Unbelievable

Discussions and Trip Reports related to Desire Cruises

Unbelievable

Postby lews411 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Unbelievable! We received a notice earlier today that the Red Carpet Cruise in May to France and Spain has been changed to a November date and a Totally different itinerary and different part of the world! Ok, that was not totally unexpected in the midst of COVID-19. However, when we replied to Desire that we were not able to take the alternate cruise because of a conflict ( we are actually booked at Pearl at that time), and because we did not want to go on the new itinerary, we received an email back that said they are not issuing refunds, but only giving credit toward a future cruise if you can’t take the new cruise being substituted. The reason given was that it is a charter and only the cruise line can give the refund, which may also be true, but not our problem. If the cruise vacation we paid for is not going to happen, it is not acceptable to just change the date and location and expect passengers to just accept it or wait for who knows how long to be able to spend a credit on a future cruise that might be years away before the schedule and itinerary mesh with our desire to travel where and when the cruise goes.

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE ORIGINAL GROUP CANNOT BE TRUSTED!
Kasidie, SLS and SDC: Lakefolks411
lews411

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc

Re: Unbelievable

Postby K&RinTX » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am

I see on social media that the new itinerary is USA, Bahrain and Qatar! I can't think of a worse place to take a boat-load of swingers than these countries! Truly unbelievable :shock:
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby Tankertruck » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 pm

We are feeling the same way. Frustrated and a bit annoyed.

For the two of us, personally we really scheduled this cruise as our 2nd honeymoon and 15th anniversary, and we wanted to go to a truly romantic part of the world (and one of our favorites), and the new itinerary [Dubai/Bahrain/Qatar/UAE/Abu Dhabi/Dubai], while a very interesting part of the world, isn't really what I consider a "romantic" place at all (and I have been there a few times). So the Desire for the trip (see what I did there?) and the location just don't line up for us. I think if they offered a different date (but same location) or different location (same date) then i think it would be a more palatable change.

To be clear, they offered cruise credit and some additional money off on a future cruise if you can't make this one, which i guess would let you get a better room on a future cruise, but it's a tough change to take for sure. We are debating going on either the Lisbon or Rome/Athens cruise - if anyone is going on any of them let me know.

To keep things positive, we've been desperate to get to Pearl, so maybe this will give us the time to go.
Tankertruck

Postby K&RinTX » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 pm

K&RinTX wrote:I see on social media that the new itinerary is USA, Bahrain and Qatar! I can't think of a worse place to take a boat-load of swingers than these countries! Truly unbelievable :shock:

Sorry, that was supposed to say "UAE, Bahrain and Qatar"...not USA!
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby Greatcpl » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:28 pm

As someone who was been to most of the new countries they want to send you to, F’ that! Nothing good there except gawdy malls and crap!
Kasadie: Greatazcpl
Greatcpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby BC-TLC » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Challenge the charge through your credit card company. One of the reasons I love American Express. I got dicked over by Avis once (long story)...but American Express reversed the charges.
BC-TLC
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 22 May 2019

Return to Desire Cruises