Trip Report, July 6-12, 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report, July 6-12, 2017

Postby walkonthebeach » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:12 pm

I've been telling myself I would write a report after each of our visits (4) so far. This, as you might guess, is my first one. Many of you have more exciting things to say, but here goes....

We always arrive around 4 PM because of flight schedules and time change and it sucks to pay so much and miss out on that much beach time so we decided to take a red-eye flight that arrived in Cancun at 6:00 AM. We figured it would either be something not to repeat or make us feel like our vacation was longer. It was great - we will probably do it again. Absolutely no lines at the airport and we got to the resort before 7:00. USA Transfers - as always no problem.

Arriving so early was actually anti-climactic. One night guy at the desk, nobody else. We checked in, room was not ready as expected. It had stormed the night before so everything was wet and we were actually a bit cold. Go figure. Went down to the beach, got our beach bed, had breakfast and then decided to use the spa to warm up and have a bit of fun. Unfortunately, the hot tub was not warm so we wound up just taking a hot shower and then headed back to the beach. Nobody was staffing the spa that early but it was nice to shower. I would not plan to arrive that early for my first trip. No butler to show you around, nobody else awake - if it had been our first time it would not have been a great first impression. BUT, because it was not our first time, it was terrific. We will probably do the red-eye again to get the extra desire time!

We stayed in a Master Suite with Plunge. Room was very nice. Really enjoy being so close to the beach and being on the ground floor. The outside bed got a lot of use - only at Desire!

We normally go in June. There were not as many 20 and 30 year olds the first few days we were there. Starting that Sunday the age range was much more mixed.

Theme nights were fun. We try to dress up and my wife looks great. I dressed up for a few nights. Probably less dressing up this trip from the other guests than we have seen in the past. We think it is fun, but nobody cares if you do or if you don't. Havana Nights was not really a dress up night. You know it is hard to find a costume for this if the female entertainment staff are wearing jeans!

Entertainment staff was very good as usual. Kia and Charlie are still there, everyone else was new from our last visit a year ago.

We thought the food was not quite as good as our previous trips. It was still very good, just not quite as good. We also wonder why they have the same theme nights for meals more than once each week. We would love a bit more variety. The flute player at Aphrodite was a nice touch one night. The staff always ask about allergies but except for the team at Pearl, confusions still existed at Aphrodite. The restaurants were not crowded ever.

The shows in the evening ranged from good to great. The best show was the one the staff members put on. The resort nutritionist did a show showing off her flexibility. We have no idea how she does what she does but WOW! The resort Quality Control person is an excellent pole dancer and showed off her stuff. Again, amazing. There were other great parts to this show but the highlight was, of course, Kia on the trapeze. She is really unbelievable. We're not sure why she isn't in Vegas working for Cirque de Solei, but we love that she is at Desire showing her stuff!

We pretty much only stay out late and go dancing when we are at Desire. This trip was no exception. We really enjoyed the disco - dancing with each other and watching the crowd. You see everything in the disco - great dancers, not so great dancers. The music was fine most of the time - we wouldn't know what to suggest anyway. People wear less clothes at the disco as the night goes on. One night a couple came out of the sin room and continued their play on the dance floor. He carried her around for quite a while locked together (not sure how graphic I am allowed to be here). There is no way we could have done that but it was fun to watch!

The sin/play room had couples in and out all night. We played twice and enjoy the voyeur part of things. We are not in the lifestyle but the others in the room also just stuck to themselves. We agree with others who post that the music is too loud in there. Part of the fun is listening to each other and listening to others. Not possible with the disco music blaring in.

Went to the Jacuzzi most evenings as well but skipped it most afternoons. Typically a good crowd. Got chased out by lightening one night. Another night we were using one of the beds and the skies opened up. That rain was cold! Oh well, the rain stopped and we heated up again. There was typically at least one bed available but I would like to say that we appreciate those of you who put your stuff in the cubbies and those of you who clean off your towels from the beds when you are done. When you leave your things on the bed while you are in the Jacuzzi for 90 minutes others don't get the chance to use that bed.

PDS. Saw more PDS away from the Jacuzzi and sin room this trip. Sometimes it was discreet sometimes it was not but nobody was ever stopped. Saw two couples engaged in PDS on the beach beds during the day. I was really glad families did not walk by while it was going on. While we think it would be great fun, our belief is that the beach at Pearl is not the right place for PDS as the beds are just too visible. We had motorcycle police drive by on the beach 2 times while we were there. We had never seen that before. Certainly don't want PDS on the beach to ruin our opportunity to be out there naked. Saw PDS at the pool as well. We were not at the pool much but saw two couples during the foam party and one couple at the bar, on the bar, pretty much wherever. While the rules forbid it, the pool seems like a good place to us!

Couples workshops. We were excited for the BSDM workshop still mentioned on the website where it discusses theme nights. Apparently that never actually happens. They should take that off the website. The schedule for the weeks leading up to our visit showed couples workshops in the disco twice a week. We were looking forward to that as the massage class we did 2 years ago was great fun. Unfortunately, no workshops the week we were there. Ironically, we left at 2 and there was a workshop at 4 the day we were leaving. Bummer. I think Desire could do a better job with offering these at least 2 times per week.

All in all another great trip to Desire. We will try to answer any questions but are also going to try to stay away from the forum if we can. It's too hard visiting this forum when you know you aren't getting back for a year!
walkonthebeach
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Re: Trip Report, July 6-12, 2017

Postby westcpl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for the great report. it all helps.
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Re: Trip Report, July 6-12, 2017

Postby Cheers2US » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 am

Great review! We were there July 10 to 17; so glad we missed the rain!

walkonthebeach wrote:
We thought the food was not quite as good as our previous trips. It was still very good, just not quite as good. We also wonder why they have the same theme nights for meals more than once each week. We would love a bit more variety. The flute player at Aphrodite was a nice touch one night. The staff always ask about allergies but except for the team at Pearl, confusions still existed at Aphrodite. The restaurants were not crowded ever.

I agree with this. We were there for one week + the 2 of the 4 nights we dined at Aphrodite had the same (limited) menu. I also wonder why they ask food allergies at the 1) front desk at check-in and 2) at the hostess podium. The info never got to the wait staff; we had to remind them our of our food allergies each time. It wasn't any trouble really, but just wondering why they bother to ask at the front desk and at the hostess station.

walkonthebeach wrote:
The shows in the evening ranged from good to great. The best show was the one the staff members put on. The resort nutritionist did a show showing off her flexibility. We have no idea how she does what she does but WOW! The resort Quality Control person is an excellent pole dancer and showed off her stuff. Again, amazing. There were other great parts to this show but the highlight was, of course, Kia on the trapeze. She is really unbelievable. We're not sure why she isn't in Vegas working for Cirque de Solei, but we love that she is at Desire showing her stuff!

Also agree with this. Alicia (the nutritionist) was an amazing acrobat. And Kia is so talented! We didn't realize how spectacular she was until our last night there for her trapeze performance. [/quote]

walkonthebeach wrote:Went to the Jacuzzi most evenings as well but skipped it most afternoons. ... There was typically at least one bed available but I would like to say that we appreciate those of you who put your stuff in the cubbies and those of you who clean off your towels from the beds when you are done. When you leave your things on the bed while you are in the Jacuzzi for 90 minutes others don't get the chance to use that bed.

We were guilty of this for a short while. Just plopped our things on the bed and hung out in the jacuzzi. About an hour in, we thought, hey, why not let someone actually use the bed so we transferred our stuff + towels to the cubbies.

A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl