Recent DP Visit??? Spill the beans!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Recent DP Visit??? Spill the beans!

Postby scuba_couple » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:22 am

Hey Dudes and Dudettes -

As of right now, we have 100 days to go. In order to keep from going crazy with the wait, I’d sure like to here from folks who has been to DP in the last few weeks and live vicariously through them. This will be our first time ever for a vacation like this so I’d like to hear from first timers and hear your impressions as well as veterans and here current resort status.

I (as well as others I’m sure) are interested in hearing about anything but here are a few points that come to mind -
- Seaweed/beach situation
- Erotic massage - still happening and was it as good as has been documented on older posts
- Hot tub - What did you see/experience happening
- Pool/Beach beds - still an issue getting them - have to do unnatural acts to yourself to reserve one?
- Rooms - from a selfish standpoint, the Master Suites without the plunge pool - how are they currently? Issues or perfection?
- Theme nights - how are they going - anything stand out?
- Any drama noted from anyone?
- Pool - based on previous posts, it seems there are no floats so we are planning on bringing some. Still a good idea?
- Foam party - how was it?
- Erotic details of anything that stands out (yes, some of us are voyeurs)
- Any kind of erotic classes going on. I've read that Liz used to do some but she is now in sales. Any substitutes?
- Jeez, I could go on and on so just spill your guts and tell it all!

I know there is a forum for trip reports but it seems like the only time people post there is when they want to write about their entire trip - which we also really really enjoy. So I was hoping that this would be an opportunity for recent visitors to post as little or as much that comes to mind.

Take care all!
M&A
Desire Pearl: July 2016, July 2017 (booked)
SLS: scuba_couple
scuba_couple
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Recent DP Visit??? Spill the beans!

Postby scuba_couple » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:36 am

scuba_couple wrote:Hey Dudes and Dudettes -
as well as veterans and here current resort status.

as well as veterans and hear current resort status.

My grasp of the english language ain't that great - I'm a University of Alabama grad!!!! :o :o
scuba_couple
Desire Addict

Postby TwofromTexas » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 pm

We travel in 34 days. I would also love some updated answers to those questions. I've read through the board and many posts are quite dated, so current 2016 info would be appreciated!! :D
TwofromTexas
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 May 2016

Postby 2McD » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:15 pm

We were there for our first trip Sept 2015, so no current info. But, we are going this June for our second trip and if we may add to your questions...

Pool Bar? They were renovating it when we were there, any updates on it, how is it? More shade I hope :)

Also would love to hear about the current seaweed situation!
Cheers,
T & S
kik - 2McDs
2McD
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 07 Aug 2020

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:22 pm

We just got back from our trip 7 days ago and promptly posted a pretty solid trip report. Should we have done more? Keep in mind, there are only 88 rooms at the entire resort, so there's a limited number of potential trip reports you'll ever get to read. Not everyone who goes to Desire is a member here and not everyone who's a member here necessarily posts trip reports.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 pm

2McD wrote:Pool Bar? They were renovating it when we were there, any updates on it, how is it? More shade I hope :)

Also would love to hear about the current seaweed situation!

I will say that one of our biggest complaints about the resort was the lack of shade anywhere near the pool. THere's a small strip that is shaded by the roof of the bar during certain portions of the day, but you can only fit so many people on those stools. The rest of the people are forced to bake in the sun, there is no shelter. They need to get one of those modern looking sail-cloth type pavilion shelters they could string up across a portion of the pool to provide some shade. After lunch and before the hot tub, it's just brutal.

The seaweed was managed pretty well. The grounds keepers raked it up each day and carted it off. It was not a big deal to us. Definitely didn't hinder our ability to get in the water.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby miranda2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:31 am

We find the pool quite boring unless we are doing some activity that the entertainment staff come up with and we always do the pool exercises. Bonus massage at the end of it. The pool umbrellas seem to be saved for the members, along with their lounge chairs. Doesn't leave much shade for us peons but that's okay. There is plenty of shade on the beach, though, which is where we prefer to hang out.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby ctrycher » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:45 am

Is there a swim up bar at the pool?
Ctrycher on Kik
Chris Rosenberry on FB
ctrycher
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Oct 2020

Postby scuba_couple » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:37 am

STL-MO-CPL wrote:We just got back from our trip 7 days ago and promptly posted a pretty solid trip report. Should we have done more? Keep in mind, there are only 88 rooms at the entire resort, so there's a limited number of potential trip reports you'll ever get to read. Not everyone who goes to Desire is a member here and not everyone who's a member here necessarily posts trip reports.

You wrote an awesome trip report and I enjoyed it very much. I saw this as an opp to get people who don't write reports to just throw out some "quickies". If everyone wrote full reports that would be terrific! However, like me, some people don't enjoy writing a lot of info. So, hopefully they will throw a few thoughts in here.

M&A
scuba_couple
Desire Addict

Postby MattKenzie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:12 am

Hi scuba_couple,

I fully expected to write a post-trip report after we got back but I flew back to work a couple of days after we returned and just haven't been able to get to it. Not sure I would have said anything more than others have (99.9% positive stuff) so when I saw your itemized list I thought I could at least do that. So, item by item...number) your question followed by a) our response.

1) Seaweed/beach situation
a) Lots of black’ish seaweed but constant cleanup by at least one staff member (phrasing!) Was not an issue for us.

2) Erotic massage - still happening and was it as good as has been documented on older posts
a) I had every intention of getting one of these for Kenzie and I pulled out… er, rather… backed out of doing so. Probably our loss but some of the reviews I did read was that though the touching was great, the climactic ending was not as personal and almost a hindrance. Again though, we did not have one so I cannot give any kind of a fair opinion of this; only why we chose not to.

3) Hot tub - What did you see/experience happening
a) Our first night was a Monday and we went to the theme night (more on that later) and then back to our room to change and went to the Jacuzzi. Met and talked with a few couples but it was a very quiet and tame night. With it being our first night we thought maybe the time of year was indicative but as we learned by Wednesday, Mon-Tues are kind of the quiet nights, at least for our trip (M-Sat).
b) As for what we saw: without gawking (too much) there appeared to be a threesome or two going on in a couple of the beds, some girl-girl kissing, one couple putting some hot tub motion in the ocean, and on our last night when it was the most active (for the nights we were there) some oral action.
c) On the night of the Black Tape Project (Tuesday, I think?) we were treated to two of the BTP girls coming out to the Jacuzzi, one of which was sporting a bejeweled butt-plug, which I affectionately referred to as Sapphire from then on. A bit later someone brought out the Hershey’s chocolate syrup, which was adequately spread on the female half of one of our friends in a modified body shot, and Kenzie was able to “take a short walk on the wild side” by helping with the “cleanup”. :D/

4) Pool/Beach beds - still an issue getting them - have to do unnatural acts to yourself to reserve one?
a) No issue getting one Tuesday morning but that was most likely due to the resort not yet filling up. After that we still managed to get beds but sometimes had to wait a bit longer. We went to one of the beach bungalows on one of the mornings and watched beach volleyball as well as the Brady Bunch walking up and down the beach from the other resorts. All in all it was not an issue.

5) Rooms - from a selfish standpoint, the Master Suites without the plunge pool - how are they currently? Issues or perfection?
a) Stayed in a regular Ocean View room and felt it more than met our needs/wants/desires. The balcony (we were in Seahorse #41) overlooked the quiet end of the pool. The grassy area below was where Pilates/Yoga/ tent-pitching-in-my-shorts took place each morning. Very short walk around the corner and down the walk to the Jacuzzi and pool.
b) For anyone else reading who has not been before, there are no room’s too far from anything.

6) Theme nights - how are they going - anything stand out?
a) We attended each Theme Night and Kenzie did dress for each one. I did for all but one. Lots of people who didn’t but that didn’t matter. We enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again next year.
b) The disco opens for the evening show at around 10? 10:30? Never really paid attention to time while there. Warning: if you like to watch but not participate in public events (sex aside) then you might not want to sit in the cushions/chairs immediately around the dance floor. Kenzie wore a plaid miniskirt on our first night (Desire University) and we sat next to friends on the cushions near the door but next to the dance floor. There was a lovely young lady from Chile who did a striptease and during the dance she squatted down in front of my lady, spread her legs and showed everybody on the other side of the room that she wasn’t wearing any panties. We had been in the resort about three hours and already knew we would be coming back. The next dancer was a male and he too involved Kenzie in his routine by pulling her up to the floor, then picking her up and having her wrap her legs around his waist while he moved around the floor. She had no clue what he was going to do when he picked her up and the look on her face was priceless when he spun her around. Needless to say, she wouldn’t sit near the front again after that. Bummer.

7) Any drama noted from anyone?
a) No drama noted that we saw. One of the nights in the Jacuzzi though there was a single guy who was rather drunk who came and sat down on one of the beds, fully dressed. A bit later he was in the tub and that was when we decided it was time to go. Was a bit of a buzzkill but we were ready to go.

8) Pool - based on previous posts, it seems there are no floats so we are planning on bringing some. Still a good idea?
a) There were a couple but not sure if the resort provided them or if people brought their own.

9) Foam party - how was it?
a) Newbie lesson learned for us was to arrive on maybe a Tuesday night and stay through to the following Sunday or Monday. Instead, we left Saturday around noon. Therefore we missed out on the foam party.

10) Erotic details of anything that stands out (yes, some of us are voyeurs)
a) Lovely ladies (to me) everywhere you looked. The Jacuzzi is the place to be to get your voyeur fix on.

11) Any kind of erotic classes going on. I've read that Liz used to do some but she is now in sales. Any substitutes?
a) Did not see or hear of any but had seen the forums talking about them before our trip. Would have liked to have done something of this nature since we passed on the erotic massage.

Hope these answers are at least somewhat helpful. Have enjoyed writing and reliving some of what happened.
Tower Isle 04/2015
D P....03/2016
D P....08/2017
D P.....07/24-29, 2019
SDC (MattKenzie)
Kasidie...mandk1981
Kik: MattKenzie_Tx
MattKenzie
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 24 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Pebbles&BamBam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Ok, I'll give my answers as well. We will actually be back at DP in about 3 weeks so I will answer with new answers after that trip.

- Seaweed/beach situation
Seaweed washing up constantly with a constant attempt at cleanup. Would have to be the worst job ever. Never ending. My version of hell.

- Erotic massage -
We did one. We had 2 females. Thought it was great. They stayed until the end with some very serious probing and pushing at climax. I would suggest that you "get into it" as soon as you lay down.(If that is what you want) The faster you you show that you are willing to fully participate, the faster they will oblige. I suggest, spreading legs, pushing your butt up, moan, grind...just get into it and have fun. ;)

- Hot tub -
We saw it all. Girl on Girl. 3 way. 8 person orgy. Sex in the hot-tub, sex on the side of hot-tub, all kinds of sex in the beds. Oral sex on the sides of the hot tub. Body shots.
We participated in: oral sex on the sides of the hot tub. Body shots. Plenty of sex in the beds. We really enjoyed one night when a group of 4 ladies just stood about 4 feet from our bed and watched the entire ordeal. They kind gave a running commentary. Lol.

- Pool/Beach beds -
We had no issues getting a bed. We ended up buying a membership about half way through our stay, so we clearly didn't have a problem after that. I would consider the membership if you plan on returning. Just do the math and see if it adds up.

- Rooms
I thought the room was great. No issues at all. Didn't spend much time in the room though. We would leave by 8-9am and be in and out until 1-2am. We napped on the beach beds and a couple of nights we passed out on the Jacuzzi bed when things had slowed down quite a bit.

- Theme nights -
We LOVED the theme nights. We both dressed up and participated every night. Come on guys...put some thought into it! We were there 8 nights. I'll break them down.

Masquerade night 1 - DW wore a sexy outfit and was in the dance competition. DH wore black silk boxers. We both wore pretty cool masks. It was our first night there and things moved fast. At one point after dancing for each other on the side of the dance floor, think lap dances, we found ourselves having full on sex with about 30-40 people still on the dance floor. Pretty hot and one of our favorite memories.

Dress to impress - DW wore very a sexy dress that was joined by a wooden ring on hip and exposed full leg and mid section. It was our favorite dress of the trip. DH wore tux shirt and tie. Fun times.

Glow party - DW painted neon stripes on body with great shoes. DH neon boxers with nice white button down.

Desire university - DW wore the typical plaid short skirt with suspenders (no top), an awesome pair of high heel oxford "school girl" shoes and hair in a ponytail. DH dressed up as a nerd with really tight shorts and taped glasses.

Desire mansion - DW painted a bunny on upper body and painted boy shorts on the bottom. DH wore a great Hugh Hefner smokers jacket and boxers. Too hot for the jacket though...ended up in only the boxers for most of the night.

Anything But Clothes - DW wore a top that was made up two large lollipops and a candy necklace mini mini skirt. (think candy necklace around waste with about 10-15 short candy bracelets hanging in the front). DH wore a g-string made up of a "Big Hunk" candy bar and 2 "peanut patties". Needless to say, not much was covered.

Red and Black night(can't remember the actual name) - DW wore some great red lingerie. DH wore red silk boxers and black bow tie.

Masquerade night 2 - DW wore a stringy lingerie top and some nice thigh high black stockings (no panties...we don't even pack them :)) DH wore typical black boxers, nice black button down. We both wore really cool masquerade masks.

Theme nights were the best. We made some great friends who loved to dance and have fun. There was a group of about 12-14 of us that would dance and dance and dance. Some of the nights were just epic. The play room and swing were used on most nights by us and many others. One night there were at least 16 people in there. :)

- Any drama noted from anyone?

The only thing we ran into was some drama with a random guy. For some reason this guy was always out and about without his wife. I think he was just trolling, seeing what kind of trouble/fun he could get into. One night we were in the play room and and I look up and this guy is just standing there staring at us (no one else was in the play room) "rubbing" on his privates with this weird look on his face. We just quit having sex and decided to get up and leave. We would have had no problem at all if he AND his wife were sitting across from us doing the exact thing he was doing...but it just seemed creepy the way it was done. He was constantly seen alone wandering around the hotel grounds at weird hours of the night. Others voiced their concerns as well.

- Pool - based on previous posts, it seems there are no floats so we are planning on bringing some. Still a good idea?

We didn't bring any floats, but we plan to in the future.

- Foam party

It was great fun. We have been researching "best lube for underwater sex" for our return trip. :)

- Erotic details

Go with an open mind and open eyes. You will see a lot of action if you keep your eyes open. Couples in rooms with doors open...couples on beds just outside their sliding glass door (us most every day).

- Any kind of erotic classes going on. I've read that Liz used to do some but she is now in sales. Any substitutes?

None that we noticed.
Pebbles&BamBam
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl