March 2017 - Best vacation ever

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

March 2017 - Best vacation ever

Postby Midwesterner » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

We just got back from a week a Pearl and have to say that of all of the places we have been, and all of the different types of resorts we have been to, this was our favorite of all.

Just a bit of context - we are in our mid 50s, not in the Lifestyle, and our only previous clothing optional vacation was RM last March. We are also average- weight, height, etc.

Won't say much about the trip to the resort other than as we were riding through Puerto Morales we wondered where the heck we were going. But just out side of town, you quickly enter a really dense, unpopulated area, and then Pearl appears. The entrance is nice, and the immediate attention you get from the staff really sets the mood and expectation that you will be well taken care of, if not pampered. The Heart felt "welcome home" greeting is a nice touch.

Check in was really fast, and even though we arrived early, our room was already waiting on us. Our butler (Geraldo) took us to our room and gave us a quick run-down of the resort, and really seemed to go out of his way to make us feel comfortable.

Our room was just an Deluxe Ocean View, but was fantastic. Top floor, outstanding view, much nicer than Temptation or RM by a long shot, and even though we don't spend much time in our room, it was nice to have a really nice clean, well furnished room.

First impression of the pool area was, WOW! We saw all of the pictures on line and knew it was big, but it was so well laid out and clean that we were pleasantly surprised. One of the great things was the elbow room. Our brief trip to RM last March wasn't great, and one of the reasons was that the pool area felt really crowded. Victor immediately hooked us up with some great chairs by the Party end of the pool, and made sure we had those same chairs all week long. No pool chair games, no rushing down in the wee hours to reserve a chair, no getting stuck in a remote corner, just the location and view we wanted for the whole week.

Now the nudity. Our first experience in a clothing optional resort was RM, and while I did get fully nude at some point in RM, it was only while in the pool, jacuzzi or on the pool chair. For my wife, she never felt comfortable at RM. I
At Pearl, dropped trow within the first 15 minutes and felt comfortable walking around that way just about everywhere. My wife wasn't quite as liberal, but was topless just about everywhere, which is a huge leap for her. One of the reasons for out comfort was the other guests. At Temptation usually about 50% of the women get topless at some point, at our brief stay at RM, most women were topless but only about 50% were nude, and only about 15-20% of the men were. At Pearl, 95% of the men were nude, 99% of the women were topless, and 80% of the women were bottomless. None of the women who kept their bottoms on stood out, no one pressured them, and no one really even seemed to notice one way or the other. Very refreshing and comfortable.

The jacuzzi is another area that was not great for us at RM, but was fantastic at Pearl. Again, part of it was elbow room. We could mix and mingle as much as we wanted, but when we wanted to get away from the crowd, we could just move to a quite corner and feel like we had some space for ourselves. Again, we aren't into the Lifestyle, but we aren't judgmental and it was nice to see that everyone seemed to mix and mingle without forming clicks, and certainly with out any pressure one way or the other.

Only a few restaurant choices, but they are all fantastic. The food is fantastic and the service is even better. One memorable moment was our first visit to Unik. Somehow our reservation got screwed up, but The manager (Hugo) took care of us. After dinner we wanted to make another reservation for a couple days later, but they only book a day ahead. No big deal because we could let our butler handle it, but after we left the restaurant, Hugo literally chases us down and wanted to help us. He insisted that he would make sure we had a reservation when we wanted it, regardless of the rules.

The butler service is also great. Gerry (Geraldo) was really great. The first day we asked for a bottle of wine in our room, and a bottle showed up every night after that with out asking. Same thing with some cheese and crackers to go with the wine, or even the fruit basket. Whatever we wanted, Gerry took care of it.

So now the not so great. The pool side entertainment and even the evening shows are pretty tame. Even the entertainment at Temptation is more risqué. I kinda od understand the pool side entertainment being limited because with a smaller, tamer crowd, they would really struggle to get participants, but still, a little naughty fun would have been nice. In the evenings the live bands were great, but the evening shows were milder than Temptation, and didn't hold a candle to RM for hotness. I will say that some of the shows were well done, and some of the performers very talented, but expected hotter in a resort that actually allows nudity.

Not sure what else to say other than after RM, we were skeptical that we would like Pearl, but after just a few days, let alone a whole week, Pearl became our favorite place on earth and we can't wait to go back.
Midwesterner

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: March 2017 - Best vacation ever

Postby Darin & Melissa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Great trip report. I do LOVE the butler service and utilize it everytime we go for the wine and cheese tray, it is awesome to have in the room while getting ready for dinner. I completely agree with RM's pool and Jacuzzi being too small, also another thing we like about Pearl is that the Jacuzzi and disco are on the ground floor and you don't have to navigate 3 flights of stair while completely drunk.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl