March 2-6, 2018 trip report, part one

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

March 2-6, 2018 trip report, part one

Postby Hchoir » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Sex isn't the only thing that makes Desire Pearl special, so here are my general observations this trip...

Things that were different this time:
New recreation folks at the pool/beach; very friendly and made it a point to speak to everyone whether you got involved in the daily activities or not.

A bit of a ramp-up in the sexiness, both during the day and with the shows at night--I think we all approved!

The food was good last near but we both thought they raised their game in that department this year.

Bathrooms under construction at the jacuzzi...a very welcome addition!

Different theme nights. Our first night was red night, which we thought was great...lots of options for the ladies and even some for the men. We fell asleep and missed lingerie night :( :( :( The glow party was a bit of a bust; it just wasn't dark enough for it to work very well; maybe start tuning off most of the lights for at least a little bit. Not a lot of excitement about nautical night. We thought the disco playlist was improved, but still waiting for some smoldering slow music to dance to.

Better weather! Last year the wind really blew but this year it was perfect and we got to spend time on the beach beds/chairs.

Things that were the same:
Great service. My goodness, the genuine warmth was such a pleasure after indifferent US folks! Victor and G at the pool/beach did their usual great job, our housekeeper added numerous little touches; they even insisted the guy cleaning the pool get out so I could swim laps in the morning! Tried to decline but they wouldn't hear of it. I brought our own wine and enjoyed discussing it with our very interested waiter. I try to tip everybody who helps us; I don't know what anyone makes of course but I doubt they're getting rich down there. The final fantastic touch was that we got to keep our room until it was time to leave on the last day, all the way to 2:00 PM.

One not so good thing that was also the same...the seaweed! I heard someone say that this is the bad season for it...they worked on it daily but really all those guys could do was clear enough beach to walk on below the bottom level of chairs; there was still always a pile at the water line. Maybe they could invest in a little bobcat; a couple of hours in the morning and then again in late afternoon would probably keep it fairly clear.

I would have enjoyed our time there just in light of the above, but I'll try to put into words a little about what makes Desire a place like no other in Part II.
Hchoir
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Re: March 2-6, 2018 trip report, part one

Postby yoyo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Hchoir wrote:Maybe they could invest in a little bobcat;

It is NOT permited because of the Turtle eggs.....they told me that several years ago.
machinery is not permited in the beach.
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby Regina Lima » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 am

yoyo wrote:
Hchoir wrote:Maybe they could invest in a little bobcat;

It is NOT permited because of the Turtle eggs.....they told me that several years ago.
machinery is not permited in the beach.

Then it is explained why they do not mechanize cleaning. Better that way..
Ri & Si
DP 2016-Sep
DP 2017-Apr
DP 2018-Apr
DP 2018-Sep
DP 2019-Sep
DP 2021-Nov
Miches 2023 - Nov
Regina Lima
Desire Lover

We are from: Brazil
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2021

Postby bmerryman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 am

Last year we walked the beach all the way from RM into Puerto Morales. Some of the resorts had John Deere tractors out cleaning their beach. One resort even had a specialized tractor that picked up about 6 inches of sand, cleaned it and sorted the seaweed out and deposited the clean sand back down. Most resorts only had manual labor raking and bagging the seaweed. And some resorts did nothing, so you had a 3 foot wall to go over to get to the water. So I think it is more a matter of preference how they clean the beach, not regulations. I live in Texas where Galveston beach has huge seaweed issues. A few years ago the city council decided not to clean the seaweed due to the "environmental issues". It got so bad you could smell the rotting seaweed long before you could even see the gulf. They lost so many tourist dollars that year that they now clean the beaches daily.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby Darin & Melissa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:24 pm

bmerryman wrote: I live in Texas where Galveston beach has huge seaweed issues. A few years ago the city council decided not to clean the seaweed due to the "environmental issues". It got so bad you could smell the rotting seaweed long before you could even see the gulf. They lost so many tourist dollars that year that they now clean the beaches daily.

I remember that, we were down in Galveston for a conference and we couldn't get close to the beach because it stunk so badly. Even sitting in the restaurants across the streets were bad.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby bmerryman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 pm

The Puerto Morales beach webcam on this forum in fact shows a tractor cleaning the beach today.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl