If it's your first trip - read this! March 2018

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

If it's your first trip - read this! March 2018

Postby Swohnewbie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm

So – upon returning from a fantastic week at Desire Pearl, I thought long and hard about how to write this trip report, and what I’d have told myself last week before flying out for our first trip:
Everything you think about this vacation is going to be…is wrong. Everyone gets it wrong. I didn’t meet a single person who made their first trip last week who didn’t come away with a completely different experience than they had planned.

If you’re not in the LS – relax. The majority of people you meet will be just like you. Open minded, friendly people looking for the sexiest vacation you can spend with your partner, and new people to meet and (non-sexually) mingle with.

If you’re LS curious or LS casual – don’t rush it. You may find some opportunities for new experiences, you may not. If it happens it happens. And more than likely, it will happen spontaneously because you met other couples and hit it off. Mostly, you’ll find lots of the friendliest people on earth looking to have a drama free good time above all else. No one wants to feel pressured. And most people respect that.

If you’re a LS enthusiast – reset your expectation or schedule with a group. Desire is FAR from a roman orgy on a daily (and nightly) basis. If you’re hoping for multiple random encounters to check off your LS bucket list, you’ll have better luck at your local club. Schedule with a group (the Hellions seem to be legendary), or plan on being disappointed. Mostly, don’t become the social pariah who gropes women in the hot tub because you expect everyone here to be 100% DTF. That makes for a LONG vacation.

For the record, this was the best vacation I’ve ever taken. Have never met a friendlier warm bunch of people in my life. People who want to mingle. People who want to do shots. People who want to have fun, be naked, and celebrate life.

Now for the rest:
Food and service – top notch. Really. You’re staying at a Resort with no more than 168 guests that runs three restaurants. That’s a tall order. If you want endless buffet lines take a cruise or find a MUCH larger resort. Also – tip well, and tip often. The staff works hard – possibly harder than you. Notice them, and you’ll notice they are there 12+ hours a day, six days a week. All just to make you happy. That kind of effort deserves your respect and admiration.
Wrist bands – They’re like genitalia. We all have them, and they are all pretty much the same. Yes, they mean something to the resort staff. No, they shouldn’t mean anything to you. It felt amazing to strip away all my artificial pretense with my clothes. Don’t bring it back by asking my why my band is silver, white, yellow, black, etc.

Hot tub. What a great social experience. Like a college party with one small difference. Well… not SO small. Public displays of sex? Yep – you’ll see them. And you’ll get used to ignoring them. Most will not be done for your benefit. A few will, but those will honestly be the easiest to ignore. Our room looked out over the hot tub. Kept waking me up all week. And no matter what time of night it was, all I ever found were groups of people drinking, laughing, and having a good time. Not a Roman Orgy.

Packing – don’t over pack. Packed in a suitcase, could have been a small duffle. Seriously. Went to bed naked, woke up naked, hung out in the pool naked. Literally could have not dressed all week.
Pool games – hilarious. When you read something here about these games, imaging them in the funniest way possible. When they send the (volunteer) women around the pool to collect point by kissing various body parts, I promise it was funny and not sexy

Best vacation every. Everyone should go at least once. Have an open mind and enjoy the experience. There is no pressure, there is no expectation. You days will take on their own pace and find their own routine.
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Re: If it's your first trip - read this!

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Well done! After many, many trips, we can say this advice is spot on. Go with an open mind and no agenda, we have many great stories that started very spontaneously.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Re: If it's your first trip - read this! March 2018

Postby chrisgorrod » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:26 pm

:UK Looking forward to our first trip in 2 weeks time great article .
KIK: candjfuncouple Kasidie: Keepitfun
chrisgorrod
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:50 pm

:L :L

Great advice all the way around. You can tell that you've been to Desire ;)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Swohnewbie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Explorer79 wrote::L :L

Great advice all the way around. You can tell that you've been to Desire ;)

You can also tell that we’ll be back. ;-)

Hot tub tip for first time. If you’d like to be alone with your special someone, the hot tub clears out between 8:30 and 10:30. You can usually have it all to yourself. The bartenders will be there, but will make themselves scarce for you. The hot tub will be all yours to do with as you please.
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Postby mm93 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Five trips to Pearl under our belts the last being April 2018. This review is exactly what to expect. Never heard it so eloquently put. Well said.

M&M
Kasidie & Kik: scarletswing
mm93
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 30 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby 22truckie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:23 am

Also agree, spot on. Going with an expectation can lead to pressure and missing out what this place is all about. We learned this our first trip and spelled it out in our first trip report ( a must read!) Like I said in closing the report. Follow your wife's lead and all will be good as the women run DP
and that is a beautiful thing! :) our third trip back in the beginning of November. See you all there! May bring our Twister game, good for some laughs
22truckie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Oct 2018

Postby red88vette » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Sounds just like our first visit last May to Pearl. From the advertisements we were not sure what to expect. We never felt out of place, did what we wanted to do, and more than expected. The staff was great, so friendly and they remember you when you return. The guests were great, food, Jacuzzi all made for a wonderful trip each visit. We loved it soo much, we will going back in next month for our 4th trip and have 4 more planned this year.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl