check your passports!

Check this section for info on Desire Pearl before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

check your passports!

Postby NCVETTE » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 am

Don't do like me and wait till 4 days to departure to check passport expiration. My wife's went out in April! after recovering from a heat attack I went to one of the fast passports sites and did all the paper work and PAID some big bucks. We shipped out last night and should have back Thursday! hope everything else goes smooth.
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: check your passports!

Postby allovatan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 pm

CRAP!! Has anyone tried to get into Mexico with a passport with less than 6 months on it? Problem is the husband is Canadian and has to sent his current passport off to get a replacement - his expires in January and we are traveling in October
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Postby allovatan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 am

Also found this: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/countrie ... 00788.html

The Americas

Canada and Mexico do not enforce the six-month rule. Belize and Honduras are the Central American countries that have consistently required six months of validity, and Nicaragua's policies may all but require it depending on the length and nature of your stay. A number of South American countries also enforce the six-month rule, including Argentina, Paraguay and Ecuador, which also includes the Galapagos Islands.
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Postby allovatan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 am

I emailed the Mexico Consulate after reading their entry requirements, their response:

Mexico Consulate wrote:Please take note that currently Mexican Immigration does not require the minimum six month, as long as your passport is valid when you enter and leave the country.

Regards

Francisco Méndez Alcántara
Cónsul de Documentación
55 Franklin St. 1er. Piso
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Pearl