Newbie Review - October 2016

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Review - October 2016

Postby Marinersfan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi, guys! I read these forums obsessively before going to Pearl earlier this month. It was our 25th anniversary and we wanted to do something new and different, something sexy. We are not in the lifestyle and have NEVER been naked in public before! My husband found this and I agreed to try. He understood that I *might* go topless and probably wouldn't go the full Monty. I am a full-figured, zaftig, Reubenesque, fluffy, plus-size, plump BBW (big, beautiful woman). I was so scared I would be surrounded by supermodel-type bodies and people would be looking down at me. I mean, come on! Have you seen the avatars people use?? And when a previous poster asked if those were real pictures, not models, everyone said yes! I was waaaaay intimidated.

WELL, what a vacation! By far, BEST. VACATION. EVER!!!! The resort is beautiful. They must import staff to have so many nice people in one place. Seriously, the staff is amazing. Such warm and nice people. Yes, I realize they get paid to be nice to me, but you can always tell the difference between "I'm sucking up because I have to" and "I'm just a really nice person". Everyone from the bellman that greeted us, to the front desk, to the housekeepers, pool staff, bartenders, waiters, spa personnel, and especially the entertainment staff (Carlos, Marco, Bella, Kia and Emily) were just wonderful.

I shocked the hell out of my husband. I was topless within 35 seconds of being at the pool and was nekked by the afternoon of the second day. Everybody there was so nice and it was not as weird as I thought it would be to talk to other nekked people. :lol: People are too busy enjoying their own vacation and having their own fun to care what your body looks like. And it is seriously so much more comfortable than sitting around in wet swim wear! If you told me a month ago I would be walking from my room to the pool in my birthday suit, sunglasses and a smile, I would have thought you were smokin' something. But, I did, and it was awesome!

We met so many nice people. I've never had a vacation where I talked to so many people! At regular (textile, vanilla) resorts with 1000 rooms you might never talk to a single person other than "have a good day" in the elevator. We exchanged emails so we could keep in touch with people we now consider friends. Amazing experience! Nobody made us uncomfortable. Actually, didn't see a ton of crazy monkey sex at the hot tub. A few interesting things, but nothing like some of the posts I've read describing orgies and such. :shock: Of course, we only went to the hot tub 2 or 3 times after the disco, which, by the way, was super fun. The shows were great. The music was good. And my husband actually danced with me (a very rare occurrence), so it was a bonus (I love to dance. Him? Not so much)!! We totally got into the theme nights and had so much fun with sexy costumes. I found that I love bustiers and corsets. And so does the hubby (on me, not on him). :D

I thought this would be a cross-this-off-my-bucket-list, one time, yep-I-did-it thing. It ended up being a super sexy, relaxing, rekindle-the-boom-chicka-wah-wah thing. We are already planning a trip back in March!! Other newbies, take heart. It is amazing!!

Mrs & Mr Marinersfan
Marinersfan
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Re: Newbie Review - October 2016

Postby CokeMann » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:59 pm

:L :L
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby sonomapair » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Wow...great post! So glad you had a wonderful time. We're newbies to Desire later this year but have some experience in the Lifestyle and a few visits to nude beaches. We're not very nervous, because we know we can make what we want to of the week, but very excited. Posts like yours just add to the excitement! Cheers to you!
No longer Desire rookies! Second trip planned for 11/11/17 with Wegottathing and their podcaster and listener friends!!
sonomapair
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:30 pm

:L Awesome - I love reading reports like this. As my wife said in another post:

I will say that I was extremely nervous going to Desire due to body issues because of society's views of curvy women. I have always been happy and confident with my curves, I love them in fact but I was still nervous. One of my main goals by going to Desire was to address these body issues. Let me tell you when I left that resort I felt so sexy, it was a huge ego boost. I think every woman with an open mind should go to Desire to experience the positive vibe and non-judgmental attitude the majority of people have there. I have accepted that I my not fit into a conventional mold but I don't care. I think I look good and so does my husband and that's all that is important to me.

The best thing you can do is be confident and happy, those are truly the sexiest things in the world for both men and women.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby TandD » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Great report!

Isn't it weird though you did this...
Marinersfan wrote:I read these forums obsessively before going to Pearl earlier this month.

And all those posts (probably) said "Everyone is so nice", "People don't judge", "There are all body types". But, there was still this...

I was so scared I would be surrounded by supermodel-type bodies and people would be looking down at me.

But then

WELL, what a vacation! By far, BEST. VACATION. EVER!!!!

There's something in us that says "Yeah, *those* people might be able to take their clothes off in front of others but I don't think it's going to be that easy for *me*". We just don't believe all these glowing reviews can possibly be the real thing. Yet, time after time, people post these reviews that say "Yes it really can".

I think there's no way to get past the fact that you just have to see for yourselves. Great reviews like this one can help nudge people to pull the trigger to come but you really don't believe it can be this way until you experience it for yourself.

No real point to make other than, yeah noobs, try it!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:30 pm

TandD wrote:There's something in us that says "Yeah, *those* people might be able to take their clothes off in front of others but I don't think it's going to be that easy for *me*". We just don't believe all these glowing reviews can possibly be the real thing. Yet, time after time, people post these reviews that say "Yes it really can".

I think there's no way to get past the fact that you just have to see for yourselves. Great reviews like this one can help nudge people to pull the trigger to come but you really don't believe it can be this way until you experience it for yourself.

No real point to make other than, yeah noobs, try it!

Indeed, that's how it was for us - we were as prepared as one can be, yet there is no substitute for actually experiencing it first hand, seeing for yourself that it is actually true. And we wouldn't have changed a thing, was truly one of those rare "amazing revelation" type of moments. Also I really didn't anticipate how quickly it would become second nature, way quicker than I would've imagined.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby miranda2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Marinersfan wrote:We met so many nice people. I've never had a vacation where I talked to so many people! At regular (textile, vanilla) resorts with 1000 rooms you might never talk to a single person other than "have a good day" in the elevator. We exchanged emails so we could keep in touch with people we now consider friends. Amazing experience! Nobody made us uncomfortable.
Mrs & Mr Marinersfan

This is just what hubby and I were just talking about today! We, too, have never (in all our many trips to both Desire resorts )met and talked to so many friendly, nice, fun people at any other all inclusive (textile / vanilla) resort we have been to.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby SensualCouple55 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 pm

"It ended up being a super sexy, relaxing, rekindle-the-boom-chicka-wah-wah thing. We are already planning a trip back in March!! Other newbies, take heart. It is amazing!!"

Love the chicka-wah-wah thing. But your story was our story in April. Going back in February. Can't wait and hope to get in some good chicka-wah-wah-wow-wow!

B & J
:US
SensualCouple55
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 29 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby miranda2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Marinersfan wrote:It ended up being a super sexy, relaxing, rekindle-the-boom-chicka-wah-wah thing!!

We have been to both Desire Resorts multiple times and the same thing happens to us every time, even after 37 years of marriage. :L
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby Marinersfan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Explorer79 wrote::L Awesome - I love reading reports like this. As my wife said in another post:

I will say that I was extremely nervous going to Desire due to body issues because of society's views of curvy women. I have always been happy and confident with my curves, I love them in fact but I was still nervous. One of my main goals by going to Desire was to address these body issues. Let me tell you when I left that resort I felt so sexy, it was a huge ego boost. I think every woman with an open mind should go to Desire to experience the positive vibe and non-judgmental attitude the majority of people have there. I have accepted that I my not fit into a conventional mold but I don't care. I think I look good and so does my husband and that's all that is important to me.

The best thing you can do is be confident and happy, those are truly the sexiest things in the world for both men and women.

:L Your wife is a very wise woman. Never forget that! :lol:
Marinersfan
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 07 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:07 pm

Marinersfan wrote: :L Your wife is a very wise woman. Never forget that! :lol:

How could I when it is demonstrated every day ;)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Hotswings » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Most excellent.

:L
Hotswings
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Jul 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P, SDC, SLS, LL

Postby mlynpeters » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 pm

What a great and encouraging review !! We too are newbies arriving Sunday & we like you have been married a long time. never been naked in public, and I too am a bit "thick". So you've helped make me more at ease ! What Fun!!!!
mlynpeters
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Mar 2018

Postby New-to-co » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:48 am

Great review. We had our first trip this July and experienced the same things as you. We are going back this January and hopefully next July as well. We tell our friends about our trip and they think we are crazy but they have no idea what they're missing out on by not trying Pearl.
New-to-co
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby Takes2toTango » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:53 am

Hotswings wrote:Most excellent.

:L

Summed it up. Thanks to OP for sharing !!
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 15 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl