Newbie Trip report, Desire Pearl, May 13 – 18th, 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Trip report, Desire Pearl, May 13 – 18th, 2017

Postby red88vette » Sat May 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Overview – We fell in love with the Couples Sans Souci experience over the past year. Enjoyed the au natural beach and atmosphere, but after 4 stays wanted to try something different. Though we are seniors, we are young at heart and enjoy being frisky with one another, which is forbidden at CSS. We found Desire on line and was not sure if it was right for us after seeing the resort video, however, after joining the forum, thank you Cokemann and all the members for the reviews and postings, we said lets do it. Wow best decision ever. It gave us the atmosphere we wanted plus more if we wanted to participate.

We had excellent weather, 1st 2 days were the calmest with no waves in the morning to gentle ones in the PM and minimal seaweed. Water was just right, some reviews had mentioned rocks in the water, compared to other resorts, I found them to not be a problem, brought water shoes and did not use them. The wind got progressively stronger the remaining days which brought cloudy water, waves and plenty of seaweed so we just switched over the pool for cool downs. Used USA transfers and booked it through the forum page, help out the forum managers. Booking was easy, got my confirmation and paper work, we had a plane delay going down, called them, made changes, and they were there when we arrived, on time pickup for the return also. $70 US rd trip.

We had a standard ocean view suite, rm 42 with great ocean, pool and Jacuzzi views. Nice room with everything we needed, it was quiet and we sleep great. Wifi worked great in and out of the room.
Food was as recommended and reviewed by previous guests, excellent. We really enjoyed the Aphrodite for both breakfast and lunch. All the food was fresh and inviting. We appreciated the signage and variety of choices. The theme changed each day for lunch. We always found the buffet to fully meet our needs, but one has the option to order from the mini menu or the specials. For dinner we tried all 3 restaurants. The Unik’s location gave it an advantage with the small size and panoramic views. The food proportions were just right and flavorful in all three. The wait staff were right there when needed and very accommodating. We found all the staff throughout the resort to be warm, friendly, inviting and sincere in their desire to make you happy and comfortable.

The pool fully met our needs either to relax and float around with plenty of room at the quiet end to the bar end where all the action and activities occurred. I never had more than a min wait to get a drink at the bar or use wait staff walking around taking orders both at the pool or beach. The beach is narrow, plenty of loungers and sunbeds, the beach/pool guys do a great job managing it. Tips for me are for showing your appreciation for their hard work. I did not feel a tip brought me any better or worse service, everyone wanted to help us enjoy our stay.

The hot tub was new for us. We are not into Lifestyle, but wanted to get a feel for the atmosphere and see what would happen. It was enjoyable, a lot of chatting with other guest like at the pool bar, although we did see a little PDS and more PDA action, nothing crazy though and yes we did get a little crazy one night there. The other guest were great, everyone is very friendly. We never felt uncomfortable and out of place. Oh and one afternoon, I did get a nice BJ followed by a ride’m cowgirl on the patio as she waved back to some people walking by, so guess she is ok with sex in public. She very nicely took the lead. What's next on our list??

In the past, we normally eat dinner early and by 8:30pm are back in our rooms watching TV. At Desire, we found ourselves eating dinner later and then staying out to watch the shows and dance in the disco. We surprised ourselves, on how awake we could be at after 11pm and enjoyed our time out. We loved the shows and the themed night dress up. We will be back sooner than later, will have to find some theme night wear for next time. This resort has now become our destination 2-3 times a year. Thanks again to all the members for their open and frank reviews and info.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Re: Newbie Trip report, Desire Pearl, May 13 – 18th, 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:09 pm

:L Nice, sounds like another convert!
\m/
Explorer79