First time, Dec. 16 to 22nd 2018

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First time, Dec. 16 to 22nd 2018

Postby D&KJ » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:02 am

Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for all the help and advice I got from this forum pre-trip. You guy and girls really put me and my wife at ease.
A little about us first. We are not lifestyle. We are not nudists. We have never liked resorts. We live in a resort town, and see the best and worst of resort goers, but generally only remember the worst of them. I was hesitant when my wife suggested we go on a winter vacation to a place where there wasn't much to do but sit around by a pool. I pictured screaming children, drunk a-holes, and overpriced drinks and meals. But, it's what the wife wanted and I started shopping for a place to go. Pearl seemed like an adventure I might enjoy . I was sort of surprised when my wife didn't immediately just say something like "are you nuts? no way I am going to a naked resort where people have sex in public".

Day one: After being up for more than 30 hours, we arrived in the lobby at desire. I think we were a little too tired to really comprehend anything that they were explaining. Maggy at the front desk realized this and got us into our room. It was around 1:30 PM or so. I don't remember a lot of the first days details except that we ended up at the pool. My beautiful wife is very modest and has very fair skin. Even though we live in a resort town on a big clean lake, rarely will even wear a swim suit. She should, shes skinny, young looking, and very sexy. She wore a one piece and a cover up. I just took off all my clothes and hopped in. (I was raised by hippies, nudity is not really a big deal to me)

Too hours into it, I woke up on my pool chair from a short nap, my wife had her one piece pulled down to her waist. We had a drink or two, got dressed again and got some dinner at Aphrodite. It was an okay dinner, I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been up for nearly 2 days at this point. Early to bed for us. Day one over.

Day two: I'll just cut to the naked. Wife was full nude by 9AM, never saw that swim suit again.

We both became very comfortable being nude. The more nights we spent in the hot tub, the more comfortable we felt hold and touching each other with other naked people around us (the amazing drinks helped too). There were many trips back to our room, some short, some quite long and exploratory. We got pretty caught up in the atmosphere. We were falling in love again. Not love like the kind that gets a couple through the hard stuff, we already have that 10 fold. The kind of f**k me right here and now sort of love that kids call love before they know about the other kind, the new girl friend your obsessed with kind of love.

I don't know if I can finish this review right now. I've saved the draft twice. I still have not been home. We are a 4 hour drive away from our life and our dogs at the in laws for Christmas. I'll post what I have written so far and continue through out this week.
So.....to be continued.......
D&KJ
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2019

Re: First time, Dec. 16 to 22nd 2018

Postby Heathencpl » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Definitely looking to hear the rest of this.
Heathen: A person who doesn't hold to the same beliefs as the societal "norm"
1 trip-pearl
SDC/Kasidie - Heathencpl
Heathencpl
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 15 Dec 2020

Postby mr&mrssnow » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:45 pm

I’d like to hear the rest of the story.
Desire Rm
Nov. 16
May. 18
May. 19
mr&mrssnow
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swingingheaven

Postby D&KJ » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Okay, I have a bit of time to continue...

After the second day we pretty much just fell into the groove of being at Pearl, the most wonderful and relaxing resort on earth.
Instead of a day by day trip report, I'll just continue on with the stuff I remember most.

The food. If I could have picked the perfect breakfast buffet, it would look exactly like Aphrodite. I ate locks, sushimi, bacon, and fruit every day. The beet juice and the green juice was amazing and both pretty much cancel out all the drinking from the day before. Anyone have the recipe for the green juice?
Unik was great, we ate there more times than Pearl, but mostly because they had openings at better times for us. Pearl was great too. If I had had more days, I would have eaten at both equally. The late night tacos are awesome, I didn't try the pizza, but it looked good too.

The service. Amazing. I can't say enough about how good it was.

The other guests. I was warned in advance by my wife to be careful of the conversations I have while here. We both thought that even small slips in conversation of who I am and what I believe may be enough to alienate entire groups of people. Not really political talk, I am so sick of that crap I do not care to discus any of it, especially on vacation. But my hobbies, and former occupation brings out the geek in me, a detailed conversation about titanium springs is not fun to most, but I met several other guys who I was able to talk nerdy guy stuff with.
If there had been conversations about politics (I think we all know enough to FTFU before getting into one) I think a lot of the guests were surprisingly Libertarians that leaned to the right financially and the left socially. Lots of small rural townsfolk like us. I think I would get along with many of the people I met in the real world as well.

The playmakers are some happy and hard working people. How do they stay so happy and keep the party going everyday? My wife talked to Lilly a bit. Her and Roberto showed quite a bit of concern for my wife's sunburn that she got on the first day. Charlie looks like he may be an interesting guy with an interesting story, next time I hope I can talk to him a bit.

We went from awkward being naked, to my wife wishing she would have brought better stuff to wear at theme nights and dancing in a basically see through dress. We didn't have any hot tub sex, neither of us really like sex in water much, but had it been 10 degrees warmer, would have probably used the hot tubs beds. 3 days into Pearl and we never bothered closing our ground floor curtains and sliding glass door during any of our activities. There was a little sex going on in the hot tub beds, and we saw guys getting blowjobs in the hot tub a couple times. It really isn't a big deal, and it is easier not to stare than it would be to actually stare.

I am 49, she is 59. We fit right into the age groups. Some younger people showed up Friday night. Didn't see most of them at the hot tub after the show and dancing. It was either too cold, or their just wimps with early bed times. The best way to have fun in your 20's is to just work your ass off and wait to do your partying 20's the right way, when your 50. A lot of guests at pearl certainly seem to have followed this path.

I want to go to the Art of Touch classes. My wife felt that it may be a step too far for her this time. So, we made up a tantric sort of game.
I go down on her for exactly one minute, no more no less, used the timer in my phone. Then she does the same for me. We did this 3 or 4 times through out the day. This built up the 'Desire" and ended in one of the best sex sessions of the trip (also with sliding glass door and curtains wide open) We'll play that game at home too (except with curtains closed, not that it matters much were we live) I think we found a way to make house cleaning days more interesting.

Before going, I kept asking my wife if she was going to shave. It had been a while since she has gone smooth. She was a little apprehensive to shave everything, but she did. Turns out, so does everyone. I think I saw one bush and maybe a few landing strips. Shaved is the norm at Desire for both men and women. I groomed mine to blend with my chest and stomach hair, and shaved smooth around the base and balls. I think I achieved a clean and nice naked look.

Things I would change or improve? I really don't have many suggestions for Pearl. They do an amazing job. Some sort of heat source around the hot tub at night would be nice, but for how many days a year it would be used, I am not sure it would be worth it.
When I go back, and according to my wife, we are going back, I may try to go in a month other than December. I will also fly direct from Seattle rather than changing flights in Houston. I am not sure what month would be better for us next time, maybe February? March may be okay too, but I usually have a pretty full March with work stuff. We'll figure it out.

I may add some more thoughts about the trip later, or not.

TLDR version: Pearl rocked, if you have not been there yet, you need to go.
D&KJ
Desire Lover

Postby Darin & Melissa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:46 pm

October is a great time to go, in our opinion, it is still warm in the evenings, but not freezing. When we were there in October, we used the hot tub beds a few times in the evenings without being cold at all. We did go in February and were cold by the hot tub, so will not go that early again. We have done April, the water in the pool was freezing in the mornings, July it was waaaay too hot in July to even think of hanging out for very long in the hot tub.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby D&KJ » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:03 pm

We may try October next time, or come in October, leave in November. Halloween theme night might be fun.
Our main purpose of taking a resort vacation is to get away from home during the darkest and coldest weeks, that is December and January. This year, October was absolutely beautiful at home and it would have been hard to leave, but to leave and go to Pearl, that'd different.

D.
D&KJ
Desire Lover

Postby Don & Jeanne » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 pm

I looked at average weather charts and figured the best temp's and least chance of rain is March-April. We booked a Jr. Suite and requested it be on the ground floor. There are two on the party end of the pool. Crossing our fingers. We don't expect to close the curtains either. Glad you two had a great time.
Don of (Don & Jeanne)
Kasidie & Kik: DueTeste
MeWe: Due Teste
Don & Jeanne
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby Dani'stoy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Great report(s). We had a very similar experience. Wife had never even been skinny dipping before but by day two she was running around naked and giving body shots off her tits! The place is crazy fun! We even went to a house in Sun River with friends over the Christmas break this year and none of the other ladies would even get in the hot tub but my girl stripped naked and jumped in with the boys! She won't do clothes in a hot tub anymore..she was spoiled by Desire! As for weather we have been in October and February and it was always warm and pleasant. even at night. We're going this year in November so we'll see.
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl