Newbie trip review 4/29-5/6, 2017 --it's a long one :)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie trip review 4/29-5/6, 2017 --it's a long one :)

Postby dsub69 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I was actually asked that a couple of times on our trip how did we end up at Desire? My husband and I are not in the lifestyle, although we learned a lot while we were deciding whether to go. I used to describe myself as a closet exhibitionist. I am a rule follower. So, since being naked and sexy in public is generally not allowed, I stayed firmly in the closet. When I started researching adults only resorts I added the word “nude”. I was naïve enough that I didn’t know the term ‘clothing optional’. We talked, lurked on the forum, researched and decided to book a stay at the resort. I was really nervous, even after I booked the trip. I bought sexy clothes and costumes and decided to embrace the vacation. I packed some shorts and t-shirts in case we went into town and one non-sexy dress. Everything else in my suitcase was geared toward a sexy vacation with my husband. Our success criteria were simple…reconnect after a particularly hectic work schedule and be naked outside. Anything else was gravy. All was good for me until we were actually driving to the resort. USA transfers—great! My nerves—not great. I was sick to my stomach, wondering whether I made the right decision. I knew fundamentally, this was going to either be a great week, or an abysmal failure. I began to second guess myself. We arrived at the resort and check in was a breeze. We got in around 12:30 so our room wasn’t ready. They showed us to the spa and we shed our cold weather clothes. I will admit, I changed into my swimsuit and coverup in the restroom. Yeah, I really did.

Rooms- we were on the quiet side of the resort, room 72. It was a master suite. We loved the two bathrooms, but we really didn’t need all the extra room. When we first got in the room there was a very strong scent, which actually gave me a headache. The bellman asked if we wanted it turned off and the scent dissipated.

Quiet Side vs Fun Side- We stayed on the quiet end for the first 4 days then spent time on the beach and the fun side. Technically, no sex is allowed, but we saw a couple where the man went down on his wife on one of the beach beds and then she returned the favor with a hand job on a pool float. Other than that, no obvious sex acts, but lots of kissing and touching. People tended to stay on one side of the pool or the other for the sun, so it allowed us to meet some great people. They still had the heat on in the fun side of the pool, so several afternoons, the “cool kids” came and hung out in the cooler water on the quiet side. We actually participated in water basketball and volley ball, which isn’t really our thing. But oh, my gosh, what fun! Ladies- the rules are definitely in your favor and there are no worries about a guy getting “handsy”. We played with several people we’d met earlier in the week so it was REALLY fun and I laughed the whole time. Our goalie was still a big talker, next time I’m calling you on it! Bonus, these are great aerobic work outs. Although I am getting a little too old for this, I still have a swollen knuckle from volleyball.

People- OK. If I’m honest this was the part that concerned me the most when we were planning our trip. Wow. What a waste of time (the worrying). We met great people and had more authentic and honest conversations than I ever have in my life. Most of the couples we met were in the lifestyle to some extent. While we were asked about our own lifestyle choices, no one made us feel odd or pushed their own choices on us. In fact, I had some amazing conversations with the women in these couples. Interestingly, all the couples that we spent time with had been married AT LEAST 20 years and it was obvious that they were in love with their spouses. I also heard more genuine compliments both personally and given to other people made by both women and men. We met interesting people from all over the world, but predominately US and Canada. One couple lives nearby, and we were able to exchange contact information. Looking forward to touching base with them. There were also other first time couples that were there. It was fun seeing us all come out of our shell and sharing firsts—first time talking to another naked guy, first time doing naked Zumba—and laughing with each other over it!

Friends and family- We did not tell our friends and family where we were going to be. We just told them we were going back to a resort we were at previously (El Dorado). The wi-fi was really good so we just planned Skype calls with our kiddo at home. Interestingly, there were things that I shared with people that I’d just met, that I never shared with my best friend. When we got back, I confessed to my best friend where we went. After talking with her, she is exploring her own trip. I wouldn’t have guessed that reaction. Just goes to prove that we all have things we keep hidden from others.

Food- There wasn’t a lot of talk about the food on the forum. I was very surprised with the high quality of food. Breakfast and lunch were generally buffet style, but you could order from a small menu or get some freshly made food at the areas they set up around the restaurant. I had some of the best ceviche I’ve ever had there. YUM! We had dinner at all three restaurants. The menus looked to be on a 3 or 4 night rotation. We tried things that we wouldn’t have necessarily ordered at home (isn’t that the point?) and were really pleased with the layers of flavors that abounded in the food. You really need to try each restaurant during your trip. We celebrated my husband’s 50th birthday on this trip. When the waiter remembered it from the night before and they prepared a “special” dinner for him. It was divine. He felt very well taken care of. At dinner the dress code was all over the place. Some people wore at home dinner clothes or casual clothes (Aphrodite, or as one of my new friends called it Aphrodisiac :D ). Some wore a version of the outfit for theme nights and some women wore sexy dresses/outfits. Everyone belonged. I will say that the men (especially my husband) really appreciated the women who dressed up/sexy. Since this was such a small resort, you had opportunities to interact with people during the day so they were familiar. Each night I received several compliments on my appearance.

Spa/special services- We didn’t have any of the massages or services at the Spa, but we used the sauna, steam room and spa jacuzzi. These are small but hidden gems. There is no fee to use these amenities, so use them! We did hear mixed reviews on the erotic massages from others. For those that are intimidated by some of the offerings of the resort. You are never pressured, you don’t really see anything and quite honestly, if you’re not interested, you don’t know they are available. Relax. We did have the photos done, but I’ll write on that topic separately, but let me say it was awesome!

Theme nights and the disco- First of all they got rid of tape art and replaced it with sexy nautical. There was definitely more participation on some nights than others. We were exhausted on Saturday so we didn’t do nautical. Sunday was Havana night. Show was so-so and the dress code was mixed. This seemed like a difficult one for people and varied participation. This was the night I wore the least sexy thing I brought. It was pretty conservative and interestingly, that was the night I felt the most self-conscious. Monday was burlesque. Better show, in the lobby. In general, the women dancing were really good, the guys were a little rough. High female participation with corsets of some type and men as gangsters. Tuesday was BDSM. Pretty high participation of some type with the women and kudos to the men who dressed as submissives. I prefer my men alpha, but they were great sports about it. The show was 5 male guests. Ummm….yeah, moving on. Wednesday was white night and this was by far the highest level of participation across men and women. The show was very good, but I understand the couple that did acrobatics on the pole are leaving. Thursday was uniform night. This theme night also had a high number of participants. Lots of sexy cops, nurses, docs, lifeguards and even a fireman in real turnout gear :D . The entertainment was sexy guest night. The two finalists were fun. One couple dealt with a wardrobe malfunction (her shoe actually came apart) and the other was a criminal that tried to emulate the show from the night before and slipped on top of the bar. I was very glad no one was hurt. Friday was a special theme night because it was Cinco De Mayo. It was a complete bust. There wasn’t a single Mexican Wrestler to be found (whew!). It was a hodgepodge of outfits, most women just wearing a dress or animal print and the guys in slacks. The show was quite good though, with traditional Mexican dances and a singer. I will say there was a general feeling of discontent when the women participated with costume or sexy dress and the guys would wear shorts and a t-shirt. A couple of the men actually commented to me that they felt it was disrespectful to the women. On the forums I read several reviews criticizing the music for being dated. The first few nights I would agree the base music, was older, including Saturday Night Fever and Annie Lennox, but the DJ put a dance track underneath it and it wasn’t terrible. One night (it was probably Havana night, but I don’t remember) the music was very Latin with artists like Shakira. The last couple of nights the music was more modern 2000’s and 2010’s. I didn’t pay attention to see if the DJ changed or if perhaps the music also had a theme.

Jacuzzi and beds- It appeared to be a somewhat quiet week in talking with others. We went to the Jacuzzi at least once a day. You can easily avoid the jacuzzi area if you are not interested. But we never saw a time when there weren’t people just standing around talking, some playing around the jacuzzi and some on the beds (all at the same time). I will warn newbies to be careful getting into the Jacuzzi. The step from the white area to the bottom of the Jacuzzi is a BIG one. I actually sat down every time we got in after the first time I nearly drown getting in . :D This was the area of biggest excitement for us, we used the beds a few times and played in the jacuzzi several times. Very hot for us. Guess I came out of that closet. We spent time one night with another couple and I realized it’s not just my own husband who asks questions to pry into his wife’s thoughts. It was an intriguing night. Not having any experience with anyone in the lifestyle, it caused us to creep at a snail’s pace, mostly talking and contemplating, but I have to say that I’ve had Katy Perry stuck in my head ever since. Here’s to hoping we have trips that align again.

I know this had been a really long trip report, but I really felt like I needed to pay it forward. This forum really helped us make the decision to go and it was the best vacation we’ve ever had. My general advice if you are thinking about staying at Desire, talk, talk, talk with your spouse. We had set expectations and had thought about how we’d communicate with each other (code) when we were there. Enjoy yourselves and remember that all the guys wonder how they’ll measure up and the women all come with their own body image baggage, just like you. If you managed to read this entire report, thanks! Maybe we’ll get to meet you on our next trip!
Desire Pearl 5/17, 11/17, 5/18, 11/18, 5/19, 11/19.....5/20, 11/20
dsub69
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 May 2020

Re: Newbie trip review 4/29-5/6, 2017 --it's a long one :)

Postby kattynkyle » Sun May 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Excellent report!
kattynkyle
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby Dogma » Tue May 16, 2017 8:06 am

Great Report. I assume you will be going back. Trust me, the second trip is always better than the first.
Kasidie: western
TTR January '15
Desire July 14-18 2015
Desire secret sale April 13-18, 2017
Dogma
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Aff and SV

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 pm

"The entertainment was sexy guest night. The two finalists were fun. One couple dealt with a wardrobe malfunction (her shoe actually came apart) and the other was a criminal that tried to emulate the show from the night before and slipped on top of the bar. I was very glad no one was hurt."

Thank you for great report. I just have to make one comment about the criminal slipping - that was disappearing stunt and I rehearsed it for a long time :D and walked away with small bruise :lol:
Otherwise, It was great week and we are looking forward to coming back.

The Criminal at the bar with the champagne shower
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby aubreymarie » Sun May 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Very good trip report. It was spot on for us too. We have been 3x & going again in July. Each time has been different but a blast. You are right on room size...bigger not better. We we not in it much anyway. Sex at the jacuzzi is much more fun! We loved the food & can not wait to be pampered again. The ceviche is the best & I am not crazy about seafood. The staff goes out of its way to please you. I'm glad you guys had fun and took a chance. Our first night we were scared to leave the room. I remember looking out from our balcony giggling at the naked men. :lol: We have made some awesome friends that we keep on touch with on our regular Facebook page. You meet the most authentic loving couples on this trip and it is wonderful.
:US
Jon & Heather
aubreymarie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 19 Oct 2019

Postby MarkK » Mon May 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Great report! Thank you.
MarkK

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl