4/29-5/6, 2018 New Mapping Dinner--you should do it!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

4/29-5/6, 2018 New Mapping Dinner--you should do it!

Postby dsub69 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Now that real life has quieted down, I wanted to get some quick thoughts out there about our last trip. We actually decided very late to take a trip. In fact, we considered going to a vanilla vacation as the dates we wanted weren't completely available. In the end, we called the resort to see if we could move between RM and Pearl, but were able to get a room for the full 7 nights at Pearl. YAY!!! Check with the resort, even if it says wait list, you may be able to get in. As always, the place felt like home. Charlie and Kia are back with a new crop of new young staff. The newbies are settling in. They are a little quieter than the last crop, but certainly friendly and up for some fun. The pool games were a bit of a struggle to get people to join in, but I'm sure it's because our Russian friend wasn't there. We actually ran into two couples that we met on our first trip. What a great surprise that was for us. As usual, we met some great new people as well and had a great deal of laughter and fun in the Jacuzzi. That said, the Jacuzzi is in desperate need of repairs. I feel sorry for those who will be there that week, but I'm glad it will be fixed. The bathrooms behind the bar at the Jacuzzi are also nice bonus. Yes, the sea grass, was bad, but the staff worked tirelessly to remove it. The music was mixed, but looking at more recent posts it seems like they went back to the traditional format before the formal entertainment.

What I really want to tell everyone about is the Mapping dinner. We went to the dinner to celebrate our birthdays. It is absolutely INCREDIBLE. The cost is steep, I think it's 300 retail, but they are always running a "special price". They seriously need to improve the advertising for this event, what they have doesn't do it justice. The Mapping dinner is a 5 course meal that pairs the food with music, wine and light. I think the most that can attend is 8 couples, you are not alone, but the whole presentation is an experience. Using a projection system above the table they create an amazing event. The food is among the best I've eaten. I even drank wines that I do not normally like (Shiraz) because the additional flavors on the palate were amazing. and the whole experience was phenomenal. If you have the opportunity to do the dinner, I would say do it. I believe they either do it on Wednesday or Friday depending on interest. I posted a couple short videos, but mine don't do it justice either.

We no longer have white bands, so we will definitely be back soon!

D

https://youtu.be/qB_qLvkXWkk
https://youtu.be/EhSKgtPqgCs
https://youtu.be/kMwaFGB5Ick
Desire Pearl 5/17, 11/17, 5/18, 11/18, 5/19, 11/19.....5/20, 11/20
dsub69
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 May 2020

Re: 4/29-5/6, 2018 New Mapping Dinner--you should do it!

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Sun May 27, 2018 11:11 am

We will miss you D and D next week. I already told you in the private email... And yes, we will suffer almost the whole week with the hot tub being remodeled, but I am sure me and my brother will make up the difference in the pool. I am so sorry that you Russian buddy was not there, but I have heard that he is coming back in November, so look him up then. May be you can go diving together :)

Thank you for letting us know about Dinner. We will book it for sure.

Miss you my dear. Hugs and kisses from us.
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl