Let ‘er rip tater chip! Second Trip to Pearl - April 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Let ‘er rip tater chip! Second Trip to Pearl - April 2017

Postby Dogma » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:46 pm

We just got back from the most amazing trip at the most amazing place. This was our second trip, April 13-17. USA Transfers great as always!

FOOD: Pearl was always excellent, the new gastro pub had such a wonderful ambiance and the set up is amazing, the breakfast and lunches at Aphrodite were superb just like our last visit. We went on another trip to a high end all-inclusive last year and the food there was of poor quality compared to Pearl. We especially liked the specialty lunches they served. One day they had a seafood buffet on the beach where they grilled fish and shrimp right there. It was delicious.

DISCO SHOWS: we only made it to a couple of them. We were tired on our travel day and the last night we couldnt stay up very late due to an unfortunate 4a.m. pick up time to catch our flight home. But the shows we saw: the acrobatic show and the dance show, were amazing. The pre-disco shows in the lobby were also very entertaining and we saw all of them and they all had terrific performers and music. We like the shows at Pearl and think they are very high quality, intimate and appropriate for any audience.

THEME NIGHTS: Participation was high. Especially on Easter with the playboy bunnies hopping around everywhere. We participated in white affair night and sexy safari (animal print). It was so much fun. We didn’t get too crazy just a sexy dress going with the theme and Mr. Dogma dressed as sexy as I could with the theme.

ENTERTAINMENT AND OTHER STAFF: WOW! They work so hard and for such long hours it is truly unbelievable. The Entertainment staff Charlie, Kayla, Mia, Kia Edu. If I got a name wrong I apologize, works from sun up to well after sun down. For example, Kia worked the foam party (dancing literally the whole time), worked all day with activities at the pool, danced at the lobby party and then did an amazing acrobat show in the disco, probably went to bed at 1a.m. and was back leading a yoga class then next morning and going strong all day that day as well. The energy they all have is truly incredible and they are all smiles while doing it. Leave them a nice tip at the front desk as you check out of the resort. They dont get the tips that other resort employees do. The rest of the staff were amazing also, Javier, Ricardo, Fabiola, Victor, etc. and just to name a few, always doing more than necessary and so graciously.

SATURDAY FOAM PARTY: Was a blast! It didnt get as wild as we thought it would, just a huge foamy party. There were moments though. Some 40 something guy was doing a jello shot out of (not off of, out of) the rear end of a gorgeous 20 something lady, he appeared to take his time as one would not want to waste a jello shot. How inappropriate. Oh wait, I forgot, that guy was me! (and I had her and her husband’s permission of course, her husband suggested it). When finished I turned around and my wife was standing right behind me. I thought she was in the foam at the time, not that that would have dissuaded me from the task at hand. She just smiled.

HOTTUB: was such fun. Most times it was like a classy cocktail party except with sexy naked people. Then sometimes it got hot and not just the water temperature! During the afternoon we “saw “ some very sexy things and then it got really hot in the wee hours of the morning. I decline to elaborate but we have some special memories.

THE GUESTS: All were great and like every other day at Desire, there were all types of bodies. All the women at Pearl are beautiful and have appreciable qualities to their appearance and add the confidence and personality for them to be there in the first place makes all the women pretty great. However, our last few days I can tell you there were a large collection of some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in one place, by anyone's definition. Definitely the guests are the best part of Desire. I know it is cliche' but it is true. We met some really interesting people and made some friends. Thank you P and J from Jersey, M and S from TN, and the lovely English couple at the afternoon hottub on Easter Sunday! The interesting people we met were a big part of what made our trip so memorable. We had such a nice time talking to everybody and flirting here and there. The difference between Desire and other regular resorts has nothing to do with sexy atmosphere. It has everything to do with the mindset of the people being comfortable with who they are. The lack of clothes does probably help us shed our protective layer of pretense and bullshit and be ourselves. That is why it is easy to make friends here because they are open about themselves right away and not guarded. If you say hi to someone at Desire they are happy to talk to you. If you say hi to someone at a regular resort they look at you like you have a third eye wondering what you want from them.

GROWERS V. SHOWERS: No one told me that the theme during our trip was "unusually large penises". If it wasnt it sure seemed that way. I am very comfortable with what I have going on but I am just more of a grower than a shower. For a few days, the showers were in the majority.

COMPLAINT: I literally only have one complaint and it might not seem like a big deal, but I wish they would put something down on the concrete as you get in and out of the pool by the Entertainment Staff area. That particular slab of concrete is incredibly slippery while the concrete on either side of it is fine to walk on with wet feet. I slipped and others slipped all week. You had to be very conscious of it or you can get hurt. As soon as I felt myself slip the first time out of the pool, I remembered that it was noticeably bad on our first trip as well.

SUMMARY: We were newbies two years ago and I think I spent too much time thinking about making sure she was comfortable and not giving her enough credit for being the confident, strong, secure, classy woman that she is. We had a blast the first time as well but this trip, was let ‘er rip tater chip! If you are thinking about going for the first time, do it. As long as you are secure with each other, you will love it. It is the best vacation you can possibly have regardless of your sexual proclivities. You get out of that box we all pretend live in and be yourself. You have the option of making it any kind of vacation you want it to be. You can hang at the quiet end of the pool all day or the beach and have your relaxing Mexico vacation with great food and dinners and service at a beautiful resort. Then if you want to take it up a notch, head to the hottub before dinner and go to the disco for the show. If you want to notch it up from there, stay at the disco and watch the ladies party then head to the hottub. There is no requirement and you can customize your vacation to what you came for and are comfortable with. Usually when we come back from vacation we start feeling stressed again as soon as we arrive at our town from the airport. Shoulders get tense and heads ache thinking about all the things we need to get done at work, with the kids, etc. Not this time and we both noticed it and talked about it and we are both still relaxed. God bless the people that make Desire what it is. If you let it, it will change your life forever and for the better.
Kasidie: western
TTR January '15
Desire July 14-18 2015
Desire secret sale April 13-18, 2017
Dogma
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Aff and SV

Re: Let ‘er rip tater chip! Second Trip to Pearl - April 201

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Great report. Glad you guys had an amazing trip. Sorry about the 4:00 am pick up to go home. That would definitely be a Downer.
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby vacouple » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Great review. Did I see in one of your prior posts that you purchased this through the secret sale? If so do you mind me asking what type of room you ended up with?
M & K
SLS & Kik as fvacouple
vacouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 24 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby Dogma » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:24 pm

vacouple wrote:Great review. Did I see in one of your prior posts that you purchased this through the secret sale? If so do you mind me asking what type of room you ended up with?

Standard first floor room. We did request that building and a first floor room during early check in and they accomodated us nicely in that regard. We dont really need anything more than the standard room anyway. An upgrade would be nice of course but we were loving it.
Kasidie: western
TTR January '15
Desire July 14-18 2015
Desire secret sale April 13-18, 2017
Dogma
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Aff and SV

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

If you say hi to someone at Desire they are happy to talk to you. If you say hi to someone at a regular resort they look at you like you have a third eye wondering what you want from them.

Pretty much sums it up. Last time we stayed a night at Breathless before Desire and experienced exactly this phenomenon.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Wwcouple » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Thanks for a great detailed trip report. Glad you had a great time, and looking forward to our second visit in May. Like you, our first trip was full of nervousness and uncertainty, so I'm hopeful we will feel more comfortable and relaxed this time around. Hope to participate more than we did first time around. I hope we will return and be able to write an awesome report from a great vacation just like you. Thanks again!

:US
Wwcouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby Cpl du Nord » Wed May 03, 2017 6:42 pm

COMPLAINT: I literally only have one complaint and it might not seem like a big deal, but I wish they would put something down on the concrete as you get in and out of the pool by the Entertainment Staff area. That particular slab of concrete is incredibly slippery while the concrete on either side of it is fine to walk on with wet feet. I slipped and others slipped all week. You had to be very conscious of it or you can get hurt. As soon as I felt myself slip the first time out of the pool, I remembered that it was noticeably bad on our first trip as well.

Could not agree more. We have given them this feedback. When we were there in November, my husband slipped and hit his head in that same spot. Security called a doctor to come from Cancun, and luckily he walked away with only a few stitches. Considering how careful they are about everything, and how many similar incidents have occurred in that spot, it is very surprising that they have not yet done anything about this.

Glad you had a(nother) great trip!
Cheers - j&d
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl