Trip report late August, 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip report late August, 2017

Postby westcpl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 am

Well, we just returned from yet another fabulous trip from Desire Pearl (August 26th). I truly don’t know where to start, but I’ll try.
1) If you are the least bit outgoing, you will have no trouble meeting great couples. We are not in the lifestyle, yet we laughed the entire time we were there. We meet some great people from both Canada and the US, plus Mexico as well. The more you are into meeting people, the more you will meet.
2) The food. The best was Pearl restaurant. Charlie is just a complete perfect soul. He worked so hard for my wife and I, as they all do, but we just love him. He has a heart as big as his smile. Thank you, Charlie, you know who we are. Aphrodite no longer has an evening buffet, which is great news. The food has really improved. The Unik Gastropub was great one night, and very disorganized the next. It’s small so make reso’s early in the morning. Get your table ready for the Baked Alaska. It’s a sight to behold. Maybe a few more Gluten free options and lactose free if possible, but thanks for what you have already. Very appreciated, again, shout out to Charlie.
3) The pool. The entertainment staff (Mia, Kia, Charlie Mike, Viko, and Kayla) work their cute little butts off, each and everyone of them. Please try to play at least in some of the games, pool volleyball, pool basketball, horseshoes, beach volleyball etc. they have lots of fun games for prizes outside of the pool as well. The bartenders also try very hard to make your drinks, and they should also get a very well-deserved shout out. Thanks guys!! I also need to thank the management for two things: on Wed, they introduced are the staff by departments, and we all had a chance to applaud them and thank them for all the work they do. Also, we enjoyed Heineken in cans from the pool bar. Nice touch!!! Please keep it up. It may cost more, but what a nice addition. We will talk about that touch for a while to others.
4) Pool beds are open in the morning, but if you go down on a weekend at 1:00, on a hot day, when the resort is packed, yup, they’ll be fully taken. Talk to Victor early in the morning, (say 9:00ish) and he’ll hook you up. He’s a great guy and works super hard.
5) Now for the other staff. The butlers (Rudy, Hector, and Carlos, welcome back) are also super great guys. Thanks to you all. The front desk staff are both very friendly and professional. The housekeepers are great and we didn’t have too many issues to report.
6) The nighttime entertainment is not to be missed. The shows are great, professional and fun. I must say again, if you are not outgoing, and you don’t have an open mind, you may not enjoy yourself.
7) The seaweed: ok, yes, it’s there, and there are places you can swim, but the beach beds are nice, and it’s not like your going to be building sand castles. Go to bar and order another drink. I swam almost everyday, and it didn’t bother me. When you rinse off and see so many beautiful naked fun people, you quickly forget about the seaweed.
We are already planning our trip next year. We had one day of rain, but that’s to be expected. It was not as hot as I expected, so overall, a perfect holiday. Thank you Pearl staff. See you in a year.
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Re: Trip report late August, 2017

Postby wetcoastcouple » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:55 pm

thank you for posting. We have not been for the past couple of years but are very much looking forward to returning next year. Your post makes us wish it was this fall !!
wetcoastcouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl