First time trip Feb. 23-28 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First time trip Feb. 23-28 2017

Postby fernandina » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:33 am

The comments and reports on this forum were incredibly helpful to my wife and I before we took our first trip to Pearl a few weeks ago so I decided to post my report so that it may help other couples out.

We arrived at Pearl around 2:00 on Thursday and by the time we finished checking in the room was ready. We had a Master Suite overlooking the Jacuzzi which was awesome. The room was huge with two full baths and a separate living area. The mini fridge was stocked with our favorite sodas and water. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the couch and bench as well. The housekeepers were awesome and kept our room very clean and tidy.

We quickly made our way to the pool and found a couple of chairs available and were quickly naked. Most people were completely nude with a few of the women having their bottoms on. As other people have said, there are people of all shapes and sizes but the majority of them are in really good shape. The average age of people the 5 nights we were there was between 40 & 45. There were a few in their late 20's, early 30's and a few in their 60's but I think the average was 40.(my wife is 44 & I'm 46).

We are not in the lifestyle but felt absolutely no pressure from those that were in the lifestyle. I would say that there was around 25% of the couples there were in the lifestyle. Although we are not swingers, we had great conversations with some that were and they were just as friendly as anybody else that was there.

Around 4 every afternoon the pool emptied out and everybody headed to the jacuzzi which had an awesome swim up bar. Yes, there were couples having sex in the jacuzzi and the beds surrounding it from that time everyday until the wee hours of the night. My wife and I had never been around anything like that but it didn't bother us. If you didn't want to see that, then just don't look. There were plenty of great conversations going on that could keep you entertained. I would say that every afternoon, there was around 40 or 50 people in the jacuzzi with lots of friendships made. Usually the jacuzzi started emptying out around 6 for everybody to nap(like us) or to get ready for supper.

The food was awesome at all of the places we ate. One night we upgraded in Pearl to get lobster and steak. They brought me two of the biggest lobster tails that I have ever seen, so big that I couldn't eat both of them. For only $35 more, it was well worth it.

The bartenders at all of the bars were incredible. They quickly learned what our favorite drinks were and usually gave them to us without asking. We were never thirsty, even when we were on the beach or in chairs around the pool because they had people coming around to take your orders.

The shows that they put on each night in the lobby and in the disco were terrific, much much better that at other resorts we have stayed at. The theme nights were a huge hit for us. We took outfits for each night & I would ask that the guys make an effort to dress up also. The ladies enjoy looking too. One tip is to be at the door to the disco when they open the doors at 10:30 to get a good seat for the show that they do as soon as they open up. Ladies, don't worry about your outfits being to risque, there is no such thing at Desire.

There was a lot of comments on the sin room that we read before our trip. I saw people in the sin room almost every night and it was tastefully done. Its in the corner of the nightclub so you have to be looking for it if you want to check it out. We went in there one night when it was packed and I enjoyed it a lot more that my wife. We didn't stay long and left for the jacuzzi.

I had a deep tissue massage one day and it was great. I would recommend it also.

My wife took a pole dance lesson and loved it.

The entertainment staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and involved. Our favorites were Cayla, Mia, & Edo. We tipped them extra good because they work their butts off.

Tips for first timers:
Take a Yeti or similar mug to keep drinks cold.
Take a float for the pool.
Tipping- take lots of 5's and 10's. Nobody that works there was rude(like some other resorts we have been to). They all work extremely hard and deserve whatever you want to give them. I felt guilty some when I forgot to take tip money with me because it is the best service that we have ever received. Everybody that worked there was incredibly nice and really wanted to make sure you were happy.
Drink plenty of water. Seems like a simple thing to do, but its easy to forget to do and it helps to keep you ready to party
Make sure to tip the pool/towel guy well(we did $10 per day) to get the preferred seating around the pool.(they will also blow up your raft for you)

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and we will be happy to answer them to the best of our ability. We have already planned our next trip for this fall. If you go, you will fall in love with it.
fernandina

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Feb 2017

Re: First time trip Feb. 23-28 2017

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks for the report. Always great to read about someone's first time there. My lady and I will hopefully be taking our first trip early next year, and absorbing as much info as possible ahead of time seems like a must do.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Re: First time trip Feb. 23-28 2017

Postby red88vette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks for an informative trip report. It hit all our concern buttons. Looking forward to our trip in May. :L
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl