Walking distance from Pearl to RM

Check this section for info on Desire Pearl before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Walking distance from Pearl to RM

Postby CokeMann » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 am

The actual walking distance (via the beach) from the Pearl dock(at the north end of the Pearl property) to the south end of the edge of the Desire RM property is 3.1 miles (16574 ft) or in metric 5.05km (5051m). About an hours walk for the average person.....YMMV
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Re: Walking distance from Pearl to RM

Postby g and j » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm

We have made that trip. Many areas not groomed. Take your own water and be sure to apply sunscreen before you leave. I also was not wearing a shirt which made it difficult to get into restaurant for breakfast. Glad to say we did it, won't do it again.

G&J
g and j

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Nov 2013

Postby OKcouple4x » Wed May 21, 2014 10:57 pm

We have never made the trip but talked to a few who arrived at Pearl pissed off because they were told it was a 'short easy trip' when it really was not. There were some areas where fences forced people to go off into the ocean a ways and swim around posts the last time we were there. I can't confirm for absolute sure that it was true, but it is what we were told multiple times.
Looking for fun in our travels :)
OKcouple4x
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2023

Postby 2desire4fun » Wed May 21, 2014 11:36 pm

We've done the walk every year for the past 4 years and really enjoy it. It takes a few hours and I usually look at the tide table to make sure we cross at roughly low tide. We've never had to swim or trespass or do anything like that. The is some stomping on smelly seaweed on one section and the rest is a nice beach walk. There are several beach restaurants along the way where you can stop for refreshments and we usually get a take-out lunch from Desire and have a picnic on the way. We also take some vanilla pics in front of other resorts to add to the cover story catalog :) The new fee this year for visiting the other resort really annoys me and threatens our walking tradition. We intend to sneak in none-the-less :)
2desire4fun

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Fri May 23, 2014 7:55 pm

We have walked to RM last November. It was lovely 40+ walk. There is one place on the beach where you have to go in to the ocean and wade in the water. on the way up to RM water was just short of our hips,, but on the way back when the tide was at its highest we were chest deep in the water. It is slippery and rocky... The best thing we did right after "crossing the Jordan" is to approach one of the boats that was marooned on the beach and asked them how much it would be to get to Pearl. They charge us $5 per person (there were 4 of us) and 5 minutes later we were at the pearl's dock. Some of those boats were before the area were we had to go in to the water, so next week when we there, we will try to use them. BTW, when we got to RM through the beach no one ever had checked our credentials... We had our wrist bands from Pearl and it was enough to allow us to get naked and enjoy the festivities....
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Anyone tried sailing a Desire craft from DRM to DP?? Does DP have boats available? If so same question... :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby danbo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:58 am

There were no boats when we were at Pearl in April
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Believe me, it's crossed my mind on several occasions while at RM. The Hobie's are easy to maneuver and it certainly wouldn't take long to reach Pearl. However, I would feel bad that I'm using it longer than normal and someone else wouldn't have the opportunity to enjoy it as much as we do! You can also ask one of water sports guys......
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tikihutguy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 pm

OK, sorry we'll miss your birthday :( Apparently we booked the wrong resort.... We'll be at DP 8/1 - 8/5. How about you sail it down. We'll sail it back and come back to get you :?: Just kidding. Not nautically adept enough, but nice to dream about while awaiting the trip... :roll: :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Pearl