Rome to Athens October 2021

Discussions and Trip Reports related to Desire Cruises

Rome to Athens October 2021

Postby Epicure3 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 pm

So..... Does anyone even have a hope that this will sail? Beginning to doubt with the cdc decision yesterday. We've been booked on this since last year's cancelation.
Amy opinions?
SDC: Epicure3
Epicure3
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2019

Re: Rome to Athens October 2021

Postby FLGTR » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 pm

We are still optimistic the cruise will sail. Obviously what is happening in the United States isn't the same in other countries, but clearly the US will have given every adult the opportunity for a vaccine, hopefully the supply will be such at that point that other countries, especially the European ones will benefit from the extra supply from the US. I agree it's going to be close, but we're hoping we make the trip. We too were booked on the original Greek cruise, we've had three different cruises rescheduled and are ready to travel. Maybe I'm just tired of being held in quarantine.
FLGTR
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Feb 2018

Postby cajunpin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 am

I believe they will cruise but with everyone having the vaccine. We booked this cruise after our last cruise (2019) - the Mediterranean Desire cruise from France to Spain. This year we are planning to go a week earlier to Iceland-and then to Italy.- air is already booked. If cruise is cancelled, we will still go somewhere in Europe- probably some where in the Greek isles. But just like FLBTR said-its going to be close.
cajunpin
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 May 2018

Postby CK92620 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:51 am

I spoke with Azamera (the cruise operator Desire contracts with) regarding mandatory vaccines. Azamaera confirmed to me on Friday that all guests MUST be vaccinated or they will be denied boarding. Desire was clueless about this , but Azamera stated they recently announced this requirement.

So we are cancelling and so are three of our travel companions. We wont support any company which dictates personal health decisions.

Just wanted to share this so those who are still attending can plan appropriately.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 25 Nov 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby The J's » Thu May 20, 2021 9:25 am

I see nothing wrong with requiring individuals be vaccinated before going on a cruise and we are still going. This is to protect everyone on board.
KIK: JLCLV
The J's
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 14 Aug 2020

Postby LuckySevens » Thu May 20, 2021 9:49 am

CK92620 wrote:So we are cancelling and so are three of our travel companions. We wont support any company which dictates personal health decisions.

“Dictates” is an odd word here. “Requires” makes a lot more sense. “No shirt, no shoes, no service” is pretty common, and perfectly reasonable. Hell, you can’t be single (or gay) to go to Desire. All of this is fine, in the end, because it’s not telling anyone what they have to do, it’s just a requirement to partake of the service being offered.

The joy of a free market economy is that you can just say no, like you have! No reason to get upset or indignant about being “dictated” to. Hell, even the Desire cruise itself says where you have to where clothes, and where that’s optional. Do you feel like they’re “dictating” that you have to wear clothes?!

My guess is that my personal political and social views align very closely with you, and if that guess is right, I think it’s time to step back a sec and see this for what it is: a private business having its own say over what goes on with its business.

Respect for your choice not to go, but also keep perspective.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby CK92620 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:34 pm

The J's wrote:I see nothing wrong with requiring individuals be vaccinated before going on a cruise and we are still going. This is to protect everyone on board.

If you're vaccinated you're protected, so why force the experimental vaccine on others ? They work right ?
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby CK92620 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:39 pm

MountLobos wrote:
CK92620 wrote:So we are cancelling and so are three of our travel companions. We wont support any company which dictates personal health decisions.

“Dictates” is an odd word here. “Requires” makes a lot more sense. “No shirt, no shoes, no service” is pretty common, and perfectly reasonable. Hell, you can’t be single (or gay) to go to Desire. All of this is fine, in the end, because it’s not telling anyone what they have to do, it’s just a requirement to partake of the service being offered.

The joy of a free market economy is that you can just say no, like you have! No reason to get upset or indignant about being “dictated” to. Hell, even the Desire cruise itself says where you have to where clothes, and where that’s optional. Do you feel like they’re “dictating” that you have to wear clothes?!

My guess is that my personal political and social views align very closely with you, and if that guess is right, I think it’s time to step back a sec and see this for what it is: a private business having its own say over what goes on with its business.

Respect for your choice not to go, but also keep perspective.

They can "require" all they want, we all cancelled our cabins and choose not to have any company force health mandates on us. We will all go elsewhere. If you're "vaccinated" you're protected right ? That's the narrative, so why would you care if I am not ? That is if they actually work and not just pushing vaccines on others.

Fact is, I already had COVID and have natural antibodies and immunity. There is no reason at all for me to get a vaccine , give it to an elderly person in a third world country who needs it. I don't and wont allow a private company to push an experiential drug into my body. I simply take my money elsewhere. Everyone wins
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby The J's » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm

We are still going and 100% excited to be! We are starting to look at flights, excursions, and such. The plan is to spend two or three days before the cruise in Rome and two days in Athens after.
The J's
Desire Fan

Postby FLGTR » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:33 pm

We are planning on doing the same thing, happy to be going, looking forward to a great vacation!
FLGTR
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Feb 2018

Postby mailsjb1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:50 pm

We were looking to take advantage of the last minute deal. Saw plenty of cabins available on the website and had a question for Desire Cruises about transferring a credit we have to apply to this cruise before we booked. We haven't heard back in 2 days after 2 follow ups and when I went back today on their website all the cabins are mysteriously sold out and the link at the top of the page no longer shows this cruise!! I'm hoping it's web page issues and the cruise is still on but I fear the worst here. In any case, not impressed with them not getting back to us if all the cabins then sold out the next day but seems highly unlikely this would happen. Does anyone know anything about the cruise being canceled?
mailsjb1

We arrive on: 20 Mar 2021

Postby The J's » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:19 pm

Unfortunately Azamara cancelled. I've been talking with Desire cruises and they are working on options for everyone that booked. They have been nothing but nice and expressed as much disappointment and surprise as us. Knowing them, the 2023 itineraries will even more impressive.
The J's
Desire Fan

Postby mailsjb1 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:01 am

Thanks for the update. I think they should have just stated this on their website though rather than have people wondering what's going on only a few days after they offer a deal then instead just shut down the web page with no notice. Oh well, sorry to all those that booked and have to miss this one.
mailsjb1

We arrive on: 20 Mar 2021

Return to Desire Cruises