Sept 28-Oct 3 2016

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Sept 28-Oct 3 2016

Postby Sexylicious » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:12 pm

This was our first trip to Desire. We were assigned Pearl as part of a secret sale, and were not sure what to expect. We had been warned that Pearl is an "older crowd" and a lot more tame.

However, that was not our experience at all. There were TONS of young, hot, fun people (we are 34 and 40) and the excitement level was perfect. We joined the Yahoo group (and then a KIK group) and honestly that was what made our experience. We met people (virtually) in advance and that made it easier to socialize quickly once we arrived.

Here's a quick summary of the pros/cons:
Pros
  • The resort is very classy. We have heard it is nicer than RM (and also Hedo) and that was one of the things I liked about it. I got the c/o and lifestyle aspect without sacrificing some of the finer qualifies that you find in vanilla 5 star resorts.
  • The resort is small, which makes it easy to meet people and get to know everyone.
  • The staff is INCREDIBLE!!!!! The service is top notch and I have to say that is my favorite thing of all about Pearl.
  • The Jacuzzi area is the highlight. I have heard that it is WAY nicer than the one at RM. The Jacuzzi was my second favorite thing about Pearl.
  • The photoshoot. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jahel is AMAZING. We intended to buy one or two photos and instead bought 40 (at a fraction of the price I would have paid at home and for pictures I would not have got out of a regular boudoir shoot). I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH THAT YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!
Cons
  • Beach left something to be desired. Compared to the white sands and crystal waters of the immediate Cancun area, the beach at Pearl is full of seaweed, and the water was worse. This was by far my LEAST favorite thing about the resort. It might be the reason I don't go back as often, as the beach is very important to me (although I will say that the pool is very nice, and is not a bad consolation prize)
  • Food was so-so. The décor of the restaurants is nice but I found the food to be mediocre.
  • Disco-although we enjoyed ourselves at the Disco each night (we LOVE to play dress up) we found that the disco emptied out very early (perhaps because the draw to the Jacuzzi area was so great). Also the music was SO REPETITIVE. By night 5 I was predicting the playlist by memory.
  • Erotic massage-This was very disappointing. We had heard such great things. But honestly it was weird and awkward. My masseuse kept awkwardly blowing in my ear. The "touching" was aggressive and did not feel very good. My man didn't get aroused. All in all it was a disaster, but one that we salvaged on our own once they left the room. I would say that since so many people recommend this, you should try it but make sure you request specific people you have heard good things about.
Overall, we had a fantastic time in Paradise. We met some great couples that we intend to keep in touch with. It was the people that made it the most memorable.

We have discussed whether we will return, and I think we will. But we are going to try out Hedonism first, to get a comparative experience and see what suits us best. If that turns out to be Desire, then we will definitely be back!

James and Tasha
Sexylicious

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Sep 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: ITL Kasidie LL

Re: Sept 28-Oct 3 2016

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Great report, glad you guys had a fun trip, although we must admit that after chatting with you guys some on the RM Yahoo group beforehand, you seem like such a fun couple we wished the secret sale had gone the other way so you could've joined us at RM.

I fully agree that the people you meet are the best part and the catalyst for everything that follows. We had a similar experience at RM where the people we met on the Yahoo group allowed us to take a short cut and get immersed immediately, which was very nice especially since it was our first trip.

We didn't do the photoshoot but saw some photos of those who we met and the results were fantastic. Also we had the same exact concerns about the erotic massage and didn't end up doing it. Others have raved about it though, just wasn't our thing.

We also loved the theme nights, both of us dressed up each night, but it was a similar experience where it would start emptying out earlier than I would have expected except for one night when there was an organized event in there.

Would definitely be interested in hearing about your Hedo experience once you go. We apparently have no patience and once we got home quickly booked another trip for next month to RM.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby CJMT » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:04 pm

It was great meeting you guys, and you're right that it makes the week even better having other people you know. Which reminds me, I need to write out a trip report of our own! :D

Mike & Connie
CJMT
Desire Fan

Postby desireaddict » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:36 am

We have discussed whether we will return, and I think we will. But we are going to try out Hedonism first, to get a comparative experience

Be sure to come back here and let us know your thoughts on that!

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby gaviao » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:12 pm

•Erotic massage-This was very disappointing. We had heard such great things. But honestly it was weird and awkward. My masseuse kept awkwardly blowing in my ear. The "touching" was aggressive and did not feel very good. My man didn't get aroused. All in all it was a disaster, but one that we salvaged on our own once they left the room.

We had a very disappointing experience with a sensual massage. We don't understand how can they give so bad service, without the minimal interest in what they are doing.
Fortunately, days later my wife took 2 excellent massages with Manuel, who sadly doesn't work at Desire anymore.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Takes2toTango » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Nice talking to you guys, we are sorry didn't get more of a chance to talk.
Thanks for the trip report. Can't argue with any of it!!!
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Asiancaucasion » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:10 am

Agreed wig boat of the report as we where there during the same time. Was ok with the disco emptying early since the party ended up being at the jacuzzi. No need to say anymore. And as stated- it's all about the people. Already looking to book trip number 3.
Asiancaucasion
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2016

Postby goldfish1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:03 pm

Asiancaucasion wrote:Agreed wig boat of the report as we where there during the same time. Was ok with the disco emptying early since the party ended up being at the jacuzzi. No need to say anymore. And as stated- it's all about the people. Already looking to book trip number 3.

you guys better let us know when you are rebooking!
-ken and mel
goldfish1
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 21 Oct 2017

Postby Darin & Melissa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:46 pm

It was great meeting you guys, you are a great couple. We are planning a trip back Feb 8-12, you guys should try to come then. :D

Melissa & Darin
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl