Newbie trip report June 26 to July 1, 2016

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie trip report June 26 to July 1, 2016

Postby Morkmorkmork » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:11 am

1st timer trip report and will hit the highlights:

Cesar at dive shop. Got open water certified. Cesar was awesome. Great teacher. Very patient. Knows his stuff. Impressed. Price much better than local for me. Dives were cool too.

Food was much better than expected. Didn't get a chance for Pearl but Jade and Aphrodite very good. Flavorful and bigger portions than expected. Did not go hungry . Room service very good also.

Cleanliness is very important to us. Very impressed here. Room, facility, pool and beach. Didn't get the ickees at all. Important.

Classy was a term we used a lot. Could easily have been trashy or have that feel. A big worry for us. Well surprised here.

Jacuzzi. Took a while to build up courage. Pretty cool. Still thought about the bodily fluids thing though. By end of stay, not scared of it.

Victor was awesome at pool. Great job. And just nice.

Did the sales pitch. Decent deal by the end but don't like being locked in going forward. No high pressure to us. Guys doing their job.
I
Disco was loud. Fun for a while until repeated songs. People watching there was fun.

Shows pretty good. A little short but good. Not cheesy. Fun.

Butler Rudy went above and beyond taking care of us. Gerry was good also but Rudy solved a problem. Thank you so much.

Pool entertainment team tried hard. We hung out on that side and OK.

Room quality was better than expected. Clean, updated and cleaned well each day . Had a penthouse suite. Deck awesome view. Day and night.

Weather was nice . Rain only twice and short lived. A little cool one night with wind.

The check-out was smooth. Survey at end. Very professional.

We kept to ourselves a lot but all interaction with other people were cool. Not there to make friends just relax but people were nice. Vibe of place definitely a function of crowd. Got a little wilder as week went on. But not an issue to us. Wasn't trashy.

Very impressed with general feel and quality of resort. Much better than expected. We have been to Punta Cana and Jamaica and Bette experience here than at quality resorts at both locations.

We stayed June 26 to July 1. Really hope to go back. We are a vanilla couple looking to relax and reconnect. Mission accomplished well!
Morkmorkmork

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Newbie trip report June 26 to July 1, 2016

Postby RusLon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:17 pm

:) It's almost like reading my own review from few days ago. Same dates, by the way.
RusLon
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 26 Jun 2016

Postby Morkmorkmork » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 pm

I saw yours and said the same thing. We must have crossed paths at some time. Being newbs we kept to ourselves a lot, especially at first. Only thing bad about getting dive certified and the dives was it took away time from pool and beach. The sales guy said we were the anomaly in that we came to Desire and did lots of stuff while most people came and hung out at pool and beach during the day. For us it was like we were just getting comfortable at pool and beach and had to leave. That's for next time I guess.
Morkmorkmork

We are from: USA

Postby RusLon » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:59 am

Morkmorkmork wrote:I saw yours and said the same thing. We must have crossed paths at some time. Being newbs we kept to ourselves a lot, especially at first. Only thing bad about getting dive certified and the dives was it took away time from pool and beach. The sales guy said we were the anomaly in that we came to Desire and did lots of stuff while most people came and hung out at pool and beach during the day. For us it was like we were just getting comfortable at pool and beach and had to leave. That's for next time I guess.

Yes, same thing here, we were hanging out on the pier side of the beach most of the time. We don't do diving, unfortunately, but we went to few excursions (Chichen Itza with cenote and to the Croco farm). At the moment we don't have immediate plans to return to Desire resorts, maybe in a years or two time. For the next winter we've got 2 weeks at Sandals Jamaica booked so we need utilize that one first :)
RusLon
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 26 Jun 2016

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl