Incredible First Time! - June 2016

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Incredible First Time! - June 2016

Postby ClassicBrew » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:31 am

This was our first trip to any resort like this, including nudist, C/O, swinger, etc. I don't think we could have made a better choice. Desire Pearl is everything (and more!) it's touted as.

The Great:
People. Above all, the people. We made so many friends, had so much fun with folks here. And - we're definitely not an extremely outgoing, boisterous couple. We hung out near the pool bar during the day, and the Jacuzzi bar at night. People just came up, introduced themselves, and we'd end up hanging out talking and laughing for hours.

Food. The food was fantastic. We ate at Pearl one night, it was five star all the way. Our other meals were at Aphrodite, the casual buffet. The dinners at Aphrodite were wonderful. The buffet was mostly gone, replaced by a small menu with wonderful selections. We had Mexican one night, and Brazilian another. Both meals were top quality. House wine and drinks were top shelf also. Our only mistake was walking into Puerto Morelos one night. The food was okay, but I wish we'd just stayed at Pearl.

Liquor. The Cream Tequila (1921) and Licor 43 were too good. Kahlua & Milk, 1921, 43 all night at the Jacuzzi every night into the wee hours.

Jacuzzi sex. Enough said.

The room. They upgraded us to a Master Suite, which was wonderful. Pretty sure I could just live there. Beautiful views, great bed, tons of closet space, etc.

The Good:
The Beach. I wish it was a little flatter, it felt like I was slowly sinking down off the end of my chair every day. If we'd had a beach bed that would have been better, but Cindy wanted the flexibility to pull her chair into the sun, or back to the shade, so we stuck with chairs. The chairs could have been a little more comfortable.

The Entertainment. This was fun, entertaining, and the staff definitely went out of their way to entertain. That said, one night some performers from Cirque du Soliel came and performed. Amazing acts. Over the top entertaining. The other nights were good, Cirque was great.

Foam Party. Really, really fun. But - it took forever for the foam to get very deep. So by the time it got over our heads, we were sunburned and tired. Still not to be missed.

The Not So Great:
Seems the one complaint is the disco. Too loud, and not much variety in music. A lot of music that's not so easy to dance to. I wish they'd listen to the complaints and change it a little. It wasn't horrible, but would have been nice to have more dance-able music, not bleeding ears. It seemed to clear out quickly, and I'm guessing that's why.

Some other notes.
We opted for the Photo Shoot, and really loved it. Full on sex with your spouse while being photographed by a very attractive, fun woman. And the pictures turned out great, one of which is our avatar.

Booze Cruise. Not to be missed, in my opinion. The only thing we didn't love about it was how they almost seemed to force drinks down you. Other than that, the snorkeling was good, lunch was great, and four hours naked with a bunch of fun people was the topping. Twerking and 'helicoptering' at the gawkers passing us in other boats was pretty fun too. Great time had by all.

The Sales Spiel. They were actually very nice, not terribly pushy, and when we said no about ten times or so, they finally nicely said okay. It didn't seem to be a bad deal at the end to me, but we're in such a transition time, we couldn't make a decision like this right now. Next year maybe.

Overall, a fantastic trip. Pretty sure we'll be back. We talked about a longer trip and splitting time between Pearl and RM. Regardless, I think we'll stay for at least one more day, 5 was just too quick.
RM: May 23 - 25, 2017
Pearl: May 25 - 30, 2017
Pearl: June 2016
Kasidie: ClassicBrew
ClassicBrew

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 25 May 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl