2nd trip - DP Nov. 13 - 23, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

2nd trip - DP Nov. 13 - 23, 2015

Postby DKCouple » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:55 am

We had our first Desire Pearl experience in February and booked our 2nd trip as soon as we got of the plane in DK.

So expectations where high this time around. Was the 1st trip just beginners luck, or would our next trip be just as amazing?

Well, it was. Just as fun, wild, crazy, amazing as the first time around.

We arrived in Cancun after a loooong trip on Friday 13th. Check in was as polite and friendly as last time. We had to wait quite a while for our butler to turn up and show us the room. The resort was fully booked and very busy that weekend. We had requested the same room as the last time (Penthouse 29), and we got it. Nice touch - felt almost like coming home. The thrill of just being back in Mexico and Pearl was exhilarating - and despite almost 24 hours with no sleep, we felt ready to party.

The first night we had dinner at Aphrodite - and the food was, as always, beyond standard for an all inclusive resort.

We got to bed at 3 - 4 am the next morning after a crazy night of dancing, drinking, talking and just having a great time. We stayed awake for about 30 hours. New record!

The days at Pearl have their own rhythm - as you all know. The breakfast got delivered every morning at 9. It is pretty important to mr. DK to get to the beach in time for beach volley. I just enjoy, that someone (not me) is entertaining him, while I get to relax on a beach bed with my book. On the first morning I had problems with my throat, and my voice was almost gone. The staff heard my voice, and brought me honey with lemon to drink. The following days the first question was "how is your voice today, miss?". So caring and attending.

After mr. DK finished his Volley - there was time for socializing - to our surprise we met several couples, that we also met in February. Just being lazy by the pool, enjoying the people watching, the sun and each other. As parents for 3 kids, we don't get a lot of alone time at home!

Lunch in Aphrodite - always a pleasure. We really enjoyed the outside grill, where the cook (the poor guy) prepared fresh food, tacos, burritos and other kind of simple, but so so delicious, foods.

Then a afternoon nap on the beach bed, at the pool or at the beds by the jacuzzi - maybe followed by a bit of fun/afternoon couples exercise on the jacuzzi beds. And then Jacuzzi time. Oh - yet again we met so many fun, interesting people. I don't know how Pearl attract so many just awesome couples. Open, friendly, nonjudgmental - and you can just talk to everybody about he most personal of subjects. It just makes me smile to be around the special pearl-people!.

In our 10 nights we ate alone on our first and our last night. The Sushi restaurant was a big hit with us. Normally I would not eat sushi in an all inclusive resort, but the quality at Pearl is really good. We also ate at Pearl. And I must say, that the first night we had dinner there was a big disappointment. They had the "Aphrodisiac menu", and the food was below the standard we remembered from February. On our last night we had the same menu, and on this evening the food was really well prepared.

Aphrodite has improved, and is now almost as elegant as The Pearl.

As those of you who know us, know - we are all about the costumes. Especially the corsets. Mr. DK is my stylist (only at Pearl - at home he really don't care about my wardrobe), and we had a blast dressing up for the themes. The first week not many people dressed up, but on our last weekend the crowd was different, and really made an effort. The shows where good and professional - but we actually enjoyed the entertainment staffs performance on saturday nights the most.

One some of the nights the music was nice. Mr. DK and I enjoy dancing - but a couple of nights we left the disco early because of the really bad music (very moderne bum, bum kind of music). Other nights there was lots of latino music and music we actually knew.

This time around we got to try the playroom - just one night - but it was a nice, very nice, experience with another couple (you know who you are - we had a blast, thank you!) temperature was ok, maybe a bit to bright to my liking (makeup usually will not stay in place during a playroom session;)), other nights we went to the jacuzzi, or invited people to our room. The hot tub in the penthouse is nice for entertaining!

On one of our first days, there was a huge rain storm (is that an expression you can use in english??), and rain came down through the roof and into our room. The staff was informed, and everything was taken care of, while we where at the pool. We had some rain - mostly at night, that made it difficult to walk to the restaurants and the disco in heels (I am sure, it was entertaining to watch though!!)

Even though we had an amazing time, I have to say, that a couple of things where disappointing. The temperature in the jacuzzi was just way to cold a couple of days - and the water so cloudy, that we could not even see our own feet. At some point I think they put a lot of chemicals in the jacuzzi without warning the guests. When I got up I noticed that I had quite a big burn mark on one of my legs. It looks like a chemical burn, and I am sure, I got it in the jacuzzi. I would have noticed otherwise. Then there is the question about the loose tiles in the jacuzzi - but we heard that they have planned to empty the jacuzzi for repairs.

We also had a problem with our own hot tub, as the kept taking the temperature down. The butler managed to fix this for the last half of our stay (thank you Gerry!)

As I said - they really need to do something about one of the DJs. He needs to understand that the audience do not have an average age of 20.

Thank you to the amazing staff. To Victor - thank you for getting us nice pool chairs, even though everything was booked. The entertainment staff for being so very good at what they do.

And to everybody else for making us feel like the most important people in the world.

We are going back in November 2016. Feels like we have to wait forever.

Mrs. DK/DKCouple
DK Couple
Desire Pearl: Feb/Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016/2017/2018/2019/2021
Venus/Gran Canaria - 2018/2019
DKCouple
Desire Addict

We are from: Denmark
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Re: 2nd trip - DP Nov. 13 - 23, 2015

Postby Cpl du Nord » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Great trip report. It was fun meeting and hanging out with you two. We loved your corsets and costumes. Late February would be a great time for your return. We'll save you a spot by the pool.

Dustin (& CB)
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby danbo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:22 pm

I will once again agree with Dustin, a great trip report. The important question is, How did Mr DK's hair survive the stress of the flight home?
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby DKCouple » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:32 am

danbo wrote:I will once again agree with Dustin, a great trip report. The important question is, How did Mr DK's hair survive the stress of the flight home?

Ohhh....it is a sensitive subject, the hair. Well, let me just say; it got more loving attention on the long trip home, than I did :shock:

Hope to see you in November - of course we already booked 8)

Mrs. DK

BTW: Mr. DK sends you his promise, that the next time we meet, he will personally show you, what "OTK" means - as a thank you, for the hair comment :wink:
DK Couple
DKCouple
Desire Addict

Postby DKCouple » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:36 am

Cpl du Nord wrote:Great trip report. It was fun meeting and hanging out with you two. We loved your corsets and costumes. Late February would be a great time for your return. We'll save you a spot by the pool.

Dustin (& CB)

Hi Dustin & CB (still loving the nickname :wink: )

I will hate you just a little bit in February, while we are cold here in old DK....and you are in Paradise. Sorry about that :oops:

We'll be back in November - as you know. Plane tickets are booked, room also - so now we can start dreaming (and preparing costumes - Burlesque...LOVE IT..)
DK Couple
DKCouple
Desire Addict

Postby DahliaandDrR » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:57 pm

Great trip report! It was lovely to meet you, and I agree with Dustin - you should be joining us in February for birthdays!! I can't wait to see what Mr DK comes up with for burlesque night!

Amie
Stop by, say Hi, and read about what toys Dr. R and I have been into lately!
follow me on Twitter @thedailyclimax
DahliaandDrR
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 24 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl