Should We Book Desire Cabo? Please comment.

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Los Cabos

Should We Book Desire Cabo? Please comment.

Postby gloriouscat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I visited Desire Pearl (our first time to a Desire resort) last year and wanted to return this summer but the pricing is too high. We noticed that Desire Cabo is MUCH less expensive and while tempting, has left us wondering why Cabo is being offered at a price much lower than the Cancun Desires? Is there simply less demand for Cabo, and if so, why? Service, food, and drinks were good to excellent at Pearl. The crowd (over Christmas) was nicely mixed age wise 20's+ with most being right in the middle (35-50?) We are in our mid 30's.

Has anyone been to Desire Cabo AND one of the Cancun branches? Are they systematically the same? Any comments on the price difference? I noticed the rumor thread which concerns me about the future of the Cabo location. If we go it will be in June--not far in the future--so I suppose that should make some difference (if a change were to occur).

Our main concerns are food quality and overall quality of atmosphere. Pearl was sophisticated and sexy while not being "Spring Breaky."

We prefer "Mad Men" sexy over "Baywatch."

Thanks!! ;-)

T
gloriouscat

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Jul 2013

Re: Should We Book Desire Cabo? Please comment.

Postby CLG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:17 pm

I have been to Desire RM 8 times and well Desire Cabo, too many to count, never to Pearl. For the most part, RM & Cabo have the same structure, the restaurants are named the same, the entertainment is similar, both have themes, playroom, disco, etc. The food (very subjective) has always been good and the atmosphere is wonderful in Cabo. The main difference in my opinion is the beach. The beach in Cabo is beautiful but you need to have clothes on when you leave the resort grounds. Now for us, I don’t go in the water at RM, so we don’t miss swimming naked in the ocean when in Cabo. In fact, for us the beach is much more scenic in Cabo, we walk it everyday we visit, where in RM; we never walk along the beach. So for the guests that like to enjoy their vacations sitting ocean side during the day, you won’t find many people doing that in Cabo. The pool with the swim-up bar is the center of attention during the days.

With your main concerns of food & atmosphere, we don’t how Pearl is, but we and many other people certainly enjoy what Desire Cabo provides.

If you need anything else, let us know. Our next trip is over July 4th, can’t wait.

CLG
CLG

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Re: Should We Book Desire Cabo? Please comment.

Postby desireaddict » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:36 pm

NO
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Return to General Discussions about Desire Los Cabos