Newbie non-lifestyle couple report - Dec 31/17-Jan 4/18

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie non-lifestyle couple report - Dec 31/17-Jan 4/18

Postby Dfw1234 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Reader’s digest version - day 1 overwhelmed and almost checked out , day 3 actually considered a membership.

We are mid forties and happily married almost 20
Years. Not in the lifestyle - have questions about it but more from curiosity than interest. I booked the vacation after repeated heat of the moment fantasy talks about a nude vacation. Told the wife when sober, wife got mad but yet didn’t say cancel. She wasn’t sure she would feel comfortable taking any clothes off. We moved forward with the planning. Some times we were super excited and sometimes worried that it would cause damage to our relationship. Guess what? It didn’t. Rule #1 - both of you need to press the submit button when booking. Truth #1 - Desire won’t cause something to happen that already Isn’t there. If you have lifestyle interest you will open up to it, if you don’t you won’t be “accidentally” start.

Resort service - probably the best I have ever had. That includes several Four Seasons, Ritz and JW Marriott’s. Can’t really explain the difference except each one makes you their friend.

Food - great. Ate at Pearl most nights and Unik one night.

Rooms - had an Ocean View in the dolphin building. Room was roomy and very nice. Our rooms were noisy in the mornings because we were near a maintenance area. Try to get a room up at least one floor and maybe to the front of the building. Water takes some time to get hot so be patient.

Ok - here are the day breakdowns from the perspective of a non-lifestyle couple in their first vacation to any clothing optional or topless resort.

Day 1 - check in at 5:30 pm. Super easy. A little anxiety listening to the rules. Got our yellow newbie bracelets. Took us by jacuzzi on way to the room. Guy was getting a blowjob. Wife knew this was here but a little bit of sensory overload at first. Went to dinner at Pearl. Great New Year’s Eve show, people started showing up in theme outfits. Dinner was great but after drinking a few cocktails and a bottle of champagne it became a little too much for my wife so we bailed at midnight. Seriously considered finding a room elsewhere because I didn’t want her to not enjoy the vacation.

Day 2 - wife woke up a bit more adjusted. I told her we’ll stick to the pool to avoid that again and she didn’t have to take anything off. I also asked if she minded if I stripped. She didn’t think I would but was fine with it. Worked out and then ate lunch and went to the pool. I took the trunks off after about 10 minutes. Nervous at first but that lasted about 10
Seconds once I realized nobody cared a bit about it. Really enjoyed sunning in the buff. Sidebar note - guys love all the effort the women. Put into their outfits and getting sexy for the trip. We need to do the same. Put down the doughnuts 90 days prior and get those balls, chest and back waxed. It is the least we can do for the gals! I asked her if she was going to go topless tomorrow and she said maybe. She wanted to go check out the massages. She already knew about the erotic one from Trip planning. She signs us up for an erotic massage and she wants a male - trip has definitely turned around in less than 24 hours. Went back to the room to rest before dinner and wife took advantage of me to make up for New Year’s ( yes - you will have abnormally more sex here). Ate at Pearl again that night. More hot sex and the bed time

Day 3 - The Big Day - morning sex, breakfast and then gym. Off to the pool. My trunks off right away and she quickly took her top off. Hell yes! I was so proud of her in a weird way. Talked to a super cool couple from Winnipeg. Yes - you will have great conversation naked with complete strangers. Laid around the pool most of the day. Mix was about 20% over 60, 30% over 50, 40 % over 40 and the rest younger. The best personality there was in her 70’s - we were envious of her love of life. Drank a cocktail and headed for the erotic massage. We got Manuel and Gladys. Fully comfortable naked around people now. Massage was pretty good - I would rather an actual massage with erotic added in. Didn’t matter - we were more than ready when thy joined the tables. Went another two times in the hot tub afterwards. I asked her if she wanted to try the jacuzzi and off we went. It was full of people by this point. Met some nice couples and enjoyed it. One guy was a little too drunk but that was it. I’ve heard the suggestion of bracelets to let people know if you are a swinger. Coming from a couple that isn’t interested in the lifestyle we would love a bracelet that said “hey, we like being naked but we’re with each other”. Nobody was aggressive but that kind of bracelet would have been a security blanket for my wife. We left after 2 hours because she started to feel a little uncomfortable. Back to the room for more sex and then off to Unik for dinner. In 48 hours we went from almost leaving to both being naked with strangers and having an erotic massage that left big smiles on her face.

Day 4 - Sales pitch at 9. Not pushy and we are actually thinking about it (big turnaround I know). Went to pool for the rest of the day (wife didn’t even bring a top this time). Talked to our Canadian chair mates some more. Wife did water exercise and looked amazing totally free out there. We left at 4 that day to spend our last two nights at the Marriott. We feel we had reached our “fill” for our first trip and didn’t want to push it. We also wanted a transition day back to the real world. As soon as I got to my room at the JW I stripped. Clothes felt confining! Wife slept naked (she never does that). Beach was beautiful but boring. We both agreed that we wanted to plan another trip to Desire (or she is interested in Temptations as well). It was an awesome vacation and we both stepped way outside of our comfort zone and are glad we did. I told her if we come a second time we’ll consider a membership. Already looking at discounted dates!
Dfw1234
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Newbie non-lifestyle couple report - Dec 31/17-Jan 4/18

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:53 am

Great report, sounds like another Desire success story :L

We left at 4 that day to spend our last two nights at the Marriott. We feel we had reached our “fill” for our first trip and didn’t want to push it. We also wanted a transition day back to the real world.

This is something we stumbled upon accidentally our first trip and ever since we try to do it every time. It's always good to have that time in between Desire and the real world for us to just be alone together and reflect.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Dfw1234 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:35 pm

We took the approach that this will hopefully be a recurring vacation so no need to push it the first time. We also will schedule some excursions next time because I we started to get a little antsy by day 3. I also forgot to mention that you should bring extra hangars!
Dfw1234
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Dani'stoy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Our first trip was very similar (October -Danistoy). My wife (Dani) certainly had her reservations on day one :0 It's a great place and we're going back in Late Feb/March. We will probably continue to go back because of some of the people we met. We've already had a couple meet us out here in the PNW for a weekend. We went wine tasting,hiking and watched the CFB championship! We enjoy too many other great things and there is so much out there in the world to see and do for us to ever become members - we're going fly fishing in Argentina in 2019 - but it will propbably be an every 18 month kinda thing...there is no place like it! Glad you guys enjoyed it!
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby Dfw1234 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Just booked four days in May!
Dfw1234
Desire Fan