May 31 - June 5, 2018 Trip - 1st Time at Pearl, 2 Negatives

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

May 31 - June 5, 2018 Trip - 1st Time at Pearl, 2 Negatives

Postby MuddyWaters » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

My wife and I went to Pearl for the first time May 31 - June 5 and we both agree we will be returning in the near future. Probably October for my birthday. The resort staff was amazing as you guys on this forum said it would be. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was sexually charged.

I have to say the staff is so accommodating, they put the NBA finals game on in the Disco for us and provided food while we watched the game. The crazy thing is that they apologized profusely because they could not get the game in English, which was not an issue for us.

The food was amazing for every meal we had. We particularly loved, after great sex under the stars, the late night Taco bar.

We met some really nice couples, exchanged information with one, and are hoping we can hang out with some of them again on subsequent trips.

The only issue we had which is not unique to Pearl we experienced the same thing at Hedo. My wife and I were the only African American couple at the resort during our stay and we had one couple tell my wife "we have always wanted to taste some chocolate." Really!!! I understand my wife is very hot and sexy, I understand some people have fantasies that involve other races or nationalities. That is ok, I have my fantasies but my wife is not a piece of candy, she and I are people just like everyone else at the resort. Needless to say we ignored them the rest of the trip. Then we had this guys at the hot tube that was really loud and wanted to get attention started yelling at me saying I was a fan of a certain football team. Long story short he mistaken-ed me for the only other African American guy at the resort during that time. But the part that sickened me is that when I told him I wasn't a fan of the team he keep yelling at me until he realized I was not the guy he spoke to about football and he said "well there are only two black guys here and I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right, that not bad." It took everything I had to keep my composure and not do or say something that would have ruined the evening. We know we will stick out when we book our trips to these types of resorts but its disheartening to have to deal with this in such and open and free environment. Those are the only two negative issue for our trip, well the seaweed would be the third issue but no control over that, everyone else was so nice and we had great conversations with some many amazing people. Our only request, look at us as any other couple at the resort and not as the "BLACK" couple or just for a fantasy.

Those two issues will not stop us from going back to Pearl in October but we felt the need to let people know how we felt and feel about what happened. We hope this post does not offend anyone but gives insight on how minorities can be made to feel in these type of environments.

Thanks
KIK: Juicybooty_1980 and muddywater30
MuddyWaters
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: May 31 - June 5, 2018 Trip - 1st Time at Pearl, 2 Negati

Postby idrease » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:44 pm

MuddyWaters wrote:My wife and I went to Pearl for the first time May 31 - June 5 and we both agree we will be returning in the near future. Probably October for my birthday. The resort staff was amazing as you guys on this forum said it would be. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was sexually charged.

I have to say the staff is so accommodating, they put the NBA finals game on in the Disco for us and provided food while we watched the game. The crazy thing is that they apologized profusely because they could not get the game in English, which was not an issue for us.

The food was amazing for every meal we had. We particularly loved, after great sex under the stars, the late night Taco bar.

We met some really nice couples, exchanged information with one, and are hoping we can hang out with some of them again on subsequent trips.

The only issue we had which is not unique to Pearl we experienced the same thing at Hedo. My wife and I were the only African American couple at the resort during our stay and we had one couple tell my wife "we have always wanted to taste some chocolate." Really!!! I understand my wife is very hot and sexy, I understand some people have fantasies that involve other races or nationalities. That is ok, I have my fantasies but my wife is not a piece of candy, she and I are people just like everyone else at the resort. Needless to say we ignored them the rest of the trip. Then we had this guys at the hot tube that was really loud and wanted to get attention started yelling at me saying I was a fan of a certain football team. Long story short he mistaken-ed me for the only other African American guy at the resort during that time. But the part that sickened me is that when I told him I wasn't a fan of the team he keep yelling at me until he realized I was not the guy he spoke to about football and he said "well there are only two black guys here and I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right, that not bad." It took everything I had to keep my composure and not do or say something that would have ruined the evening. We know we will stick out when we book our trips to these types of resorts but its disheartening to have to deal with this in such and open and free environment. Those are the only two negative issue for our trip, well the seaweed would be the third issue but no control over that, everyone else was so nice and we had great conversations with some many amazing people. Our only request, look at us as any other couple at the resort and not as the "BLACK" couple or just for a fantasy.

Those two issues will not stop us from going back to Pearl in October but we felt the need to let people know how we felt and feel about what happened. We hope this post does not offend anyone but gives insight on how minorities can be made to feel in these type of environments.

Thanks

We were one of two African-American couples at RM during our recent stay. We had an excellent time and met some amazing people. We have also come to expect very few African American couples while on a particular vacation. But that does not give anyone the right to not use common sense and decorum. So it's good you brought it to everyone's attention, that's the only way anyone would truly understand. :L
idrease
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 May 2021

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Not offended at all, nor should it offend others AND thanks for posting it! Typically Pearl and RM are full of open minded people who view others as individuals and not by the color of their skin. Diversity is a beautiful thing, don't let the comments of a couple idiots influence your decision for returning.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby NDC_couple4more » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 pm

We were there the same dates as you, and likely ran into the same individual uttering similar, unsolicited nonsense in our direction (one of us is from north Africa).

Upon learning the individual's origin, and realizing this was a first in our many trips to Pearl, we made an instant judgement based on having had years of first-hand cultural experience living in that individual's country of origin. Our judgement was that this behavior spoke volumes about things that had nothing to at all to do with the usual courtesy and politeness that is the norm of almost all visitors to Pearl.

Sorry you ran into a jerk - it is not the norm, and I would be surprised if it happened again.
NDC_couple4more

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2020

Postby TandD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:08 am

We overlapped with your dates and chatted with you guys briefly in the hot tub. Your wife is beautiful and her neon outfit was drop-dead sexy.

FWIW, sorry you had to deal with this kind of behavior but I'm glad you will be coming back.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Swohnewbie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 am

This is so wrong on multiple levels. Part of the reason we go to Desire is to NOT be judged, and to hang out with possibly the most open minded people on the planet. If someone is open minded enough to see their way past being offended by a public blow job, you’d think that same open mindedness extends beyond just sex. Sadly, it appears it doesn’t. There is no defense here. And sadly, I’d love to tell you it won’t happen again. But I can’t. All I can really say is you’ll never have to worry about that from us. And if we find ourselves at the resort at the same time, you’ll find safe harbor from the ugliness of a vocal minority.

I am curious. What football team elicited such stupidity?
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Postby gymcouple68 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:19 pm

I felt the need to reach out to you . . .I am so sorry that you experienced such moronic behavior at Pearl. My husband and I have been there 6x and are about to return on July 2nd. We love meeting people from all over the world, conversing with them, and even making lifelong friends. In such an open and uninhibited atmosphere, you and your wife should NEVER have experienced this type of horrible behavior. I am sorry that you did. It sounds like you are still planning to return, which is great because it truly is a very special place . . barring "idiots" like those who were downright rude. I hope sometime, we have the opportunity to meet you, and that all of the other folks that you did meet and enjoyed speaking with made up for the two who you could have done without . . :)
gymcouple68

We arrive on: 02 Jul 2018

Postby Orange88 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:32 pm

This trip report got me thinking. My extended family is mixed race. We've got a good mix of black hair/dark eyes/dark skin, blond hair/ blue eyes/ pale skin, brunette/ green eyes/ olive skin. Don't give much thought to any of it other than wishing I wasn't one of the pale skinned ones. Would be nice not applying sunblock every 45 minutes.

Anyway, i'm also one who had the opportunity to live for a couple years in a foreign country where I was one of about a dozen registered white guys in the city (foreigners on a Visa had to register at each city). When reading this report, I was reminded of walking down the street everyday hearing "DiCaprio" whispered or yelled multiple times per day. Let's just say I look nothing like DiCaprio. Adam Levine maybe... When the hot water went out at home, public bathhouses were a real treat as eyes were glued to my crotch the whole time. It wasn't long before I was told that they expect all tall white guys to be hung.

Most days I'd just graciously ignore it. But in my mind I was usually thinking "you really can't tell that I don't look like him at all?" It didn't take long to realize that they weren't calling me DiCaprio. They were calling me "White Guy". They were just very vocal in their ignorance. I'm not calling them ignorant in a demeaning way, rather as a description of their lack of familiarity and understanding. They weren't just unfamiliar with discerning different traits of white people, they were unaware that telling someone repeatedly "all you white guys look the same" is very unsophistacated and ignorant.

Admittedly, it was a bit different as I was the foreigner there. I dont have the right impose my mentality on their very homogeneous culture. In the end, I'm glad that you guys were able to take it stride at Desire. Life's too short to waste energy being offended by people who just haven't learned how to think yet. You handled it correctly. Enjoy your vacation in the moment and then reaffirm to those who care here that your differentiating traits aren't someone else's fantasy props.

As a side note in the same vein... it's not uncommon on these boards to hear about fantasies involving a well hung black guy. I don't see a whole lot of difference between that fantasy and what the OP is referring to. How can he expect for others to not see him as "the black fantasy prop" when more than a handful of posters here openly hope for the opportunity to objectify him or someone similar during their vacation? Just sayin'...
Orange88
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Swohnewbie » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Not to take this down a rat hole, but two things:
1. Being the “one different” person in another country is a WHOLE LOT different than being treated that way by people from your own country.
2. Just because people have a fantasy, does not excuse them from treating others with respect. My wife has big ass titties. Someone walking up to her and just saying “hey - I’d like to f**k your big ass titties” wouldn’t be received or end well. Even at Desire.

To the OP - I feel bad. Your post has gone sideways when I think you were just tying to educate. And you shouldn’t have to bear that burden alone.

To O88 - don’t read me wrong. I don’t question your intentions, just felt that needed to be said.

To all - can we now get back to talking about how great “titties” are? Because they are all great, regardless.
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Well said, love big tities, small tities....all of them!

Cheers!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby MuddyWaters » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 am

Swohnewbie it was the Dallas Cowboys...I agree this post was just to inform people. I understand people have fantasies but there is a correct way to speak to the people who can fulfill that fantasy. Now back to Tits, Ass and Naked Fun.
MuddyWaters
Desire Fan

Postby brewandsue » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:09 pm

MuddyWaters wrote:Swohnewbie it was the Dallas Cowboys...I agree this post was just to inform people. I understand people have fantasies but there is a correct way to speak to the people who can fulfill that fantasy. Now back to Tits, Ass and Naked Fun.

MuddyWaters, you rock! Thank you for being honest and clear in your communications. Sorry you had those negative experiences but at least you know those foolish types are part of a very small minority at Desire RM and Pearl. We hope that, in the balance, your experiences at Desire continue to be 99% positive!
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby MuddyWaters » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:23 am

Thank for the support and understanding...we are booked for October at Pearl and time isn't moving fast enough. We will never let a few individuals prevent us from living our life. There will always be differences, we just wanted our perspective to be known. We just want understanding so we all can enjoy our times at Desire openly, happy and drama free!!!
MuddyWaters
Desire Fan

Postby Platinum » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

We have been to Desire Pearl for the last 2 years in December & we were the only African Americans there we met some great people had a lot of fun I just hated that we didn’t get anyone’s number so we could keep in touch. Sorry you had that idiot there but that’s not the norm. I still call the young lady we met outside the disco while getting a slice of pizza the pizza girl wish we had gotten her name & number she seen to be a lot of fun. So don’t let that stop you from going maybe you & your wife will met your pizza girl and have just great conversation
Platinum
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Dec 2019

Postby desireaddict » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 am

At Hedo III (RIP) an African American couple approached my wife as she was getting her drink refreshed at the swim up bar. The lady gently took my wife's hand and placed it on her hubby's dick while she asked: "Have you ever felt a BBC (not the acronym)?" My wife, always cool, calm, and collected, just smiled real big and replied, "I have now." I suppose some would have been offended (regardless of who it was that made such a bold move with an unattended lady in the pool) but she(we) considered it provocative, but not offensive. We're sure there was no intent to be offensive. In fact, we just laughed about that experience again recently and this post brought it to mind again. I certainly do hope that the Desire guest who made the "chocolate comment" to you did not intend to be offensive in any way. I feel they'd be very sorry to know that it was. It's often the case that alcohol slows down the brain but speeds up the mouth. (Occasionally, I've found that I had to remove my foot before I could speak an apology.)

One of the greatest things about Desire is the vast diversity of people you meet. Since we're Americans (* see note below), we are only fluent in English (if not drinking), and we have had great fun struggling in conversations with guests who spoke French, Russian, Spanish, etc. Of course, some things are the same in every language (esp applicable at Desire). :bj We would hate for anyone reading about such an unfortunate experience to change their mind about going to Desire and I'm certainly glad to hear that you plan to return!

* What do you call someone who speaks two languages -- bi-lingual.
What do you call someone who speaks three languages -- tri-lingual.
What do you call someone who speaks only one language -- American.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl