Thinking about going...

Check this section for info on Desire Pearl before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Thinking about going...

Postby Ryan5997 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:34 am

Hi All! My wife and I are planning to go to Pearl in March. We are an attractive, in shape couple. She is 32 and I am 42. Not that it matters, but it's nice to have a picture in your mind when reading others comments and experiences on here I find. Our journey for getting to this point started with simply trying to find a place we can go that allows us to avoid tan lines. We are not in the lifestyle, but we a both are completely comfortable with the idea of being naked in public and around other naked people. What we aren't sure about is what our comfort level will be with seeing others having sex. We may like it, but we may find in uncomfortable. So here is my question...... In others experiences, did you find it unavoidable seeing others having sex? Also, we will want to use the Hot tub if possible. I appreciate any comments on this.

Cheers, and looking forward to making new friends in March!
Ryan5997

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Mar 2023

Re: Thinking about going...

Postby ripsofla » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:49 am

You are thinking to much about it. We have been about 10 trips & when it comes to the jacuzzi beds it is hit or miss as to their usage. During the afternoon you may get an idea that something is taking place in a bed because of the sounds but unless you are standing next to the it you may not see that much. At night with the ambient light you may see nothing at all. That is not to say a couple or 2 may be having some fun along the edge of the jacuzzi at times. After your first day it will just become background noise & visual aids. Hope this answers your concerns & don't 2nd guess yourself about going. It is a wonderful place.
ripsofla
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby rentman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 pm

I may have a different opinion than most of the reports you read here and on other fourms.

Backstory:
We are non lifestyle early 50's couple that have been going to all 3 desires (yes there used to be 3) probably 22-23 times over the past 15 years. We are early risers and therefore early to bed.

This one one of our fears when we first booked, it seems like when you read a lot of the reviews it comes off as a big orgy place. Our experience is quite the oppposite. We have seen zero "sex acts" at the pool or beach, not to say it doesn't happen eespecially druing the foam party but It is certianly not in your face.

Hot Tub:
This is where it can get a little wilder but during Happy hour, between 3:00-6:00 it is still pretty tame. We have seen female body shots on the bar or a couple engaging in oral pleasantries on the edge of the tub. This for us has been a one off and certainly not every day. Now if Sleeping people offend you then stay away from the Hot Tub beds. Most of the time no one can have sex on the beds because someone is sleeping on them. In our experience the chance of seeing multiple people having sex during happy hour is pretty slim.
We hardly make it to the hot tub after the evening shows (usually in bed by 11:30). This is where it gets a little wild and I don't feel based on our limited experience that I can comment on the activities at night.

Summary:
Depending on the crowd, If you hang at the pool and don't go to the hot tub after dinner you might be shocked at how tame it can be. The reason we keep going is for the classy atmosphere and freedom

Just my opinion others may disagree.
rentman
Desire Fan

Postby SusanAndDavid » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm

We're coming up on trip number 8 for us (in 3 years) in October. Our account of things is vastly different than the last commenter. Around the pool, yes, things are tame by design (unless its Jan or Aug when PDA's are allowed). However, the beach and the hot tub- we see all kinds of action throughout the day (speaking of RM). We have sex multiple times daily on the beach beds and we've seen and been joined by others. The hot tub in the afternoon will have varying degrees of debauchery, from mild to wild, and the same for late night after the disco. If the playrooms are active (we always go in there no matter what too), they are a lot of fun. As always, it depends on the crowd the days you are there, but 'most' folks are there to let loose and do their thing, so my guess is you will see it eventually. It's not in your face and after a while you get used to it- oh look, they're enjoying themselves and you think nothing else of it. Just like the first shock when you arrive and you see nearly naked /fully naked people walking around...then after 2 minutes it's completely normal and you think nothing of it. Don't think twice about it. Book it now, buy and 'test drive' outfits for the theme nights and go have fun.
KIK: DocHoliday660
RM- May 18-25, 2004
SusanAndDavid
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 May 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Cheers2US » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:01 pm

There might be a couple (or a group) having sex in a bed near you, but it's not disruptive or distracting. My husband likes to watch other couples in the act, while I prefer to look away (not really my thing) The point is, we can both get what we want by being in a bed just a few feet away. I am able to enjoy the company + pleasure of my husband or just lie + look up at the starry sky and totally ignore the activity of the next bed. At the same time, my husband can see/enjoy the action.

Don't overthink it. Desire has done a great job to make the resort comfortable for all guests.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Pearl