Newbies August 16 to 22, 2017 WHY DIDN'T WE DO THIS SOONER!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbies August 16 to 22, 2017 WHY DIDN'T WE DO THIS SOONER!

Postby Faaaq2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:08 pm

This was our first introduction to a clothing optional or lifestyle resort. My first comment is WHY DIDN'T WE DO THIS SOONER!

We had a good flight down and used Best Day (private car) for transport to resort. It was a very short ride and had a wonderful greeting at the front door. Front desk staff were great and it only took a few minutes. We got the neon yellow wrist bands that first timers get (more on that in a minute). Had a short visit (5 minutes at most) with the "membership representative" and she politely accepted a "we are not interested". **Never was approached again about it.

Went straight to the room #30, top floor overlooking the hot tub and the pool. It has a beautiful unobstructed view of the ocean and the main area of the resort. It was around 3:30 pm and we took a "newbie" view of the tub and pool. We decided to put suits on for the first trip to the hot tub (you can always take them off, but if you don't bring them you can't put them back on). After arriving at the tub I (male) realized everyone was naked, so I dropped the trunks and got right in. My wife held off and got in in her bikini, within 10 minutes she was comfortable and it was off. People immediately started introducing themselves and we felt right at home. Now back to the "first timers neon yellow bracelet," we had in our head that it set us up for the sharks to start circling. It did not, it actually helped people realize that we were new. They then made an effort to make us feel comfortable. We meet many people that I would like to keep for life long friends. They watch out for you and helped us with any questions that we had.

After 4 hours of drinking and conversation we went and showered then ate dinner at the front restaurant. It was an excellent meal. Everyone congregates around the lobby bar until the entertainment in the disco. We thought the entertainment was great every night. As things winded down, we went back to the hot tub (where everyone ends up after dinner) got a bed, got naked and jumped in the water. After hours of drinks and conversation my wife and I christened the bed on our first night. Other couples were having their encounters in the hot tub and the other beds. We enjoyed watching and having folks watch us. Nothing creepy or weird. We repeated this every day for 6 beautiful days. My wife and I have never felt closer.

We never dipped our toes into the lifestyle, but that's the great thing about Desire, you don't have to. You do as much or as little as your comfortable with. For my wife and I, sex in the beds, where people were watching, was a big step. The next trip has a lot of possibilities though. During our trip we saw couples from their late 20's to there 60's. Everyone talks to everyone. Not a day went by without someone introducing themselves or us introducing ourselves to them. We used the gym (very nice) and the steam room and spa (don't have to have a massage to use them). These are things we learned in our conversations with people.

Every staff member was great and we tipped on the high side because of this. Every meal was great and the entertainment was beyond what we expected. Overall we made some of the greatest friendships with some folks from the New York area and multiple couple from Canada. We are all going to try to arrange a return trip next year together. We loved the place and it will be our go to spot from now on. Thank you Desire, the staff and all of the people we meet.

This was the Greatest Vacation of our life time!!
Faaaq2
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS - Kasidie

Re: Newbies August 16 to 22, 2017 WHY DIDN'T WE DO THIS SOON

Postby FLHXSECpl » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Thanks for the trip report! We are super stoked, only 33 more weeks. lol! :L
Kasidie- AnL1022
FLHXSECpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 29 Apr 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby TandD » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:26 pm

That's a great synopsis of the Desire experience. I'm sure you allayed many a newbie's nerves and fears. Well done and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby TomTom95 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks for the report!

We have yet to take the dive, and successful newbie reports are very helpful. Am particularly glad to see reports of successful outings by people who are not in the lifestyle - I admire and and envy the lifestyle, but don't know if we could make it work. Seeing, showing, flaunting, flirting and teasing seems like plenty of fun already.

Have not yet pitched Desire to my wife, but I have yet to find a sexual idea or action that threw her off - I thought I was a freak, but she surprises me again and again. Am expecting something between "i dunno, seems expensive, I'm fat" (she's not) and "why can't we go sooner/longer?"

Knowing that there is no undue pressure to take it to the next level is reassuring.
TomTom95
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Feb 2018

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl