Newbies at Pearl: 7/17-21, 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbies at Pearl: 7/17-21, 2017

Postby ckallday » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Overall, we had an amazing time and will definitely be back. You can read what others have written if you haven't been, I'm going to cover just a few things that were surprising to us.

My job takes me to some of the top resorts around the world and while I'd put Desire Pearl's facilities in the 4 star range, I'd put the service up there with the best resorts I've been too. We had heard the service was excellent but were not expecting every staff member to not only be helpful but also totally invested in ensuring every guest has a great time. Rarely was any interaction not everything we could ask for.

Food was surprisingly good. Other reviews state that it's a bit better than cruise ship food. Maybe we've only had bad cruise ship food but this food was really much better than expected. Do yourself a favor though and eat food that make sense to eat in Mexico. For example, get the grilled Mexican food, not Rib Eye's (steaks in nearly all of Mexico aren't what we are used to in the US and Canada). Also, have the kitchen prepare your meal rather than grabbing stuff from the buffet. Also note that sanitation was excellent (I'm in Mexico approximately 30 days a year so I've seen it all) and the staff did a great job keeping the food fresh and clean. Pro tip: get morning espresso at the lobby bar.

Rooms were nicer than expected. In the pics they look dated but we had a suite and it was spacious, in good shape and felt more authentic than many of the ultra modern Vegas style rooms available in the area.

Average age: Average age was similar to what we see here in Oregon where most people are in their 40's or 50's. Being in our late 30's we were toward the younger end of things. We might try RM next year just to see if there's a difference. We found some amazing couples so we can't complain.

Advice: Get on the KIK group! We didn't and wish we had as it took us a day, especially as complete newbies, to get into the "swing" of things. Also, when people says that you'll be surprised you're comfortable naked they aren't kidding! I (the male half) had never been publicly nude and after the first day I did it and will never go back. Also true that it's less awkward talking to other naked guys than I thought LOL
More advice: Bring costumes for the theme nights! We only brought a couple and wished we'd have brought more. Also bring the sexiest dresses you can, my wife felt quite overdressed on several occasions, especially having been nearly naked the rest of the day.

OK, and here is for the people that are new to "the lifestyle" like us: Desire is the perfect introduction.

We had talked about this for years but never actually done anything. We got ourselves completely on the same page in advance and said what happens happens but limited to soft swap. We were both very nervous and sort of expected nothing would happen. Honestly, the situation at Desire could not have been better for people at our stage. At clubs it's just too fast for us as we like to get to know a couple before we'd be comfortable with them and we are quite timid about meeting locally as it's a bit more pressure than we like. At Desire, you can meet people in the day, with all your clothing off so everyone knows exactly what's what. Should you hit it off with a particular couple you can get to know them, go to dinner with them and actually get comfortable with them. Before you know it everyone is getting it on by the hot tub and your wife that's never been interested in women is suddenly pointing out beautiful women she thinks would be fun! Ok, can't promise that's how it will go for you but having had it work out for us I think it shows just what a perfect place it is for newbies to see the lifestyle in action and participate if they want. [add all other advice to new swingers here which you should have read by now :)] If you are ready to take the first physical steps I can think of few better situations for it.
SLS Kasidie: ckallday
ckallday
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Oct 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Re: Newbies at Pearl: 7/17-21, 2017

Postby SeaSandPool » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks for a great review. Your experience and impressions are consistent with ours.
- SeaSandPool
- S & C
SeaSandPool
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Aug 2018

Postby RogerKaren » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:02 am

Great review. I travel allot and you are spot on. The only thing bad is the beer selection and I dont like mixers so it is mainly straight tequila for me.

Just noticed that you were not getting comments on your review and lots of people read them but may not be quick to be thankful.
RogerKaren
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby SDMMMM » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:09 am

Thank you for the review! Very helpful for newbies like us :L
SDMMMM

We arrive on: 19 Feb 2018

Postby funkouple508 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Thank you for that overview! We are going for are 1st time in 10 days. You had mentioned there is a kik group for couples traveling to Desire Pearl?? If so, do you have that group name? It sounds like a good way to get to know some couples and break the ice.. Thanks!!
funkouple508

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby SeaSandPool » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 am

There isn't one grand kik group for everyone as far as I know. What I'm aware of is that for the month you are going --- see the "When are you arriving at Desire Pearl ?" board and post/view the right month --- someone else who is going usually sets up a yahoo group and/or kik group. You'll have to ask there. For the month we went, someone set up a yahoo group, we joined that, then within the yahoo group someone started a kik group and we joined that. So you might have to search several layers.

Or you could be the one to start the Kik group and post the invite in the month you are going or a yahoo group!!!
- SeaSandPool
- S & C
SeaSandPool
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Aug 2018

Postby dayhiker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 am

Enjoyed reading your trip report.
dayhiker

We arrive on: 12 Mar 1918
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby hoyny5 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Going in December and wants to know what KIK means
hoyny5

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 08 Dec 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:20 pm

hoyny5 wrote:Going in December and wants to know what KIK means

Kik is basically just a chat program that can do group chats (I think it's only a phone app technically). For all of our trips we have participated in the Yahoo Groups - it has been a great way to meet people beforehand. For our recent RM trip there was also also a Kik group which took it to another level, lots more communication. Plus there was actually a group for each week of the month so you are talking with people you are actually going to meet.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl