First timers Dec 4- Dec 12th, 2018 Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First timers Dec 4- Dec 12th, 2018 Trip Report

Postby mnjvegas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm

First Timers 12/4-12/12 Desire Pearl

About us - We are 40 somethings from Las Vegas. We are Lifestyle people. We rarely ever drink. We have been to Hedo/temptations/Lifestyle takeovers in Las Vegas so this wasn't our first rodeo. I work for a hotel that's 5 star/5 diamond in Vegas so I'm attuned to good customer service.

Getting there- Our flight arrived late at night and we did not want to waste a day of the resort so day "Zero" we stayed in Puerto Morelos. This way we could rest up and check in bright and early on day 1. We had a late dinner in town and bought some stuff we needed at the grocery store before heading to the resort. If i may add this is the nicest grocery store I've been in my life.. revolving sushi..great bakery..coffee bar..pharmacy..it was amazing.

Check in- We had purchased originally on the secret cyber sale so we knew what room we were getting. We didn't do the express check in and it didn't seem to matter it was super fast. We did take the bait on the time share pitch seemed like a nice deal for an hour conversation. Since our room wasn't ready yet we threw our bags in the spa locker and hit the pool.

Room- We stayed Ocean View bottom floor next to the quiet pool. Room was great! Like most people your really not in the room a lot unless your sleeping or entertaining. Our only complaint ( only 1 for whole trip) was that the back slider wouldn't lock. Called front desk twice to fix and no one ever came to fix. Two of our buddies had same issue in their ground floor rooms. Wasn't a big deal was just odd they never followed through. The maid service was on point every day

Pool- The pool was always warm which the Mrs loved! The pool attendants were always "Jonny on the spot" to get your chairs reserved/set up. They were really great about setting us up in the same spot every day. The wait staff was excellent. As I mentioned before we do not drink but Miguel always kept the waters and Virgin drinks coming and would set us up with a bucket of ice and bottled waters everyday. The pool activities were fun and kept the day interesting. The entertainment crew ( playmakers) were very welcoming when we got there and if we didn't want to participate in something they didn't hassle us after a no thanks. We participated in many of the events and the ones we didn't do were fun to watch others do it.

Hot tub- Was very nice and social. It wasn't a mass orgy so non LS people need not fear it. People played around in the hot tub and on the beds. Everything seemed well maintained and it was a toasty nice temperature always.

Aphrodite- We ate here breakfast and lunch only. The food was great for us. We liked the selection and if we wanted something off the menu that wasn't listed the Chef would come out and take the order personally ( chef jesus) . The wait staff was awesome and always remembered us and what we drank and would bring it with the greeting. We aren't Foodees but everything seemed great and we had no issue with food quality or taste. They would set up a grill on the outside for lunch for many of the days we were there and it was a nice touch.

Uniq- We only ate here once. Amazing service. Food quality was great. Its more of a tapas place . Service seemed to be a very slow pace.

Pearl- We really loved this place. The wait staff was amazing and we liked the flow of service better than uniq. They alternated the menu (French/Mediteranean/Italian). They had a dress code but it wasn't bad. I wore slacks but twice I forgot and wore jeans and it wasn't a big deal ..Basically pants..closed toe shoes for guys..ladies wore normal dinner clothes. We ate here 6 out of our 7 nights so we really did enjoy it.

Room service- We hadn't planned on ordering any during the trip but our lunch waiter would ask us what we wanted for breakfast and have it delivered to the room whatever time we told him to bring it. It was great to eat breakfast on our back porch and looking at the ocean.

Lifestyle- It wasn't hard to find people who were interested in the same thing you were . We had no issue finding people we were attracted to and having some adult fun. We met alot of fun people that we hope to meet again when they come to Las Vegas. We fooled around in the spa..on the beds..in the pool..on the beach sometimes at night sometimes during they day. Never had an issue with anything ( creepers/judgers etc)

Vanilla people- We made many friends with vanilla types there. If your not into the LS or even thinking about it you will have fun at this resort . None of our friends seemed pressured into anything. They enjoyed watching the shows but no one made them uncomfortable with unwanted advances atleast thats what I got from all the conversations. My wife and I are super outgoing so we loved talking to everyone.

The crowd- Most of the people there seemed older than us (50s-60s). If i had to guess 20% was our age or younger (45). People were all shapes and sizes. The beautiful thing about these type of places is nobody gives a shit. No one cares if you have stretch marks..thicker..small boobs etc. Most people were naked but there would be a handful of girls guys wearing bottoms but no one cared. My wife was bottomless 75% of the time but no one said anything or looked differently at her if she wore her bottoms so don't stress about it at all
KiK: coolgeeks
mnjvegas
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: First timers Dec 4- Dec 12th, 2018 Trip Report

Postby mnjvegas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Part 2

Sales pitch- Our guy wasn't high pressure or anything we listened to what they had to say. Explained why we were not interested and that was it. My wife got a free massage out of the deal and we got day passes to RM so it was worth the hour in my opinion. Also for people who would come back year after year the deal does make sense.

Town- We walked to town almost everyday. Its only 25 min walk at a slow pace. We liked walking the beach so it was nice. A lot of cool stuff in town so its worth the short walk...and check out that grocery store in the center of town.

Massage- My wife did the mud massage at the resort it was the freeby with the sales pitch and she liked it. We didnt do any of the erotic ones . We found willing hotel guests to massage us! We did stop by massage place on the way to town several days . The place is called conico its the first place you hit walking towards town ( 10 min walk) the massages were great and they only cost 30 for the hour. We went there about 4 times.

Show/Disco- the shows were nice every night . Sometimes the crowd was the show and that was fun also. My wife makes costumes as a hobby so she dressed up each night. I did it a few times but mostly seems like the ladies do it . My wife doesnt have a shy bone in her body so she volunteered for the naughtical night stripper competition dressed in a mermaid costume she hand made..she didnt win but had fun anyway. The hotel really goes out of their way to entertain everyone and it shows. The playmakers were always there to get the dancefloor going after the show.

Playmakers- These guys did a great job all week! Very respectful..Very Engaging..we tipped a few of them on our last day. I dont think most people do but they did a really great job and we wanted to show it.

Tipping- We are in the service industry so we are more attuned to tipping than most people there i think. We didn't notice anyone getting slower/bad service because they weren't tipping. The staff was very appreciative of whatever they got the way we did it was
    Maid - 5
    Breakfast/lunch-5
    Dinner 10 or 20
    Pool attendant - 10
    Pool waiter/bartender- 20 at the beginning to cover us for the day
This is just what we did i'm sure depending on the person its low or high but just throwing it out there for new people going for first time.

Hedo Vs Desire Pearl- In our humble opinion Pearl wins out in every category..service..rooms..beach..food..entertainment..traveling..value etc

Time to bring this Bitch home..

Summing it up- It was one of our best Vacations we have ever taken. The level of customer service at this resort was top notch. We weren't treated differently being first timers and people were very helpful with suggestions if they saw the yellow bracelet. No one will bother you unless you want to be bothered, vanilla people should not be afraid of this place. Our seven days went by really fast here and we cant find one bad thing about our week there ( maybe the door locking). Hopefully this report finds someone who is going for the first time or curious about going and will help make up their mind. We will definately come back!

Thanks for reading this grammar/punctuation travesty!

P.s If the couple we messed around with from Florida on their last night is reading this send us a message!! We forgot your contact info
mnjvegas
Desire Fan

Postby tj48 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Nice report, thanks for taking time to inform us first timers that the pressure is simply not there.

Did you use pass to RM? If so, how did that go? Comparisons to Pearl?
Kik nwty1 and nwty3
tj48
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Mar 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie nwtycpl

Postby Beachcplfl » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:38 pm

We can’t believe it! It’s our favorite mermaid and bartender!!! You two were amazing and made our last night so much fun!!! We were kicking ourselves that we hadn’t written down your contact info. We will try and figure out how to pm you through here.

PS there was another couple from Missouri who were also incredible and we lost the coaster with your contact info. If you see this, send us a note as well!
Beachcplfl

We arrive on: 03 May 2017

Postby mnjvegas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:37 pm

tj48 wrote:Nice report, thanks for taking time to inform us first timers that the pressure is simply not there.

Did you use pass to RM? If so, how did that go? Comparisons to Pearl?

Sadly we didn't make it to RM since we were having too much fun at Pearl to leave..maybe next trip we will make it over there for a few days!
mnjvegas
Desire Fan

Postby K&RinTX » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:13 pm

We just returned also and would say your review is spot-on with our experience. In regards to the age of the guests we also thought it was skewed slightly toward the older side this week but was still a great crowd, this was our 10th trip or so and the crowd is always a bit different.
Thanks for taking the time to write a great report!
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby NakedInLove » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:07 am

Is the grocery store new? Last time we were there, there was only a small convenience store in the middle of town and the only grocery store was out by the highway.
NakedInLove
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jun 2017

Postby mnjvegas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:14 am

NakedInLove wrote:Is the grocery store new? Last time we were there, there was only a small convenience store in the middle of town and the only grocery store was out by the highway.

Its called Super Chedraui Selecto Puerto Morelos Playa. Its just half a block south of the main plaza there. The manager told me it had recently opened. Super clean nice place..didn't seem expensive to us. Definitely worth a visit the first day to grab some stuff you didn't want to fly down with.
mnjvegas
Desire Fan

Postby NakedInLove » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am

mnjvegas wrote:Its called Super Chedraui Selecto Puerto Morelos Playa. Its just half a block south of the main plaza there. The manager told me it had recently opened. Super clean nice place..didn't seem expensive to us. Definitely worth a visit the first day to grab some stuff you didn't want to fly down with.

Does it have liquor and a pharmacy?
NakedInLove
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2017

Postby HOTELLIE » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Thank you so much for the informative post!
HOTELLIE

Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swingers Board

Postby mnjvegas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 am

NakedInLove wrote:
mnjvegas wrote:Its called Super Chedraui Selecto Puerto Morelos Playa. Its just half a block south of the main plaza there. The manager told me it had recently opened. Super clean nice place..didn't seem expensive to us. Definitely worth a visit the first day to grab some stuff you didn't want to fly down with.

Does it have liquor and a pharmacy?

Yeah they do..I didnt look at prices on booze but the pharmacy was reasonable. I did look for that alcohol infused whipcream but they didnt have any. I don't even know if they sell it in mexico. Just a heads up if you go there that the baggers just work on tips(volunteers) so throw them a buck if you can.
mnjvegas
Desire Fan

Postby jaycher » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:52 am

mnjvegas wrote:

:lol:
jaycher

We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby Wifeyswing » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:32 pm

nice report. Thanks for the info on town and the massage spot on the way.

One comment......As for tipping, we’ve done some but not much. It really defeats the all-inclusive concept that you pay the lump sum and relax and no need to bring, carry, and distribute cash. The fear is tippers get good service and non-tippers don’t. Some employees at some all inclusive resorts are punished/fired for accepting them.
Wifeyswing
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Dec 2018

Postby Maria&Manu » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:03 pm

mnjvegas wrote:Part 2

Sales pitch- Our guy wasn't high pressure or anything we listened to what they had to say. Explained why we were not interested and that was it. My wife got a free massage out of the deal and we got day passes to RM so it was worth the hour in my opinion. Also for people who would come back year after year the deal does make sense.

Town- We walked to town almost everyday. Its only 25 min walk at a slow pace. We liked walking the beach so it was nice. A lot of cool stuff in town so its worth the short walk...and check out that grocery store in the center of town.

Massage- My wife did the mud massage at the resort it was the freeby with the sales pitch and she liked it. We didnt do any of the erotic ones . We found willing hotel guests to massage us! We did stop by massage place on the way to town several days . The place is called conico its the first place you hit walking towards town ( 10 min walk) the massages were great and they only cost 30 for the hour. We went there about 4 times.

Show/Disco- the shows were nice every night . Sometimes the crowd was the show and that was fun also. My wife makes costumes as a hobby so she dressed up each night. I did it a few times but mostly seems like the ladies do it . My wife doesnt have a shy bone in her body so she volunteered for the naughtical night stripper competition dressed in a mermaid costume she hand made..she didnt win but had fun anyway. The hotel really goes out of their way to entertain everyone and it shows. The playmakers were always there to get the dancefloor going after the show.

Playmakers- These guys did a great job all week! Very respectful..Very Engaging..we tipped a few of them on our last day. I dont think most people do but they did a really great job and we wanted to show it.

Tipping- We are in the service industry so we are more attuned to tipping than most people there i think. We didn't notice anyone getting slower/bad service because they weren't tipping. The staff was very appreciative of whatever they got the way we did it was
    Maid - 5
    Breakfast/lunch-5
    Dinner 10 or 20
    Pool attendant - 10
    Pool waiter/bartender- 20 at the beginning to cover us for the day
This is just what we did i'm sure depending on the person its low or high but just throwing it out there for new people going for first time.

Hedo Vs Desire Pearl- In our humble opinion Pearl wins out in every category..service..rooms..beach..food..entertainment..traveling..value etc

Summing it up- It was one of our best Vacations we have ever taken. The level of customer service at this resort was top notch. We weren't treated differently being first timers and people were very helpful with suggestions if they saw the yellow bracelet. No one will bother you unless you want to be bothered, vanilla people should not be afraid of this place. Our seven days went by really fast here and we cant find one bad thing about our week there ( maybe the door locking). Hopefully this report finds someone who is going for the first time or curious about going and will help make up their mind. We will definately come back!

Thanks for reading this grammar/punctuation travesty!

P.s If the couple we messed around with from Florida on their last night is reading this send us a message!! We forgot your contact info

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for this valuable information!!!!
My wife and I are going to D_RM (for our first time) next week and though your report is about Pearl, I gather that much of the info applies to both resorts.
You see? Someone may think that Lifestyle resorts are all the same wherever you go, but it certainly is NOT the case.
We live in Europe and we have been going different resorts in Cap d'Adge for 7 years in a row, now. Twice per year.
But Desire resorts seem to be SOOO MUCH different!!!
I wouldn't dare to say "better or worse" (not al least until we go to D_RM next week, for our first time), just "different".

Thank you for the tipping information, that was VERY valuable!! Specially coming from professionals (as you are) in that industry.

And of course, the rest of the info....useful!!

Complete, thorough, nicely written information in both your posts....THANK YOU!!
Maria&Manu
Maria&Manu
Desire Fan

We are from: Spain
We arrive on: 06 Jan 2019

Postby Don & Jeanne » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 pm

Great Report! Sorry if I'm slow on the uptake, where those daily tips?
Don of (Don & Jeanne)
Kasidie & Kik: DueTeste
MeWe: Due Teste
Don & Jeanne
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl