If I Knew Then What I Know Now: Tips from the 2nd Trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

If I Knew Then What I Know Now: Tips from the 2nd Trip

Postby rykerw1701 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:50 am

Two years ago I did a trip report that recently resurfaced here and was posted by somebody on Travelocity, so I thought since the format seemed to work, I’d do a follow up second act for a follow up second trip. Here then are 10 (or so) tips for those returning to Pearl, and most of them apply to newbies as well.

Don’t expect to have the same experience again. It will be wonderful, but not the same. You’ll discover new things you didn’t do or weren’t there before, you’ll meet new people and the resort vibe will feel different. So don’t try to have the same trip you did before, instead have an all new time of your life.

But the more things change, the more they remain the same. Having just said not to expect the same trip, you can look for a wonderful, personable hard working Desire staff, beautiful property and a sexy, fun atmosphere that will keep most everyone in a very good mood all the time.

Try to book around the takeovers. The groups that do takeovers are likely comprised of nice, fun people looking for the atmosphere Pearl offers, just like you. But they’re going to be basically a big clique, so they are more concerned with socializing among themselves than meeting outsiders. That’s why they’re booking a sizable block of the resort. They’ll set the tone for the place while there by nature of the number of them and the deal they made.

One of the best kept secrets at Pearl is the Spa. You don’t even have to get a message to take advantage of the spa, and using it doesn’t cost any more. There’s a sauna, and hot tub and cold tub for afterwards all right there in a very relaxing and sensual environment.

Periodically there are massage classes set up in the night club during the afternoon. These classes are beyond sexy and fun, and you even learn a little bit about how to give a good massage.

Try to go to dinner with other people. Even though you’re likely there for each other, dinner with other couples or groups is always fun. Everyone is relaxed and happy, the women all look so beautiful, everyone is wanting to converse, and there’s no dinner bill to worry about afterwards. How cool is that? Plus it’s fun to know that while you’re all sitting there in a nice restaurant not so unlike other nice restaurants any place else, you’re all going to be naked in a hot tub together shortly afterwards.

Join the online groups like Yahoo or kik. It definitely gives you a head start to know a few people even a little bit before you arrive. It doesn’t mean you can only hang with just those you’ve met online the whole time, but knowing a few other couples and perhaps having some plans arranged for dinner that first night makes getting into the groove of the resort easier.

A side trip to the Walmart on the way is probably worth the extra 20 minutes it takes. The gentlemen can pick up a little “Vitamin V or C” (wink,wink) without a prescription for a reasonable cost, which can lead to a few more extra special moments later on. You can also get pretty much anything else a small Walmart would have if there’s something you forgot or didn’t want to bring.

There’s an area in the lobby with some jewelry that looks very pretty. Don’t bother. It breaks easily, and isn’t worth the price. We bought two things, both broke, one while we were still at the resort (which they replaced right way, I should add).

If you’re pigment-ly challenged, get some sun or even a spray tan before you go. Last time we went, I looked like a polar bear drinking a margarita. This time I looked like a dirty polar bear drinking a margarita, but I felt better about myself.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Re: If I Knew Then What I Know Now: Tips from the 2nd Trip

Postby Takes2toTango » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks. We liked tips. I guess re: Travelocity post copying is flattery :-)
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Jul 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl