Newbie trip report 4/3-4/7, 2019

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie trip report 4/3-4/7, 2019

Postby Travelx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm

We are mid 30’s, not in the lifestyle (but curious), and also never been nude besides a quick clothes drop at Orient Beach just to say we did! We were blown away by the laid back, non-aggressive, positive vibe by everyone we interacted with. Being in the younger end of the age bracket, Seeing EVERY age and EVERY body type rocking theme nights, being intimate, and just loving life is inspiring, refreshing, and it was great to see people actually talking and not have their faces stuck to a phone. Growing old doesn’t mean you have to grow up!

Staff and resort were excellent. From the grounds crew, bartenders, play makers and up. My husband agrees and he’s been to MANY Sandals resorts. The attention to detail from all staff surpasses any Sandals resort! We were slightly skeptical with all the positive reviews that maybe everyone’s still running off of an endorphin high from all of the intimacy... but the place really is that great and we will be back! Loved yoga with Candace. She has such a positive energy! Seaweed On the beech was pretty bad so couldn’t go swimming... not what we were there for!. They also did not pressure us one bit trying to push the membership during check in. We said we have kids and limited time for vacations and that was it!

They were in the process of building the Asian restaurant. They pulled a “Houdini” act with a transition of a temporary entrance change of the restaurant. AMAZING smooth transformation. Sure there was construction noise but our attention was more on each other.

We took Lauren and Richards class (for the women). It happened to be a few hours after we arrived at the resort so we were quickly thrown into the nude/lifestyle atmosphere. The class is a must and highly recommend!!! Great opportunity to deeply connect with your partner and ended up being the perfect way to jump start our trip!

For not being in the lifestyle-we thought people would be more aggressive but everyone was respectful and things were much more tame. We didn’t really click with another couple to test the waters but at the end of the day everything worked out perfectly.

If you’re contemplating booking-DO IT. Life’s too short and you don’t know what your missing if you don’t step out of your comfort zone. Here you can tip-toe out of your comfort zone or go all in!!! We chickened out booking our trip here last year (young kids/hectic work schedule) but couldn’t be happier now that we went. We found our place!
SLS: Travelx23
Travelx

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 0-11-2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Newbie trip report 4/3-4/7, 2019

Postby TandD » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:47 am

Great report. Glad you enjoyed it.

Travelx wrote:For not being in the lifestyle-we thought people would be more aggressive but everyone was respectful and things were much more tame. We didn’t really click with another couple to test the waters but at the end of the day everything worked out perfectly.

Reading into the question posed here by people who are thinking about going, I think this is the biggest misconception about the place. Understandably, people think that they are going to be stepping into a den of rampant debauchery that they are not sure they can handle. It really is eye opening when you find out that it's much more laid back and plus, the debauchery that is happening, doesn't feel as out there as you thought it would. At least that's how we found it.

As you prove, you can be told this but you tend not to really believe it until you see it for yourself.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Re: Newbie trip report 4/3-4/7, 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 am

TandD wrote:Reading into the question posed here by people who are thinking about going, I think this is the biggest misconception about the place. Understandably, people think that they are going to be stepping into a den of rampant debauchery that they are not sure they can handle. It really is eye opening when you find out that it's much more laid back and plus, the debauchery that is happening, doesn't feel as out there as you thought it would. At least that's how we found it.

As you prove, you can be told this but you tend not to really believe it until you see it for yourself.

Hence the phrase (coined by the Jones' I think) - if you've never been to Desire no explanation is possible, if you've been no explanation is necessary (or something like that), but this is a good example of that, there are things that don't quite connect until you've seen it for yourself. To me that's a good thing, I mean what fun would it be if we knew exactly what to expect in every way before we got there, the butterflies were a big part of the experience.

As for the "den of rampant debauchery", it's interesting that it works both ways, i.e. there are those that show up with fear and trepidations of the den they might be walking into (only to then find out that's not the case), but I'm guessing there are those that want to walk head first into a den of debauchery only to find out it's not really like that either. An interesting dichotomy...
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl