Rome to Athens October 2021

Discussions and Trip Reports related to Desire Cruises

Rome to Athens October 2021

Postby Epicure3 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 pm

So..... Does anyone even have a hope that this will sail? Beginning to doubt with the cdc decision yesterday. We've been booked on this since last year's cancelation.
Amy opinions?
SDC: Epicure3
Epicure3
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2019

Re: Rome to Athens October 2021

Postby FLGTR » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 pm

We are still optimistic the cruise will sail. Obviously what is happening in the United States isn't the same in other countries, but clearly the US will have given every adult the opportunity for a vaccine, hopefully the supply will be such at that point that other countries, especially the European ones will benefit from the extra supply from the US. I agree it's going to be close, but we're hoping we make the trip. We too were booked on the original Greek cruise, we've had three different cruises rescheduled and are ready to travel. Maybe I'm just tired of being held in quarantine.
FLGTR

We arrive on: 24 Feb 2018

Re: Rome to Athens October 2021

Postby cajunpin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 am

I believe they will cruise but with everyone having the vaccine. We booked this cruise after our last cruise (2019) - the Mediterranean Desire cruise from France to Spain. This year we are planning to go a week earlier to Iceland-and then to Italy.- air is already booked. If cruise is cancelled, we will still go somewhere in Europe- probably some where in the Greek isles. But just like FLBTR said-its going to be close.
cajunpin
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 May 2018

Return to Desire Cruises