Trip report 3/7/19 to 3/14/19 (First time)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip report 3/7/19 to 3/14/19 (First time)

Postby T12 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Time to pay it forward to others considering a trip to Desire Pearl.

This was the first trip of this kind for us. We're not in the LS, in our early 60's and we were looking for a relaxing place where my wife could go topless. I actually booked the trip prior to joining the forum. My wife was on board, but the forum made us feel like we had a really good handle on what our experience would be like. I read virtually everything on the forum and relayed most everything that was pertinent to my wife. But I will say, as the shuttle got close to the hotel, we did say, "what did we get ourselves into?" I'll give you our thoughts below:

Check-in: This went very smoothly. We were offered champagne and a cool towel. We arrived about 11 a.m. Our room wasn't ready, check-in is 3:00. We were offered a room on the 5th floor, but we declined and we were given one on the second floor. In that we knew we would be enjoying cocktails, fewer stairs seemed prudent. (no elevators) We were then turned over to the concierge who attempted to set us up with a membership meeting. We already own one timeshare that we are very happy with and did not intend to add another. So we declined the membership meeting and had absolutely no resistance. Very polite.

Room: We had an Ocean View Room and it was fine for us. We're more interested in spending time outside. But the room was plenty large with a small balcony overseeing the quiet end of the pool. Housekeeping was great and the room was always finished each day before we came back from the pool.

Clothes or no clothes?: I knew my wife would go topless, and she figured the bottoms may come off in a day or two. I am the more conservative one, so the jury was out on what I would do. We went to our pool chairs, my wife sat down...I said I'm going to get us drinks..... I figured I would bite the bullet right away, so I dropped the swim trunks, jumped in the pool, turned around and my wife had removed her bikini bottoms. This was the easiest and most comfortable thing to do. As my wife later noted, although we were naked, we never felt like it. It was just natural. Nobody is staring and that means guests or resort employees.

Pool chairs: On the first day I went to find Victor based on the forum recommendation. He was very accommodating and got us two chairs near mid-pool where the volleyball net gets hung for pool volleyball. We liked the spot and it was reserved for us for the duration of our stay. if you like your chairs on that first day, I'd suggest you confirm that they will hold them for you during your visit. Otherwise they may go to someone else the next day. You can always check early with Victor as he arrives around 6:00 a.m., but they keep a chart with the room numbers assigned to chairs.

Pool games: The Playmakers (entertainment staff) did a great job at trying to get people to play along. For the most part, they had their work cut out for them as not too many wanted to play the games, but ultimately they did get enough players. We did not participate as it takes a lot to get me to do this, but I'm appreciative of those that did play. They made the games fun. (Now I know what Kinky Darts is) Also supplied are a number of floating devices for the pool. You needn't bring your own unless you want to.

Beach beds and beach: Can't give much insight into those, although it looked like they may not have been fully used. Possibly this was because we spend most of our time at the pool and I only ventured to the beach in the morning. The seaweed was on the shore each day but workers from the resort were working hard to clean it up. We did venture into the ocean one day, but the wind was up for most of our visit so it wasn't that great.

Restaurants: We only ate at Pearl and Aphrodite. While the remodel is being done of Suki, they have a temporary spot for that restaurant. We're not overly picky about the food, but we actually preferred going to Aphrodite for dinner. We did see the trickle down of the Italian menu at Pearl making its way to Aphrodite. But lunch and breakfast were very good. (French toast at breakfast highly recommended)
Good variety and quality. A few days lunch was grilled outside. Pork, fish, shrimp, steak chicken, etc. The service was excellent. No one looking for a tip, although I do recommend it as it is well deserved.

Drinks: One thing I read before on the forum was that the drinks were weak. We didn't necessarily find this to be true. On a few occasions we just requested more of whatever alcohol we wanted mixed into our drink. (MY wife was very good at letting the bartenders know she wanted it "strong", and that's how she got it) One interesting thing we found out was on a "Night trip" we took to Riviera Maya. We were drinking the 1921 Cream Tequila at Pearl, so we ordered that at the bar at Maya. They wanted to charge us $50 for the bottle. At Pearl there is no extra cost.

Age group and Body type: We estimated the average age was in the 50's, with the youngest maybe early 30's and into the 70's. That is pretty consistent with what we have read. We didn't want to be the oldest ones there, but found out we weren't and it didn't matter anyway. No one cares about age. So body type is probably on everyone's mind prior to the trip. We saw all types, heavy, thin, medium build, tall, short, toned, saggy, perky, pierced, tattooed, tanned, pale, sun burned, naked, covered up, partially clothed and...... and it all didn't matter.

Noise: There was noise coming from above Aphrodite where they are remodeling Suki. Mainly that was limited to lunchtime. Other than that we didn't hear much.

Theme Nights: The Theme nights were well attended. A band or D.J from 9:30 - 10:30 in the lobby, and then the show in the Disco at 10:30. I'm guessing maybe half of the women dressed in the theme and maybe a third of the men. An outside company provided the entertainment and the shows ranged from very athletic to very erotic. On two occasions guests were brought up on stage to participate. One was partially stripped of her clothing and she told me later she didn't know that was going to happen. So the entertainers happened to guess a good guest to pick to play along. Those that didn't dress in theme, just dressed sexily, and I'm speaking of the women. Because it is all about the women. The disco pretty much died out within a half hour after the show.

Bartenders; The bartenders were excellent. Many would remember your drink and they are really busy at night and at the pool mid day. We only found one bartender that doesn't belong there. While at the Jacuzzi at night he was leering and making inappropriate sounds under his breath within earshot of my wife. He also over-participated during a body shot.

Pool waiters: Every time he would pass up our chair he would check and see if he could get us anything. You never had to look around and say "where is that guy?" we did enjoy the comment from one waiter. He had gone to get drinks for a couple that just arrived. He came back and they had abandoned their chairs. He looked around and couldn't spot them, then said with a laugh, I can't tell anyone apart, everybody is naked."

Pool Drink cup: We do recommend bringing some kind of a drink cup that closes. It makes it easier to drink at the foam party, and it much easier just to give to the bartender to fill up. Plus, if the cup stands out, the bartender can associate your particular drink with the cup easier.

Sin (Fun) room: Located in the back of the disco. This was one of the unknowns for us. What would it be like, crowded, an orgy, empty? Do we go in, not go in? Answer is.....we went in the first night, had some fun by ourselves while three other couples were there. Went back another night and it was totally empty.

Jacuzzi Day: This one was the big question for us. We read a lot of stories about some crazy happenings there. On the first day we went to the Jacuzzi at 4pm which is when the bar opens. Shortly after we arrived, there were three women on the center riser of the Jacuzzi enjoying each others pleasures. Welcome to the Jacuzzi! The pool crowd then pretty much shifted over to the Jacuzzi. It was more like a cocktail hour in a pool, but with a bunch of naked people. Of course, now this is where PDA are ok. So now you find light kissing and touching, and some people have made their way to the Jacuzzi beds. There the PDA's are hotter. But this is where you really get to talk to people. You find out that you have quite a bit in common with the other guests. We couldn't wait for 4:00 each day.

Jacuzzi Night: So night time at the Jacuzzi seems to start around 11:30-12:00, after the show in the disco. Couldn't wait to get there, and same thing with enjoying the conversation with the crowd, but you can dial up the "sexual energy." My wife and I noticed that there is an electricity in the air at night time. And then more of the PDA's. Most people there that are participating in any level of sex, don't really care who sees. And if you have no voyeur interests, it's pretty easy to look the other way. So did we take a trip to the Jacuzzi bed? You bet!

Playmakers: This is an unbelievable group. As I mentioned, we have another timeshare and it happens to be in Mexico. We've been going there for a long time. They also have an entertainment staff which is very good. But this group is far superior. They ALWAYS have smiles on their faces and recognize the guests. Can't say enough positive things but if you've read other comments on the Forum, its all true.

Membership meeting: So I mentioned that we already have a timeshare, and I declined our meeting they offered on the first day. Well my curiosity got to me and I went back and requested a meeting. After a no pressure consultation, we are now members.

Exit survey: When you check out you will be given an I-pad to do an exit survey. I felt kind of rushed doing it as our ride to the airport was waiting, but did it anyway. When I got home, I received another one via email.

Summary: So if you haven't been too bored with my comments and have reached this point, I'll give you my summary. Service is impeccable. The atmosphere and ambiance are superb. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. The people you meet are so easy going and are the best part of your venture. I've been to our other resort 30 times, and couldn't tell you the name of any of the guests we've met. Not the case at Pearl. Whether you're in the LS or not, whether you want to go topless, bottomless, or wear your bikini the whole time, it doesn't matter. So if you're on the fence about going, give it a shot. You will not be disappointed. By the way, we didn't want to wait too long to go back, so we'll be there in July.
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024

Re: Trip report 3/7/19 to 3/14/19 (First time)

Postby TandD » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Excellent report. Very well written and perfect for the newbie - like you were - to feel comfortable going.

Well done and glad you enjoyed your trip!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby NoRegrets » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Great trip report! You are so right, staff are amazing and the people you will meet are all so friendly! Pearl is what you make it, if you open yourself up to meeting and getting to know people you will no have a bad time!
NoRegrets
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 30 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby BC-TLC » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 am

Awesome. Glad you guy enjoyed the trip. Thanks for sharing.
BC-TLC
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 22 May 2019

Postby DPNewbies » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks for the heads up! We have been counting the days till we depart. I wish we could arrive earlier :D
DPNewbies

We arrive on: 13 Jun 2019

Postby mtCouple4fun » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:04 pm

Great post. We were there at the same time and I agree with your summary, it was our first trip too. We did enjoy the beach beds, volleyball, and walks to town.

I think it was our group that was involved in the hot debauchery :lol:
mtCouple4fun

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby hooligans » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you for your report. Very helpful to a couple upcoming newbies.
hooligans
Desire Convert

Postby T12 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 pm

MtCouple4Fun - hope we saw you and had a chance to say hi!
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

Postby T12 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Hooligans - Glad the report helped. You’ll have a great time!
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

Postby Screech » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:49 pm

Fantastic review that is a huge help for a first timer going in May. Thanks for taking the time to write that up!
Screech

Postby T12 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:24 pm

Screech: god to hear. Have fun! We know you will.
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

Postby cocouple2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:33 am

Thanks so much for that thorough report. My husband and I are going in December and are newbies; you've put me at ease! We've been to a number of nudist resorts, so that's not our concern. Hopefully we'll be as comfortable as you two come 4 pm!
cocouple2

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2019

Postby Workhardplayhard » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Great report. Spot on!

Easy to get addicted to going here!
Workhardplayhard
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby T12 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:15 pm

You’re so right. Addicted the minute we got through check in and hit the pool.
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

Postby mrstommer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:09 am

Thank you for the glowing report! We looove Pearl! We will return this summer, at the end of June. We spent spring break this year at RM, while you were at Pearl. We will split our summer trip between the two.
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl