March 9-13,2018 our second trip to Pearl

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

March 9-13,2018 our second trip to Pearl

Postby CoupleofCanucks » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:40 am

This is our second time to Pearl and we have been to RM once. This trip was only 4 days, we have always gone for 7 days so we were a bit worried that we would not have enough time to really get to know anybody. We met as many people on this trip as we have on past trips and made some great friendships.

We had been staying in Playa Del Carmen so we arrived early at around 11:00. The check in process went fine. They gave us a cold towel and some champagne, which is such a nice touch. Saying no to the sales pitch meeting was very easy; I was thinking they would push it but one “no” did the trick. Our room was not ready but we were prepared for that. We had everything we needed in our knapsacks so we went for a little walk around to familiarize ourselves with the resort layout. After our walk we went to have a bit of lunch while we still had our clothes on. In the restaurant we meet another couple that had also just arrived. The resort was overbooked so they had to go and spend the night at RM but would be back the next day. We felt really sorry for them but also wondered if this might have been us if we had arrived a bit later. After lunch we went in the pool but it had been raining the last couple of days so it was really cold. We were the only ones in the pool so after we got a drink we went over to the hot tub. It was around 2 so we knew the hot tub would not be officially open but hoped the water would be warm. There were 2 other couples in the hot tub when we got there but it filled up pretty soon after that. This was a great afternoon and we did not go to get our room till 8. We had a room in the back corner of the resort up on the third floor. We never spend any time in our room so we really don’t care where it is. We also don’t “play” with others, well maybe a little in the hot tub but that doesn’t count, so we don’t need to have a room that is big enough to entertain guests. We got changed and went to Pearl for dinner. Overall the food and service were great; although, we did miss the late night pizza at RM. We then went to get changed for the theme. My wife looked great in her little red dress. We watched the show, danced for a while and then went to the hot tub. The hot tub was busy and we stayed till around 2.

The rest of the days where pretty much the same. We did walk to Puerto Moreles a couple of times; it is about 30 minutes in each direction. I really like doing this so we can have some alone time to talk. We played pool volleyball a couple of days and that is always fun. My wife had an outfit for every theme night but did not get to wear the one on our last night because we were having way to much fun with another couple at dinner so she did not have time to change before the show.

To anybody reading this that has not gone to Desire yet you really need to try it. We have been to lots of other resorts; some have better rooms or nicer food but none have the same atmosphere or friendly people. We are normally not social people so at a “regular” resort we would meet 2 or 3 couples and have very superficial conversations about where you live etc. When we are at Desire we meet more couples than we can count. We have great, interesting conversations about anything and everything. We make friends that we actually stay in touch with and see outside of Desire. I was saying to my wife that pretty soon we are going to have more friends that we have seen naked than ones we haven’t.
CoupleofCanucks
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 23 Nov 2018

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl