May 10-17, 2018, 4th trip Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

May 10-17, 2018, 4th trip Report

Postby red88vette » Fri May 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi All: We just got back from our May 10 -17 trip to Pearl. It was our 4th since last May. Had another fantastic time, meet and made many new friends and the staff was super as always.

The food was great, no complaints, a couple hiccups that were quickly fixed. We dined at all 3 restaurants. We love the buffet style at Aphrodite. They are using regular menus at Uniq, no more boxes.

The beach remains a problem for the area. First couple days we were able to get our walks into Puerto Moralas. The beach area was fairly clear so we was easy walking. The Sorgassum was at the water edge, and floating islands were still off shore. However by night three the winds kicked in and the beach was piled up again and the erosion was terrible. Waves were lapping up to the steps of the guard tower. No room to walk, and the water was a murky brown. Hopefully, mother nature will return the sand and beach soon.

We were concerned reading about bands being in the Disco for entertainment, was even on the schedule of events, however the 9:30 bands or singers were all at the usual place in front of the pond. After the 10:30 Disco entertainment, the DJ song choice is still the same, oldies and some current hits for a bit, dance floor is full, then rap music and the crowd thins out to a few couples. The music spoils the mood even for use of the Sin room. One night they did have about 30 min’s of slow music. Sin room was quiet most nights, so made our own action.

They had a reggae band on the beach for the barbeque lunch, it was a nice change.

In my membership mtg it was mentioned that the rates are going up eff 1-1-19, he did not know by how much. Also he did say that the plans have been completed for the new Cancun north facility, and were ready to file for permits. No dates, he just said opening sometime in 2020.

Looking forward to our next trip to Pearl in Aug.

Geoff & Toby
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Re: May 10-17, 2018, 4th trip Report

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Hmmm. So does that mean book our 2019 trip now?
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Re: May 10-17, 2018, 4th trip Report

Postby red88vette » Sat May 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Good question, guess I should have asked. We always book 9-12 mo's in advance anyway, Feb is in. I am seeing rates in the reservation site that look like 2018 rates. Maybe he was just scaring me.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl