Oct 2017

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Oct 2017

Postby funnsexynj » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Just returned from Pearl, just a quick few summations:
Penthouse: Great, attention from staff & Concierge disappointing.
If you don't listen to the membership service speech good luck.
You think paying all that $$$$ the service would be better or at least the same from previous years, DO NOT THINK SO.
Food: better before
Disco: HORRIBLE. everyone ran out unless you like YMCA all night
Drinks: something definitely is rotten..I purchased my own bottle, otherwise two of the nights my wife was not well from their drinks.
as long as we pre drank our own stuff no issues...FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
To place this in context, this was our seventh trip and will not be returning to Pearl.
We will try RM again and see how it goes, but with a lot of precaution.
On a lighter note the guest are awesome and definitely saved the trip.
funnsexynj
funnsexynj
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc

Re: Oct 2017

Postby DFWDreems » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:24 pm

We hear your concerns about the quality level. Three things in response.

First, re: RM compared to Pearl? ... same company, same food and beverage suppliers, same general management and program. No? Can you/we anticipate anything different at RM?

Second, Desire can in no way be considered a 5-star resort, whether you're in the Pres suite or not. We have accepted the facilities, food and service as 3 1/2 stars, at best, although the cost exceeds the 5-star vanillas. The appeal is about the personal freedoms and opportunities, both nudity and sexuality.

And C (kidding, Third), we are becoming concerned the Desire prices continue to rise, more than both vanilla and other sexy resorts. There could be a variety of reasons for this (lower occupancy creating company financial distress or maybe the company is attempting to take advantage of loyal patrons), but it's certainly not due to demand, as occupancy is not increasing. Now, throw in the alcohol and cartel scares, which has reduced occupancy fairly obviously. While Desire has been regularly increasing its prices, the increases were offset with reasonable deals/offers, but they are not keeping pace. Last year, fourth night free offer (25% off the jacked overnight price). This year, reduced to 20% off. We're not seeing much offered now for the near future. The Desire management answer should not be to squeeze loyal patrons - many of us will consider backing off Desire (Pearl and RM), and even Temptations. For us, we'll find reasonable alternatives, and Desire will lose us, two trips planned for 2018, and another two or three in 2019 ...

For now, we'll wait and see how this flushes out.
DFWDreems
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby tommer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 am

Hmmmm, the last couple of posts are quite concerning. We have stayed at both RM and Pearl within the last year and we were very pleased with all aspects - food and drinks included. Since our last stay this summer, I know that there has been a switch in the managers between the two resorts. Perhaps this is a part of the current reported discord and hopefully time will improve the situation. I agree that Desire needs to do all they can to fill rooms to capacity .... always, management and patrons want a full house. To that end, I hope that incentives are soon offered. Besides 20/25% off offers, Desire should also offer "loyalty bonuses" such as a $300+ credit for each stay that can be applied to return bookings. Top notch liquor selections would also help. Finally and an ever-appearing concern, the DJ choices in the disco need help ...... please!!!

All this being said, we love Desire and we want to continue to love Desire. We hope that management will consider some changes to make their resorts unique, tantalizing, fun and delicious. The "body of the resort" needs to compliment and promote the sexy, fun seeking quality of the wonderful people who visit.
tommer
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby Jokerh77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:42 pm

funnsexynj wrote:Just returned from Pearl, just a quick few summations:
You think paying all that $$$$ the service would be better or at least the same from previous years, DO NOT THINK SO.
Drinks: something definitely is rotten..I purchased my own bottle, otherwise two of the nights my wife was not well from their drinks.
To place this in context, this was our seventh trip and will not be returning to Pearl.
funnsexynj

I'll be honest, this makes me nervous. My wife and I have our very first visit scheduled for February, and it will be our first foray into a CO resort and, hopefully, our first dabble in the lifestyle. I would hate for the first experience at Pearl to be a bad one, as that could put a damper on potential future escapades.

Could you elaborate on a couple of things?

1. What do you mean by, "If you don't listen to the membership service speech good luck"? I will absolutely not sit through a sales presentation. How does that affect my stay?

2. Drinks- What drinks was your wife drinking that were different from yourself? There seems to be a pattern of people complaining about the drinks lately. Is there any chance it is the mixers/juice and not the alcohol itself?

3. What was bad about the food?

Although I'm concerned about our future stay, I appreciate your report.
Thanks!
Jokerh77

Postby mikeinnj » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:50 pm

We have never sat through the presentation and don’t believe it has ever affected our trip. But I have no clue what they meant in their statement.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby tommer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Regardless if you do the presentation, the treatment you always get is always superb! Simply, Desire is wonderful and we are confident that they will listen to concerns and respond with improvements.
tommer
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby DFWDreems » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:42 pm

tommer wrote: Perhaps this is a part of the current reported discord and hopefully time will improve the situation.

I do not believe we can take one or two people's "negative" comments and describe it as a pattern or issue. Our writing was simply to express that you shouldn't pay Desire prices expecting a top-of-the-line resort experience (especially Pres suite prices). Desire is not about providing 5-star service, and there is a "cost" for the freedoms Desire offers.

Dehydration and limited sleep for days, along with the unique stimulation, happens at Desire. Several are quick to point to the alcohol as the source of feeling poorly. I don't believe it at this point. Desire has no documented cases of alcohol contamination, and, even so, additional precautions have been put in place. There is simply no real evidence of alcohol problems at Desire.

We have done the presentation and we have declined it.
DFWDreems
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby nokidclub » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 am

Jokerh77 wrote:
funnsexynj

I'll be honest, this makes me nervous. My wife and I have our very first visit scheduled for February, and it will be our first foray into a CO resort and, hopefully, our first dabble in the lifestyle. I would hate for the first experience at Pearl to be a bad one, as that could put a damper on potential future escapades.

1. What do you mean by, "If you don't listen to the membership service speech good luck"? I will absolutely not sit through a sales presentation. How does that affect my stay?

2. Drinks- What drinks was your wife drinking that were different from yourself? There seems to be a pattern of people complaining about the drinks lately. Is there any chance it is the mixers/juice and not the alcohol itself?

Thanks!

We had our first visit to Pearl and absolutely loved it! We did lots of “research” with liquor and had no issues whatsoever. In fact, we liked the trip so much that we already booked a return visit !

Do not worry—go on your trip with curiosity and come to your own conclusions about Pearl. Then, share them on this forum.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby red88vette » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm

We had our first visit back in May, we are booked again for Dec and already have 3 dates in 2018 2 more yet to book. Yes we are retired. We did not find or hear anything at the facility that gave us concerns. We do not travel for 5 star treatment and hand holding, drinks delivered to us, etc. We prefer to get our own drinks, walking is good for us. We felt their breakfast buffet and lunch were better than we had at other comparable resorts. Ah and the atmosphere, well its priceless.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby jkroha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 am

Jokerh77 wrote:I'll be honest, this makes me nervous. My wife and I have our very first visit scheduled for February, and it will be our first foray into a CO resort and, hopefully, our first dabble in the lifestyle. I would hate for the first experience at Pearl to be a bad one, as that could put a damper on potential future escapades.

Thanks!

Well first off, you will have a blast, the people make the fun there, and the people are great. Food/drinks are fine... but not 5 star, but fine. They press you to hear the membership speech, but you can skip it, and you can leave it early, and no one else on the staff will ever know or treat you different. Drinking issues seems to set some people off, we had a great time, and tried VERY hard not to overdrink, which is hard due to body shots, game shots, and friendly (aka double shot drinks) bartenders. Fresh juice can also have the standard Mexico issues, aka stomach bug/reactions. Food is OK, not the main attraction so if you expect that you will judge it poorly. Better then a Carnival cruise, worse then a fancy place, and some dishes better then others. But if you eat with others you meet you will barely taste the food anyway.... you are too busy thinking of them naked.... (yes you saw them naked 30 minutes ago but somehow you want to see them naked again when you see them dressed!) But again, part of it is what you bring with you, do you want fancy rooms, delivered drinks and amazing food, or amazing experiences, friendships and people..... We would sign up for a tent, hot dogs and a Mad Dog 20/20 to meet the people we did again :)
Naughy Nawlins 2018 (Was...awesome)
Desire RM Dec 14-22, 2018
Jhnkha on SDC/SLS/Kasidie
kik:funnynerd8
jkroha
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby reachn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Jokerh77 wrote:
funnsexynj

Thanks!

we were at Pearl Oct 2017 (3rd trip) had a blast, food was great, never a problem with drinks except for the first night when i thought 9 drinks in the hot tub in 4hrs was a good idea :D .. we never sat through the sales pitch before but went to it this time. we got free meal upgrades and a free massage. the total time was 20min. we went to sales pitch told them we are not in a financial position to buy in and they thanked us and we went about our wonderful trip....
reachn
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Oct 2017

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl