First Time Trip Report: 1/20-1/23, 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Time Trip Report: 1/20-1/23, 2017

Postby artiqlate1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:24 pm

We just returned from an amazing 3 nights at Desire Pearl. It was my first time, although my boyfriend had been there once before. We arrived on Friday evening at around 6 p.m. As soon as we entered the lobby doors, we noticed a pleasant scent, something that we had not smelled before, but that we quickly began to associate with the resort. We both remarked that we wish that they sold that scent in the gift shop because we would have purchased it to bring a little bit of the resort back home with us!!

The check-in process was easy, as I had already checked in online prior to our trip. Upon check-in, we were delighted to find out that our room had been upgraded from an Ocean View to a Master Suite (originally, we were supposed to have been in an Ocean View the first night, a Master Suite the second, and back to an Ocean View the third. Not only were we happy to be able to stay in one room the entire trip, rather than have to flip flop back and forth, but we were very impressed with the size and amenities of the Master Suite). We were provided with a celebratory glass of champagne and we sipped on that as we made our way to our room.

Once we got to our room, my boyfriend and I changed into the robes that were provided by the resort and went down to the hot tub. As it was my first time at a clothing optional resort, my boyfriend was surprised at how comfortable I was with removing my clothing immediately. There is just something about the resort and the people that make you feel comfortable in your own skin. We ordered a margarita and chatted with some of the couples in the hot tub. At that time, one of the couples ordered a kamikaze shot for all of us and we did that together. My boyfriend and I ordered a second margarita and decided to go back to our room to change for dinner.

This is the part of the story where things took a bad turn, but I don't want that to be the focus of this trip report, because it was the only thing that went wrong while we were there. To make a long story short, I don't remember anything once we got back to the room, and my boyfriend had to fill me in on the details the next morning. I suddenly became violently ill and vomited uncontrollably. My boyfriend became extremely worried and contacted a manager at the front desk for assistance. The manager called a doctor to take my vital signs. Because of the severity of what was going on, the doctor wanted to rule out the possibility of someone putting something into my drink. Although he did not do a blood test, the doctor seemed confident that my symptoms were not consistent with those of someone who has been drugged. He felt that I may have had a bad reaction to the ice that was in the margaritas, combined with the fact that we had flown all day (rapid change in altitude), I am very petite---5'4" and 101 lbs, and I had very little food in my stomach. I included this story in my report, to highlight the fact that the manager of the resort did a fabulous job of assisting in this situation. He brought food back to the room for my boyfriend, since he had missed dinner, and stayed outside the door to our room the entire time to make sure that I was ok. (because I was ill, I missed out on the theme night, which was animal print).

Skip ahead to the next morning (Saturday), our first full day at the resort. My boyfriend and I woke up as the sun was coming up and had some spicy couple time on the beach before anyone else was awake. (**note, I was not hung over at all, which made us feel that whatever had happened to me the night before definitely was not from the alcohol. We will never know for sure what happened, but just focused on how grateful we were that I was ok). After that, we went back to our room and had more intimate time on the bed on our patio. We spent a relaxing morning together and then went to the restaurant for a late breakfast (the buffet was delicious and we also ordered the chilquiles off of the menu--highly recommended). We then ventured to the pool, where we stripped down and socialized and drank. We thoroughly enjoyed the foam party. It was a blast! We stayed in the pool all day and then went to the hot tub once it started to get a little cooler. We enjoyed more social time with the couples we had met throughout the day. Once it got dark, my boyfriend and I made our way to one of the beds at the side of the hot tub and enjoyed public sexual activity :)

We went back to our room to shower and change for dinner. We hadn't made reservations, but were easily accommodated at the Gastro Pub (I think we arrived at around 9:00 p.m.) We had received 2 invitations to join other couples for dinner, but we declined in favor of a romantic dinner, just the two of us. The food was outstanding. We enjoyed sampling and sharing a variety of appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Once dinner was over, we went back to our room to change for theme night (White Night). I wore sexy white lingerie and my boyfriend wore a white shirt and shorts. We went to the disco and watched the show (a variety of dancers and acrobats)---a very talented cast. We opted out of dancing after the show and instead, went back to the hot tub. We stayed there until around 2 a.m. and then went back to our room.

Day 2 (Sunday), was similar to day 1, except that we spent our time after breakfast in a bed on the beach, rather than at the pool. We did go to the pool later that afternoon and then attended a session on female ejaculation/squirting, which was interesting. After that, it was more hot tub time, then back to the room to shower and change for dinner. We opted for the Gastro Pub again (once again, no reservations). We didn't try out the other restaurants while we were there because my boyfriend did not bring close toed shoes or long pants. After dinner, we went back to the club to watch the entertainment (Havana Nights dancers), danced a little ourselves, and then late night hot tub. By the end of the evening, my boyfriend convinced me to do body shots on the bar with another beautiful woman. **Note: although we drank consistently throughout the day/night, I never felt drunk--it is our opinion that the drinks are watered down, probably with good reason!!

Day 3 (Monday): We woke up, showered and packed. Then we had our last breakfast at the resort. After that, we went down to the beach to take a few photos (our first photos of the trip!), and then took our shuttle back to the airport. We were both so sad to leave, and we definitely want to return.

**My boyfriend and I are not in the lifestyle, but we had fun dipping our toes in while we were at the resort. Everyone made us feel so comfortable, and not pressured at all. It was sexy to be naked around other people and we did kiss and touch other people while we were there. The whole experience brought my boyfriend and me closer together. I cannot say enough good things about the mental and physical benefits about this experience. Thank you to all of the friends we made during our visit. Hope to see you all again in the future :)

C and T
artiqlate1
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Jan 2017

Re: First Time Trip Report: 1/20-1/23, 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Nice report sounds like yet another Desire success story :L

Have you booked the second trip yet ;) After our first trip we ended up booking the day we got back, it was the only way to avoid PDSD (post desire sadness disorder)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby New-to-co » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Excellent report and very nice to meet you as well. L and I are glad that you had a grea trip other than the first night. Take care. We'll talk again soon
New-to-co
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby artiqlate1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Explorer79 wrote:Nice report sounds like yet another Desire success story :L

Have you booked the second trip yet ;) After our first trip we ended up booking the day we got back, it was the only way to avoid PDSD (post desire sadness disorder)

I would go back again tomorrow if I could. I am definitely experiencing the post vacation blues. We haven't booked our next trip, but we are definitely going back!
artiqlate1
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 20 Jan 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:59 am

artiqlate1 wrote:I would go back again tomorrow if I could. I am definitely experiencing the post vacation blues. We haven't booked our next trip, but we are definitely going back!

We always to go another resort after Desire for a few days, I don't think I could go from Desire straight back to reality,
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Sonya1433 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:21 pm

I thought I read more replies to this post earlier today. There were several references to the strange illness problem and they all seem gone. We just returned today from The Pearl and experienced the same strange but serious illness. We are strong supporters of Desire but this visit did have a major illness as described earlier.
To let something like this go unreported and not followed up on would be very dangerous.
S&H
Sonya1433
Desire Fan

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl