May 23rd-25th 2018. 2nd time (Yikes. Short trip!!)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

May 23rd-25th 2018. 2nd time (Yikes. Short trip!!)

Postby Trifecta » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 pm

We were attending an event in Cancun at a vanilla resort for the Memorial day weekend, so we decided to fly down a few days early and get in a few "desire" days. Here is the report. Im too tired/lazy to make this coherent. Its just a jumble of thoughts - some good and some bad.

We arrived nice and early on our first day. Our room wasn't quite ready so we had lunch. After that our room was ready and we were able to change, and head down to the pool and get naked ASAP! We met some nice people by the pool but unfortunately it started to rain on and off that day, and also for the next two days we were there. The resort did their best to occupy us with games and such, but it really was not what we had hoped weather-wise. Whenever there was a break in the weather people would head to the jacuzzi.

The vibe was relatively tame and quiet. Not sure if it was the weather or the group that was there....We saw only two couples total have sex by the jacuzzi the three days we were there (and we did our part...and were hoping others would too). We saw no one in the playroom either night. We went in on the second night and had a good time alone but other than a few people peaking there heads in, no one came in and got "busy"

We also noticed that the food was just not that great. It LOOKS great but it just didn't taste that great. Maybe when you don't even have a sunny day to look forward to, you put too much pressure on the food to be amazing to make up for the lack of sun. I don't know. But last visit we enjoyed the food and this time not so much.

We did the erotic massage too. My experience there is posted in the private playroom. But we gave it a C+/B- rating.

The beach was a seaweed disaster as usual.

The entertainment at night was good but not crazy good. The Dj played some better music this time and it wasn't overwhelmingly loud like last time

The drinks were good...No "funny" alcohol issues.

We felt safe. the current concerns about Safety in Cancun appear overblown, but use your judgement.

We met some very nice people. (if the couple from St Petersburg sees this: We mean you!!!)

Everyone was respectful. We've had a few creepy interactions over the years but this trip was the best from that standpoint.

We have been bouncing back and forth between desire and Hedonism for 5 years. There are pros and cons to both. But after this trip, we are looking forward to Hedo again. The single men are an issue for us there, but last time the food was on point, the rooms have been upgraded and are on par with Desires rooms and the sexy vibe/PDA/PDS scene is a little more consistently present than Desire's. So I think next trip will be back to Hedo.

Don't get me wrong, I would still go to Desire again, but we weren't overwhelmed with excitement after this trip. Im sure most of that was the darn weather which is not the resorts fault, obviously (and the staff did a great job under really bad conditions), but regardless of why we feel this way, we do. So Hedo it is for the next trip.

Peace, Out.
Trifecta
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Re: May 23rd-25th 2018. 2nd time (Yikes. Short trip!!)

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 am

We arrived on the 23rd after spending 4 nights in Puerto Morelos. We were SCHEDULED to leave on the 27th. During the torrential rain Friday morning and looking at the forecast, we decided we had enough. Changed our flight and headed home to 98 and sunny so we could enjoy the holiday weekend. We've made 14 trips to Desire over the years. This was the only bad one. We'll try again next year.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby Sc1015 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Wife and I also agreed that the food wasn’t up to par from last years trip, on Itialian night we both got the Risotto which tasted ok but it was a very unpleasant greenish gray color, same as the Gnocchi that I ordered, we couldn’t finish it. Other than that we had a great time, never been to Hedo, may be too much for us!
Sc1015

Postby werfun » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 pm

When we go to Pearl the end of Oct. maybe we should take a couple of books to read in case it rains. I guess that is one reason we loved Desire Cabo so much, in the more than 40 days that we went there thru out the year (in Feb., May, Aug., Nov.) I can't remember a day that it rained. In our mind there is nothing worse tham spending close to $500 a day to sit inside because of rain.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am

werfun wrote:When we go to Pearl the end of Oct. maybe we should take a couple of books to read in case it rains. I guess that is one reason we loved Desire Cabo so much, in the more than 40 days that we went there thru out the year (in Feb., May, Aug., Nov.) I can't remember a day that it rained. In our mind there is nothing worse tham spending close to $500 a day to sit inside because of rain.

The Playmakers did their best to keep things going in the lobby. Just not the same. We also LOVED Cabo. I really wish Desire would open another one there instead of the 3rd location in the Cancun area.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl