Probably last trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Probably last trip

Postby mustang » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Although its very generous of you to acknowledge the facts ie its clothing optional, youre saying its unacceptable to you for people to keep their bottoms on. I cant understand how its unacceptable to you when people are following rules and exercising their choice. Maybe you should go to a nude resort and not c/o if it bothers you that much!
User avatar
mustang
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 5:10 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Sep 2019

Re: Probably last trip

Postby tikihutguy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Sorry this is a thread. Desire is a happy place for all....
:(
User avatar
tikihutguy
Desire Legend
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:00 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Sep 2018

Re: Probably last trip

Postby swgap » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:15 am

Don't even know what to say about the naked vs swimsuit argument. I'm naked at the pool nowadays after years of wearing a swimsuit, so I guess I'm not a pervert now.

Anyway, as far as the changing LS demographics at Desire RM & Pearl. I notice this as well but often wonder if it is simply how we've changed over 8 years of going to Desire and being in the lifestyle. I'm more guarded and cautious than I used to be, and I'm sure others have seen changes in their views of the LS over the years.

I also seem to hear this everywhere we go, Hedo used to be wilder, the cruises were crazier in the old days, Naughty N Nawlins is tamer now. My guess is that the repeat visitors are just getting older. There does seem to one general generation (maybe 45 to 60 years old) of people who seem to frequent all these places quite often.

Just my thoughts.

Mr
Late 40's couple lifestyle couple. nazcpl on kasidie
User avatar
swgap
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Probably last trip

Postby D&G-in-love » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 pm

mustang wrote:Although its very generous of you to acknowledge the facts ie its clothing optional, youre saying its unacceptable to you for people to keep their bottoms on. I cant understand how its unacceptable to you when people are following rules and exercising their choice. Maybe you should go to a nude resort and not c/o if it bothers you that much!


When you say you don’t understand “how” it’s unacceptable to me that people keep their suits on, I’m going to assume you mean you don’t understand “why” it’s unacceptable to me. I’ll answer that. There’s a phenomenon that occurs in groups wherein the individuals in that group tend to do what the rest of the group is doing. If you get a majority of people going to a c/o resort but they never get nude, then that will be the normative behavior and it will be more difficult, psychologically speaking, for the minority to go nude. This phenomenon is called herd mentality, or wisdom of the group, or by a number of other terms. That’s why it annoys me when people go to a c/o resort but never go nude.

As for your suggestion that I go to a nude resort instead of c/o, that’s a fair and valid suggestion. I actually do go to nude resorts. I like that nude resorts where nudity is required eliminates the gawker demographic. The benefit of Desire is that sexual behavior is allowed. My dream resort is one wherein nudity is required and sexual behavior is allowed. As far as I know, no such resort exists. Until it does, I’ll just have to split my time between Desire and nude resorts.
User avatar
D&G-in-love
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2018

Re: Probably last trip

Postby D&G-in-love » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:09 pm

TandD wrote:
I struggle to understand why people care so much about what other people wear or don't.


I feel like this concern about people not getting naked is more about a fear that the feel of the resort might be changing to a more vanilla flavor.



Yes, exactly. That is my concern. As I mentioned in a previous post, there is a sociological phenomenon called wisdom of the group, a/k/a herd mentality, that causes individuals to follow the behavior of the majority. The more people that go to Desire and keep their suits on, the more people that will follow that example. We already know that it’s difficult for a lot of newbies to go nude. If there a lot of people at Desire wearing suits, then it will be doubly difficult for newbies to go nude. Before you know it, Desire will be a c/o resort where very few people go nude.
User avatar
D&G-in-love
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2018

Re: Probably last trip

Postby D&G-in-love » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 pm

curiousexotic wrote:A lot of judgements being made in this post. Judging for wearing a suite is the same as judging for not being 5% body fat. Very interesting thoughts here.
Of course all are allowed to have an opinion, or are we?



There’s a difference between “judging” someone and having an opinion on their behavior. You can dislike someone’s actions (which is having an opinion) without judging them as a person. A judgment is, a obviously, judging someone (i.e. bad person, lazy person, stupid person).
User avatar
D&G-in-love
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2018

Re: Probably last trip

Postby D&G-in-love » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:46 pm

ILikefun wrote:
D&G-in-love wrote:
ILikefun wrote:
-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? we love to be asked to take off our pants.


Do we want attention? Nope


It sounds like you’re seeking attention to me. But if you want to claim that you keep your suits on because you “love to be asked to take off” your pants, but that is not attention-seeking behavior, then you go right ahead and make that claim.
User avatar
D&G-in-love
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2018

Re: Probably last trip

Postby AndJen » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Cap D'Agde in France. Out of control!!!!!!
AndJen
Desire Convert
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:52 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Jan 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Lifestyle

Re: Probably last trip

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 am

D&G-in-love wrote:The benefit of Desire is that sexual behavior is allowed. My dream resort is one wherein nudity is required and sexual behavior is allowed. As far as I know, no such resort exists. Until it does, I’ll just have to split my time between Desire and nude resorts.


Pretty sure that Hedo fits that description. The main pool requires "full nude" and public sex is allowed. We haven't tried it yet but it is on our list.
\m/
User avatar
Explorer79
Desire Legend
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 6:14 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Re: Probably last trip

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 am

AndJen wrote:Cap D'Agde in France. Out of control!!!!!!


This is on our list as well we've talked to a few people who have been and they speak very highly of it,
\m/
User avatar
Explorer79
Desire Legend
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 6:14 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Re: Probably last trip

Postby RJOC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 am

AndJen wrote:Cap D'Agde in France. Out of control!!!!!!


We're going next June.

Heading to Europe for Montreux Jazz Festival, then Cap d'Agde, then Barcelona - should be a fun trip.
User avatar
RJOC
Desire Addict
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 pm
Location: South OC
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 31 Jan 2020

Re: Probably last trip

Postby jfvegas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm

:DL
jfvegas
Desire Convert
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: las vegas
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2019

Re: Probably last trip

Postby werfun » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 pm

We have been following this thread since the original poster seemed unhappy that there didn't seem to be as much play going on since their earlier trips, For some reason the thread changed to some bitching about others wearing suits at the pool and that those wearing suits are just there to look at the nude guest and are creepy because they are wearing suits. Perhaps those making such judgement calls should think that there may be reasons for wearing suits such as a medical reason. On one of our trips to Desire we met a couple that go to Desire 4 times a year. Because the husband had skin cancer several years earlier they always wore a suit and t shirt at the pool every day but as soon as the sun went down off came the their suits. As my wives doctor told her that you may free of cancer but you are never cured of it so one has to take care to not do anything to cause a return, This couple loves Desire so much that they are willing to take a chance by covering up during the day and using the strongest sun screen that they could find. Because of his medical condition of skin cancer should he be banned from going to Desire or be deemed creepy by others because of his need to be covered up while in the bright sun. On all our trips to Desire we are nude at as soon as we get there and we have met many people wearing suits enjoying themselves in the great vib. of Desire. We like talking to others no matter if they are nude or wearing suits.
User avatar
werfun
Desire Superstar
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Hawaii
We are from: USA

Re: Probably last trip

Postby desire86 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Sigh! Hedo. A pool on one side that is mandatory nude. Four other pools that are CO. What ever you want to do, you can do.

Explorer... we're waiting for you ...
User avatar
desire86
Desire Fan
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:40 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Sep 2016

Re: Probably last trip

Postby funcpl27 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06 am

sorry to hear this....99% of the world caters to them.....but that isn't good enough.
funcpl27
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 pm
Location: Atlanta and Jacksonville
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasadie

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests