First time Pearl Report October 14-20, 2018

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First time Pearl Report October 14-20, 2018

Postby tccouple » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 pm

We have been to Desire RM twice on previous vacations, and when we got notice we had some free time in October we immediately went to book a trip to our favorite resort! Unfortunately RM was booked for a few of our available days, so we decided to give Pearl a try this time. While we are not lifestyle folks, "we dont swing buy we sway" definitely applies to us. We keep and open mind and are there for each other first foremost. Any friends we meet for a little extracurricular actives is nice, but not our priority. We are their for the sexy atmosphere, sun, relaxation, meeting new friends, dancing, and having a great time. Our Desire trips are the highlight of our year!

We joined a group for our date range as we have found that is a great way to meet people ahead of time and have always enjoyed it. The groups for our previous trips were filled with a lot of sexy pictures and video sharing and other sex related chit chat, while this trips group for our dates was a little more subdued. We did not have as much free time before our trip to chat this time, but it did seem to reflect the general consensus that Pearl is a little more laid back and reserved vs RM. That being said, its always nice to get to the resort and already know a few friendly faces.

After a quick direct flight, we got on to our USA Transfer and headed straight to the resort. I do wish USA transfers would let me prepay online via CC instead of having them call our card info in on the ride. I just felt better paying cash instead. We bought our customary road trip beers from our driver and had the van to ourselves. USA always has friendly drivers and this was no different as he took us along the beach front road telling us about the different resorts as we drove by. When we are arrived to check in...that great Desire smell let us know we made it! The desk staff was as helpful as always. We declined the member pitch since we are not at that stage of committal yet, and unlike RM, they never pushed us again once we said no. Unfortunately at RM they have been a little aggressive with the member pitch on past trips. It was nice to see at Pearl they follow their own golden rule of "no means no"!

Our room was not ready yet so staff was kind enough to let us know we could go into the spa and got changed right away. My wife got into the tiniest g-string I could buy (known as our "Desire bathing suit"), some matching nipple rings, neon hair extensions, heels I picked out, and we were to the pool within minutes....my awesome wife is a good sport and indulges me dressing her like a neon sparkle covered unicorn. Nowhere else on earth could I pickout such over the top sexy pool attire for her to wear, and its one of my favorite aspects of our time at Desire. No one cares, and always makes for great conversation. They let us use a spa locker to store our valuables until our room was ready.

We were familiar with the pool routine at RM, so we talked to the pool staff and were quickly setup in chairs by the "active" part of the pool as we requested. Unlike RM, there are no cabana beds on the active side which we were a bit disappointed to find. We always prefer to lay next to each other, which is a bit difficult on chairs with the small drink table between them. I liked the bigger pool at Pearl and having a quiet side, but it did seem to lend to less conversation than you have at RM.

The pool activities and Players seemed much more subdued at Pearl vs RM. No surfboard games, no Players going around with shots, etc. The Players were enjoyable at Pearl, but seemed to interact a lot less than their RM counterparts.

The beach was really bad with seaweed and that kept us from spending too much time there. I felt bad for the staff that had to try and fight that battle. I feel like a AWD mule or atv with shovel or rake attachment might help them get it removed quicker than one barrow full at a time, but I don't know if its even possible to put a dent in the onslaught of seaweed they have to deal with.

We checked into our room. Fridge stocked with beer and soda. Extremely clean. A nice TV (which we will never use :) ) The rooms were nice, a bit larger with more of a Mexican feel at Pearl. The RM rooms are a little smaller, but we appreciate the more modern decor at RM - large mirrors, black/white color scheme, etc. (We like to take some sexy videos in our room, and RM fits what we enjoy more for that)!

We hit the afternoon hot tub after we got settled in our room. We liked that we didn't have to wobble up stairs to get to it after a few drinks. Its much bigger and more spread out than RM. The extra space to move would be nice if you were a first timer and need a little more personal space as the RM hot tub can be a little overwhelming your first time! However, we were looking forward to a some RM hot tub craziness and were a bit disappointed that it was a little more subdued with people keeping to themselves a bit. We still got to mingling and it was nice to be able to move around easily at Pearl. My wifes clip-on nipple rings made a great conversation starter, and everyone was friendly and having fun. Bar tenders were quick and friendly....though they ran out of Vodka one of our days?! One day a woman guest was celebrating her birthday and the couple skipped lunch and got waaay too drunk and nearly passed out in the hot tub. A few guests helped the male half onto a bed by the hot tub, and his wife soon joined him. We made sure to check on them a few times throughout the night, but we would have felt better if some staff had provided some level of care to them instead of drunk, naked vacationers. Unlike RM, the hot tub beds at Pearl were rarely used for their intended purpose...sex! Most people just sat and snuggled on the beds while watching the hot tub. We were not too keen on that. The signs on the hot tub beds should read "for sex only" :) Only one set of couples put on a show during hot tub time on the beds in all of our six days. We had sex on the beds a few times during hot tub time at RM since it was common there. My wife was not comfortable to be the only one on display at Pearl though.

Food was comparable to RM trips, but I think Id give the edge to RM. We love teppanyaki grill so we missed that from RM. We tried Unik and enjoyed our meal quite a bit. The bruscetta tapas and beef medallions were delicious. Breakfasts were good, and we enjoyed that we could always ask for something and the staff would try and accommodate. I had a ham/cheese omelette for a few breakfasts and really enjoyed it. Their bacon and sausage were definitely below par however. I dont think I have overly high of standards for breakfast meat, but have never thought Desires bacon and sausage was very edible. My wife enjoys the assorted fruits and fruit drinks. Service was always quick and very friendly.

Evening entertainment was good. The bands and different dancers were great, particularly the rope performers on Red Night. The Pearl DJ was quite repetitive however, and even when we made requests he cut them short and went back to playing the same Bon Jovi and John Cougar songs each night. I know its hard to please a diverse range of ages and tastes when you are a DJ, but if the dance floor clears out its time to switch up what you're doing! We love the playroom at RM....big, dark, mirrors, behind a door. My wife was completely uninterested in using the Pearl playroom though. No door, BRIGHT, and we never saw it being used. They need to figure out something better for that.

Post dancing entertainment: Evening hot tubs were fun. However, we missed the custom pizzas and BLTs from RM!! I guess with the smaller occupancy its not worth it to do at Pearl, but man the BLTs were sometimes our motivation to get out of bed and make it out to the theme nights at RM.

Overall, we definitely enjoyed our time at Pearl. The new friends we met, the dancing, food, sun, staff, all made for a memorable trip. If we were to recommend a sexy vacation to first timers, we would probably recommend Pearl instead of RM as it eases you into it. For us though, I think we will stick with RM for future trips.

We cant wait to get back to a Desire resort and are planning how to fit in a new trip as soon as possible. Our times are Desire are great fun, and what we look forward to more than anything else all year.
tccouple
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Apr 2020

Re: First time Pearl Report October 14-20, 2018

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Too bad you guys were not there when we were there, Oct 3-7. We played on the beds a few times, one of those times was with another couple and another was with me a the male half of a couple we had meet. And of course, you missed all the ass shots that I started. We love Pearl and will not go back to RM because we do not care for it (we have been 2xs), but know everyone has their preferences. Glad you were able to visit Pearl though so now you have a comparison from personal experience when people ask you why you prefer RM.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: First time Pearl Report October 14-20, 2018

Postby tccouple » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:20 pm

Too bad we missed you! You guys sound like fun :)

With all of our chats with return visitors this trip, it definitely seemed like the people who loved Pearl really loved Pearl and vice versa! Its awesome to have both. There may be a time when I really want the more relaxed vibe, and Pearl will always be an option. I mean, we had so much fun that I cant say anything really would stop me from going to Pearl again.

Regarding my original post, which I cant seem to edit...it seems like a particular chat app I mentioned in the second paragraph was removed/censored. Not sure why? Reads a little weird now. Ill change the working to remove the name of the app but still make some sense :)

We joined a phone based chat group for our date range as we have found that is a great way to meet people ahead of time and have always enjoyed it. The chat groups for our previous trips were filled with a lot of sexy pictures and video sharing and other sex related chit chat, while this trips group chat for our dates was a little more subdued. We did not have as much free time before our trip to chat this time, but it did seem to reflect the general consensus that Pearl is a little more laid back and reserved vs RM. That being said, its always nice to get to the resort and already know a few friendly faces.
tccouple
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Apr 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl