Good times but....June 10-19, 2016

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Good times but....June 10-19, 2016

Postby mrstommer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 am

Desire trip report June 10-19, 2016

Good times but…

“Are you Tommer and Mrs Tommer?” :D

Love it! The trouble was that this year, I heard this in the disco….or should I say BARELY heard it. The music was so loud that when we were approached, I could not hear anything past that intro. I/we wanted to get to know you, and hope we can meet again. The disco that evening was crowded, and we had other friends who were also there, and I am sure that between the noise and the crowd, I did not come across like I had intended: happy to meet you! In addition, the couple who dined in the Jade Sushi bar on the weekend we first arrived, who found us later in the disco (“damn”), I had wished we could have had more time. PM me or tommer if you remember that.

We met friends this year, actually had formed our own little ‘group’ during the year. Over the past few years, the members of our group had recognized that we came to Pearl the same week each year. We enjoyed our conversations and knew we would miss each other until we met again. So, we connected via social media and had planned a surprise birthday celebration for one of our members. These were good times: the surprise happy birthday sung to our friend in the Jacuzzi, while donning our groups’ mini tank top and tiny pearl necklace. Then…on the dance floor before the entertainment of the evening, wearing our playboy bunny and gangster attire, performed an entertaining dance---the bunnies and the birthday gangster. ☺ Other fun moments include sharing neon paints and lipsticks by the seven of us in the ladies bathroom, before heading into the disco. LOL—the faces of those entering the bathroom witnessing our hilarious artistic attempts! “Girls just wanna have fun!” :wink:

But….too much sunscreen leads to funky bubbles in the pool and Jacuzzi. Pool staff cleaned and added chlorine daily.

Good times are the foam parties! But….three of them in one ten day period?! We couldn’t do it. :roll:

Good times: we planned a meet and greet dinner at the Jade Terrace for our group that went very well….but….the mosquitos were not invited and crashed the party as the sun went down. Good times: the staff literally picked up all of our tables and carried them into the dining room, and served us dinner in the Sushi restaurant. This was an amazing feast and feat. :D

Staff is remarkable. Not only here at the Jade, but at the entire resort. Remarkable. There were a few newbies who were not as attentive at the beginning of our week, but later on were improved. Ricky at the pool bar, Ebe & Enrique in the Aphrodite , the bathroom attendant, butlers Rudy and Gerry, beach and pool lounge manager Victor, masseuse Veronica, and entertainment staff Charlie & Kia….amazing people.

The Wine Pairing dinners were delicious and appreciated. As members, we were able to partake in two of these, giving us the chance to meet and chat with other members. It was great to meet you two from our hometown! May our paths cross again! Only a few members of our group are also members of the resort, so we were fortunate enough to have caught up with two couples at one of these Wine Parings. Cheers to you, too!

Beach walks to Puerto Morales: good times. Seaweed was minimal. Sunshine was plentiful. Water was clear and warm.

Good times: exotic massage. Veronica has magical hands for my hubby. :bj But….Alex was good, and utilized a different technique that led me to a happy ending with my hubby. The but…..my hubby hoped I would have had more happiness, LOL. I was not complaining…but will choose differently next time.

Final thoughts: this trip report is lengthy. It was wonderful meeting up with new friends met only last year, old friends, and getting acquainted with online friends. Good times: laughs, hugs, kisses, and promises to keep in touch. But….moments of drama, too much tequila, hot flashes that made me look like I was burning up in the sun (well….yes and no)…. The ‘buts’ put a damper on some of the hopes and fantasies of this year, but….as always, good times were had in paradise. 8)
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Re: Good times but....June 10-19, 2016

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:00 am

It was great to meet you too MrsTommer. We really enjoyed our wine testing dinner together and were glad to know that there is one more couple in our town who are Desire addicts as well. I hope our paths will cross again too, since we were also sad that we did not had enough time to chat more. We were busy with our group of friends whom we met over the past trips and formed informal Desire buddies group. I hope your recovery to the real life was not hard. Take care. A&D
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby canuck63 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:51 am

It was a pleasure meeting yourself and Tommer. We just wish we could have stayed longer then the 4 nights we were there. Tequila Cream will never be the same after this past adventure. We are already looking forward to next year! Cheers from your new Canadian friends!!
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby mrstommer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:48 am

It was a pleasure meeting yourself and Tommer. We just wish we could have stayed longer then the 4 nights we were there. Tequila Cream will never be the same after this past adventure. We are already looking forward to next year! Cheers from your new Canadian friends!!

It was great to meet you too MrsTommer. We really enjoyed our wine testing dinner together and were glad to know that there is one more couple in our town who are Desire addicts as well. I hope our paths will cross again too, since we were also sad that we did not had enough time to chat more. We were busy with our group of friends whom we met over the past trips and formed informal Desire buddies group. I hope your recovery to the real life was not hard. Take care. A&D

Thanks for shout out canuck63 and Lookin4satisfaction! There is something about that tequila cream....in fact tequila this year was dangerous! But apparently I was quite fun! :shock: Recovery to real life usually takes awhile!

Take care and look forward to seeing both of you again,

Mrs Tommer and Tommer
mrstommer
Desire Addict

Postby Asiancaucasion » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:10 am

Love the report. Going in sept and need to know what is the tequila cream u mention?
Asiancaucasion
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2016

Postby Beach girl » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Cream Tequila is yummy. It is a creamy liqueur with a hint of cinnamon flavor. Similar in consistency to Bailey's or Rum Chata. Hope that makes sense.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby miranda2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:16 am

We totally agree with you about the volume of the music in the Pearl disco.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby razor6416 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 am

Question to mrstommer: I'm assuming from your comment re: Alex and massage that you would recommend Oscar? Am I correct?
razor6416
Desire Fan

Postby AzKimNDavid » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Asiancaucasion wrote:Love the report. Going in sept and need to know what is the tequila cream u mention?

It's called 1921. We enjoyed many shots of 1921 while we were there 6/11 - 6/18 in 2016.

:US
AzKimNDavid

We arrive on: 09 Jun 2017

Postby D&H » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:21 pm

I just googled 1921 and it sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it in September.
D&H
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 16 Dec 2020

Postby mrstommer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Alex was sweet but inexperienced.
mrstommer
Desire Addict

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl