Security

Check this section for info on Desire Pearl before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Security

Postby mikeandtif » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi All,

Are their any security issues at Pearl? What do we not want to bring with us? Laptop, Phones, jewelry etc.

Thanks,

Mike & Tif
mikeandtif
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 0- 9-2018

Re: Security

Postby barebuns » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 pm

We have had no issues with anything going missing and only consistently locked up our passports, cash and what little jewelry we had with us. I've read that some have had a bad experience or 2 but those seem to be rare. You just need to be as careful there with what you consider valuable as anywhere. Had we lost any items it would have been our fault but never did. The safe won't take a laptop, iPad yes but not much bigger than that.
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby SensualCouple55 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:50 pm

mikeandtif wrote:Hi All,

Are their any security issues at Pearl? What do we not want to bring with us? Laptop, Phones, jewelry etc.

Thanks,

Mike & Tif

We had zero zip nada concerns about security...but put everything of value in your room's safe - that's just common sense. We love the staff but why tempt anyone? Keep a few bucks...I like $2 bills...on your person for the staff. Forget the laptop...you're on vacay! We take an iPad just for checking in for the airlines. You should be concentrating on being sexy and having a great time!! Next time we are taking waaaaay less than we did on our most recent trip.

B & J
:US
SensualCouple55
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby K&RinTX » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:15 pm

My advice is "don't bring anything you can't afford to lose". We bring cash but hide it, no expensive watches, laptops etc. We leave Ipads, phones, Kindles etc laying out in the room and have never had a problem but have read reports of cash missing from the safes and had one couple tell us they were missing a substantial amount of money from their room safe the day they left. There are more people in and out of those rooms than you think (not just housekeepers), but having said that I doubt they have any more issues than any resort/hotel.
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby mikeandtif » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:11 am

Thank you
mikeandtif
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 9-2018

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:13 am

K&RinTX wrote:My advice is "don't bring anything you can't afford to lose".

Good advice in theory, however there are things like my passport that I can't afford to lose but have to bring. There are enough people talking about it that makes it seem at the least like more of an issue than other places I have visited. The part that bugs me the most is not things getting taken that are left sitting out but that stuff gets taken from the safe. That's a whole other level and should be addressed by the staff, not just anyone would have access/ability to 'crack the safe', it really wouldn't be hard to narrow down the suspects and take action. The safe is supposed to be... safe.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Pearl