Pieces of Eight - Brief Trip Report April 19th-25th, 2018

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pieces of Eight - Brief Trip Report April 19th-25th, 2018

Postby UsAndYou » Sat May 12, 2018 5:53 pm

We recently completed our eighth trip to DP where we celebrated our 30th Anniversary. We were there from April 19th – 25th. Here is a brief summary of the highlights/lowlights for the week.

The good:
We thought the food was very good this trip. We have never been disappointed, but the quality of the food (like so many things) can very some from trip to trip. We dined at the gastropub once, Pearl once, and the remainder at Aphrodite. All meals were excellent and no complaints.

We were very, very happy to see Charlie and Kia!

The first two nights (Thursday and Friday) worried us a little as the resort seemed quieter than usual and the energy level seemed very low. This may have had a little to do with the changes in format in the evening entertainment routine. But by Saturday night all was good with the universe and we met lots of great people, made some unbelievable memories, and were exhausted by the time we headed home!

The bad:
We had heard that mosquitoes could be an issue at DP since before our first trip, but had been fortunate that we never experienced a problem, until this trip. We spent a lot of time on the beds around the Jacuzzi, and had a lot of bites to show for it. The mosquitoes were a little distracting when trying to play on the beds, but we powered through! We should have moved it to our room a couple times, but hate to risk breaking the flow in the action with new friends. And mosquito spray just doesn’t seem like a good option under the circumstances.

The ugly:
The changes in the nightly lobby/disco entertainment were a big disappointment. We actually ran into friends that were running back to their room after dinner to change quickly into the night’s theme as there was no “lobby time” and the party in the disco was starting earlier than anyone expected. This has been covered pretty well elsewhere so I’ll just say that the changes are not good. We often joke about the “herd” mentality as we all move through the daily routine. But the truth is that there is value in the “routine” part that ensures we will be where we need to be and at the right time.

The seaweed was pretty bad, and the ocean appeared pretty murky. But, that is nature and I suppose there isn’t much that can be done about it (though I keep picturing a big green tractor with some sort of attachment that could actually keep up with the clearing of the seaweed!).

Despite the issues cited above, this was among one of our best trips to date and it was a great way to celebrate our anniversary. A fantastic resort, with a wonderful staff, and awesome guests!

As usual, we failed to get good contact information from some of our new friends before we left, so if any of you want to PM us here or on Kasidie feel free to do so.

M&L
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Re: Pieces of Eight - Brief Trip Report April 19th-25th, 201

Postby Darin & Melissa » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

That is odd that you guys ended up with mosquito bites, we didn't have a single one and we were there April 18th-22nd. Usually they love my husband but he didn't get a single bite either. Sorry you had that experience.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Regina Lima » Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 pm

We were there in the same period and I took some bites in the Jacuzzi. It was my first time. My wife took none.
Ri & Si
DP 2016-Sep
DP 2017-Apr
DP 2018-Apr
DP 2018-Sep
DP 2019-Sep
DP 2021-Nov
Miches 2023 - Nov
Regina Lima
Desire Lover

We are from: Brazil
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2021

Postby UsAndYou » Thu May 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Darin & Melissa wrote:That is odd that you guys ended up with mosquito bites, we didn't have a single one and we were there April 18th-22nd. Usually they love my husband but he didn't get a single bite either. Sorry you had that experience.

Melissa

Really just a minor nuisance, and probably a matter of bad timing. Maybe we should have stayed at the disco longer....Best we can remember they got us Sat and Sun night.
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl