First Timer Report - Aug 2 - 6, 2016

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: First Timer Report - Aug 2 - 6, 2016

Postby Rocky&Debby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:07 am

barebuns wrote:Fabulous trip report Rocky and Debby! You captured the experience exactly. Now I don't have to write one and you can't ask for more than that :D
Seriously Liz and I really enjoyed meeting you and being able to share our visit with you was great. And I believe we did notice you enjoying that jacuzzi bed on your last day. :L
You have our email so do keep in touch.
R and L.

Thanks! You two were great. Your participation in the KIK Group made us more comfortable and prepared for our trip to Desire Pearl. We will always be grateful for that. Your willingness to engage and help us in person while we were at the resort made us love an appreciate you two even more.

Your guys should have joined us on the jacuzzi bed that last night. Ha! Now that would have gotten us out of our comfort zone for sure! Maybe next time. :lol:

Take care our wonderful Canadian friends. Hopefully we will stay in touch until we meet again.

Rocky&Debby
:CAN :US
Rocky&Debby
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Aug 2017

Postby marklu » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:27 pm

csalkows wrote:Dumb question, but just curious... when/where did you do your peso exchange? Do most people tip dollars or pesos?

Karen Charles

We live in Mexico and have found that the best exchange rate is obtained at an ATM. You have to check wiyh your bank to see if there is a foreign transaction fee. My last ATM transaction yielde an exchage rate of 18.4 pesos to the USD.
marklu
Desire Devotee

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 15 Aug 2021

Postby Cpl du Nord » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:31 pm

marklu wrote:
csalkows wrote:Dumb question, but just curious... when/where did you do your peso exchange? Do most people tip dollars or pesos?

Karen Charles

We live in Mexico and have found that the best exchange rate is obtained at an ATM. You have to check wiyh your bank to see if there is a foreign transaction fee. My last ATM transaction yielde an exchage rate of 18.4 pesos to the USD.

We always use the ATM to the left just as you walk out the sliding doors at the cancun airport. Great conversion rate and my bank only charges a few dollars fee. It gives primarily $500 notes so I then exchange for $100 notes every other day or so at the Pearl front desk. They are always more than happy to exchange smaller notes as they know it will go back to their staff.

Mr du Nord
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby kan2ca » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:52 am

:L Thank You for a GREAT post!!! :D
kan2ca
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby Workhardplayhard » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:05 pm

This is a great trip report and could not be any more on point. You only get one time around. Enjoy it. Do things you thought you'd never do!!
Workhardplayhard
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl