all, NOT a good idea!). We got to the resort and were amazed by the remoteness and beauty the resort showed. No it is not a high end, grandiose, posh and polished establishment, nor is it a place where you try and impress. This is not meant as a dig, more a huge compliment as the place is based on class, sensuality and tranquility and they pull it off beautifully. There is a simplistic elegance to the place that just wraps itself around you and gives you a big warm hug. The front reception area is bright white, yet not over the top, the lagoon area that is an open seating area outside, once you go through the office, causes you to want to sit down and breath the place in. There is a screen divider of a face of an incredibly sensual woman wearing a mask with full seductive lips in this area. That right there set the mood for us in more ways than one (will be discussed later). Our room was ready, we went up and were greatly pleased with the accomodations. Not one complaint with the room. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and solid (we definitely put it to the test!). Again we have never been clothing optional but because of MUCH communication on the subject and surounding temptations (highly reccomended if not a requirement) we felt like seasoned veterans. We found two pool side seats right next to a beautiful naked couple and in 5 seconds both of us were naked and felt fantastic (way to go hon!). We met a couple who were seasoned regulars of DP who immediately took us under their wings. Their sign in name was CASHMAN. They have been married 50 years and showed a spirit for life that we can only hope to have when we get to be their age. You guys rock!! ANIMAL HATS was another couple we met right away who made us feel so welcome (it is true, everyone we met at DP were some of the most care free, happy people we could ever hope to meet) We shared some great times (LOL!) . Another couple we met was SoNotFun. They were very special to us in that we communicated a lot before our trip and they answered every question and truely made us feel at ease as the trip grew near. We are not swingers, not in the lifestyle, but have nothing against it and thought we may dabble a bit in the soft swap area while down there if the right couple and timing presented itself. That first night in the jacuzzi my wife had her first kiss with another women (actualy two) and surprised the hell out of me when she got up on the bar and had me do some serious body shots from between her legs. I was amazed at how comfortable she became. We missed ABC that night at the disco as there was no way we could go another night without sleep. The next day my wife stated that she may have had a change in how she felt about the place, that it may be a bit much, and that she questioned whether or not to ever come back. The jacuzzi was a bit overwhelming and this may not be for her. Now part of this may have been my fault as in our prior discussions we talked about her and another woman may be a possibility as she may be “curious”. Me being a typical guy, I stated my being ok with this and may have talked about it a bit too much (again, hello! typical guy). I am never one to pressure my wife but evidently the combination of that and little to no sleep and some drinks probably caused this back wheeling. Thankfully, we are always able to talk very well and told her to just focus on us and nothing else. That was the real focus on coming down in the first place. Everything was perfect after that. Now I am mentioning this to ensure that other “newbies” going down ensure that even though you talk a lot about the trip prior to going down, that it is imperative that you continue talking and touching base while you are down there and ensure that things are still good. Do not let this turn you off, you just need to find your rhythm/ speed. My best tip here is do not put any expectations or goals on yourselves the first time out (probably a mistake on our part). Find your rhythm, go with the flow and what happens, happens. The jacuzzi can be a little overwhelming, especially the first couple of nights.

We found out that everyone has their own rhythm or beat at DP and that once you find yours you absolutely love the place. It took us 3 days. It’s a small world out there when you meet a naked couple from Southern Illinois University (where I went to college) and have a blast with them (miss you guys!!). The entertainment staff was amazing with water polo being our favorite (my wife scored 4 goals in one game!) It was a blast seeing her naked body bumping/grinding and being lifted in the air by other naked guys. She's awesome!

THE JACUZZI:
The topic everybody fast forwards to LOL! This is where I shocked myself. I thought I would get incredibly turned on in this place. Lots of people having sex, intermingling, more sex. Well, I have to say it really didn’t have that much of an affect on me. Now, I (we) are very sexual people and my wife has to literally tell me that she needs a break every once in awhile and to please come up for air at some point, but I discovered that there was just too much sensory overload at the jacuzzi (DP was at capacity). Lots and lots of talking with some sex going on here and there. Now we did see one other couple going at it in a bed with deep passionate sex and that was very enjoyable to watch but as far as us, we discovered that sex between us is a more some what private thing or at most amongst a small group. Again, each couple will have their own unique vibe and who knows, it may change for us the next time we go down there. BTW, the jacuzzi is shedding tiles. Hate to say it but some somehow 8) made it into our luggage. We will definitely find something cool to make out of them to remind us of DP!

DINNER:
We had every dinner at “The Pearl”. Now I have read that some thought the inside layout as being tacky (with regards to the mannequin female legs coming out from the wall). Too each their own. We thought the atmosphere was sensually elegant. In other words we loved the place!!! Daniel was our waiter every night and was the nicest waiter. He topped it off each night. The food was amazing and we shared the experience with numerous friends we made along the way. Dressing up provocatively with class and elegance was a nice way to break up the day of being naked.

THE GROUNDS AND FACILITIES:
As I stated in the beginning, you will not find over the top glitz and bling at this resort. What you do find in our opinion is a much harder goal to achieve. Beautiful elegance in a relaxed, natural setting. This is not a put down on the place, quite the contrary, it is a statement of praise to pull off such a difficult feet so very well. The relaxing setting is so hypnotic that it makes you feel so at ease that being clothed somehow lessens the experience. We discovered too late in our stay that the beach beds are amazing. The feeling of the refreshing breeze against your body, sound of the waves, intertwined with your mate. Can it get any more romantic??? Trust me we will be making more use of those on our next trip, especially late at night :).

BREATHLESS PHOTOGRAPHY:
I had mentioned that there was a memory that we were a part of that will probably never be topped in the “Lost in romance and passion” category for us. The photography session was it. Now, for those of you who saw my wife know what I mean when I say she could easily pose for playboy (and she is in her mid 40’s!). She is a poser, the camera loves her. I on the other hand have never been comfortable around a camera. Don’t get me wrong, I feel very good about myself and work hard to keep up a good physique but have always been nervous about being in front of a camera. Now I was going to do it nude with my wife and doing things I never thought I would do in front of a camera. The reason why I am telling you this is because how at ease the couple made me/us feel. I loved every second of it, was lost in emotion and hardly heard any suggestive comments that were made. During the conclusion of the shoot in the room we noticed that a serious rain squall was rapidly heading in. We wanted to do a shoot out on the pier and decided to head out and give it a shot. The photographer stated he had never shot in the rain before. We walked out, took our clothes off as the rain and wind hit. What followed were some of the most unbelievable photographs I have ever seen as well as a moment in time that will always be remembered

In closing, a few final thoughts: We noticed when lounging on the beach beds people walking up and down the beach clothed. They seemed very focused with their stares straight ahead. They were obviously very awkward with the images of naked people relaxing enjoying a nice day. These were not locals, but tourist. The people we work with and friends we told all pretty much had the same view, “There was no way we could do something like that”. It’s pretty sad that so many people have closed their minds and spirits to challenging ones boundaries and pursuing a greater passion. Being naked is not dirty. A gentleman we met put it best, “Removing one’s clothes is the great equalizer”. There were no small clicks huddling around, never intermingling, no attitudes, no disrespect, just groups of happy naked people intermingling and enjoying life. If you have any self doubt about how you look, trust me, you will leave there a much better person walking tall and proud. We are already making plans for our next trip in 6 months. We are closer now (if that was possible)as I realize how special a woman I truly have , realized that our sex life is mostly for us but a little playing is ok. Having sex in front of a bunch of people is not our gig (a few maybe but a jacuzzi full, not so much), but totally understand those that enjoy this. Our sex while not on display for the masses was some of the most intense we have ever experienced. In other words, the place brings it out in you no matter what level you are at. But first and foremost and this is the golden rule of DP: Constantly check in with your better half, making sure she stays at ease with it all and follow in her wake. Because, the women run DP, and that is a beautiful thing.
22truckie
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Oct 2018

Re: FINALLY! trip report nov1-9, 2015 (and a new shoulder)

Postby winederful2 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm

You guys rock! Nothing more to be said...thanks for the report!
winederful2
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 25 Jan 2017

Re: FINALLY! post trip report (and a new shoulder)

Postby beagirl » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Awesome report. Thank you! Now we are ready to book again!
beagirl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 02 Jul 2015

Postby bobsharon79 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:28 am

Hey 22truckie
Glad you guys had a great trip. I see that you are going back in May. Would enjoy meeting a brother FF.

Bob (the eng. co. guy)
bobsharon79
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby jaycal68 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 am

Wonderful report for these two newbies that are going in February. We are both really looking forward to the trip but as my wife says there are some things that are just for us yet we are both keeping an open mind and will take things as they come. We are just happy to be going together and entering this new chapter of our life and see where it takes us.....

80 days and counting...got our first snow today so we truly can't wait....

J&D
:CAN
Pearl Feb '16,'17,'18,'19,'20, May '22, Jan '24
RM Feb '23
jaycal68
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 20 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swinging Heaven

Postby michael5572 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Great trip report!! Very much like our first trip last Feb. We are going back this Feb. and look forward to not having that first trip trepidation. You really did a great job describing the vibe at the resort we could not agree more. 80 days for us can't wait to go back.
michael5572
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2019

Postby sandybeachkim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Great trip report, we are off to Desire RM, our first time to this resort, looking forward to it and your trip report surely heightened our excitement to be getting their soon ... We may call 911 and looking for serious hotties with all that sensual energy going on - so be ready and standing by :)
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Postby tan44 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:36 am

Fantastic trip report.
Spectacular pictures, especially the ones in the rain.
Thank you.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby 22truckie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks eveyone for the feedback. We are probably going to book tomorrow for first week in May, so Bob, Your on! An engine company guy and retired ladder truck guy. God help DP!! One more shout out to "the cokemann" for posting the pictures and redoing our avatar. Love that shot! We are trying to get another couple we know to go down with us as we think it would be fun. They are still not there :(

One other thing. There were other couples that we met while we were down in November that we did not mention in the initial report. Please excuse. This in no way minimizes the fun we had with you, more a sign of my lousy memory!!! Cheers all
22truckie
Desire Lover

Postby bobsharon79 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:19 am

Hey 22 truckie! and Mrs truckie!!!! It's the eng. guy. Can you send me a PM,so we can converse via e-mail?
Bob
bobsharon79
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby animal hats » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:19 am

Eloquent and spot on report. It was OUR pleasure meeting you both. Your photo shoot came out amazing, good call on the monsoon ;)
XO
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby 22truckie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm

First off, glad people liked the report. I feel it is important to help others with " the big plunge" as others helped us. Paying it forward is a great thing. The world would be a better place if this was an international standard. Well, 3 weeks back and we have made our second trip reservations!!! No it was not the pain killers I have been on, rather the resort and the people were the driving force. May 2-7 we will be BACK! Anybody else heading down at that time?? No more newbies for us!!!
22truckie
Desire Lover

Postby Lovetotravel2010 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks for the great report. We are heading there in Feb 2016 for our first time! Super excited. Love your photos!
Lovetotravel2010

We arrive on: 19 Feb 2016

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm

That was a championship caliber trip report, with pictures even!!! I remember feeling so psyched after our first trip to Hedonism II. I was so fired up, just wanted to tell anyone within earshot how awesome it was. Thankfully, the many anonymous outlets on the internet allow us to spread the word!
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
TTR 6/24
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 09 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby Gigmaster » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:55 am

Without a doubt, this is the absolute best trip report I've read. Thanks for taking the time to write it. :L
Gigmaster

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl