Dining area

Check this section for info on Desire Pearl before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Dining area

Postby Just me » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Do I need to dress up for any the restaurants or is casual dress fine
Just me
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 May 2019

Re: Dining area

Postby TandD » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Kind of depends on your definition of "dress up". Nobody is wearing suits and few wear ties.

Assume you are talking about dinner. Breakfast and lunch - no.

Assuming you are asking as a male - I think the gals can do anything they want :D

There are two main restaurants (although there is a third on the roof top - Gastro? - but I haven't been there).

Pearl (that's the name of the fancy restaurant at Pearl) is, well, fancy. You have to wear closed toe shoes, long pants. Now that is still a wide range of options. One of the most frequent questions is about whether jeans are "nice enough". Lots of opinions. Mine is "no" - along the lines of "The gals are dressing up so you should make an effort to step it up as well.". Yes, there are nice/expensive jeans - but they are still jeans. Most of the guys will be dressy casual.

The other restaurant - Aphrodite - is a bit more casual but still has a nice ambiance at night for dinner. For me, the dress code is the same for both. Have you ever been some place and felt under dressed? You *might* feel that way if you don't at least go with nice pants and a button down shirt. You *can* wear shorts at Aphrodite (I think) but you might feel like you stand out (and not in the good way from looking at your wife in a club dress).

All that is just my opinion and there are plenty of other, legitimate opinions that differ. I suggest you spend some time reading posts on the forum to get a feel for things.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby mikeinnj » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:30 pm

I have, on occasion, worn khaki shorts to Aphrodite. Was after a long day and we were both dragging. She also didn't get decked out for dinner those times.

So I go with the "ask the wife what she would like" and dress accordingly method to choose clothes.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby bobsharon79 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:58 am

Ah Mike!!! Always the wise one.. See you soon!! Bob
bobsharon79
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby mikeinnj » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:54 am

Been married a long time. I've learned well.

Only another month to go. See you then.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby T&CintheOC » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Having just got back, here is the perspective from a wife...wear a collared shirt. Here we are in this sexy environment, I'm dressed up, husband wore slacks and shirts with slipon loafers and I look across the restaurant at dinner and see men in t-shirts. Come on guys, I get khaki shorts, my hubby did his version of that once or twice, but with a button shirt or golf shirt at least, but anything else is just disappointing. It's all about the atmosphere, go for it, kick it up a notch! All the wives will appreciate it!!! ;)
T&CintheOC
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 30 Sep 2016

Postby beach bums » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:15 pm

We agree :L
beach bums
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada