Probably last trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Probably last trip

Postby Swohnewbie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 pm

Wow. I won’t even begin to try and unpack all this. Suit/no suit. LS/non LS. Go/won’t go. Seems like a lot of drama to me. And a lot judgement about a resort that’s supposed to be judgement free. We’ll just continue to go as long as we can enjoy our vacation. And when we feel like we’re forced to enjoy someone else’s idea of a vacation, we’ll start going somewhere else. And that will be that.
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Postby bmerryman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:53 am

We regularly go to a resort near Houston that bills itself as "clothing optional and lifestyle friendly". just like Desire. We aren't in the lifestyle (yet) but we go regularly to enjoy the nudity and be watched. We talk to lots of couples there that are not in the lifestyle, but still go. And the ones we talk to that are in the lifestyle enjoy us being there even if we aren't "available" to them. With all the pressures at work and in life to "be what you must be", I gotta say both Desire and our local resort are "just fine to us"! Desire is what you make it, nothing more or less!
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby Dani'stoy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:27 am

Not LS but love the LS people we've met and the vibe of this place...No idea what the hell you're talking about but...don't let the door hit you on your bare ass...well bye!
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby art lovers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Bravo to the last three posters... Swohnewbie, bmerryman and Dani’stoy. A perfect triple play response to the original post. Great economy with words. Thank you.
art lovers
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Dec 2017

Postby Justskin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Couple of thoughts for the original poster.
Can't speak to many of these postings, but here's our take....
Much of the lifestyle vibe comes from the day-to-day crowd. That can literally change overnight, we've seen it multiple times. We were at DRM last January and overall the crowd was comatose compared to the crowd we experienced there last week. And swimsuits? No one wore swimsuits. Well, there were a few bikini bottoms, but suits are rare. There's no guarantee about any of that.
And the Pearl itself has always been less LS oriented in our opinion. That's not to say that a couple can't find another fun pair with which to spend a sexy evening, but the odds are always better at DRM if that is a priority. We've have great times at both resorts, but the RM is always a bit more party oriented in our opinion. It's a more intimate setting with the smaller pool and hot tub. It lends itself to LS fun.

The other factor is you guys as a couple. Be fun, but not pushy. Interesting conversation can go a long way. My wife loves when we spend time with a funny couple, she's a sucker for a sexy comedian.
And most importantly, if you guys go with *no expectations* you'll have the time of your lives and likley be having the fun that you hope to.
We've done weeks at DRM where we didn't play with another couple but we had a ball. It's a mindset!

Hang in there!
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby PAFun » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:12 am

I'm guessing that the original poster isn't much fun to be around and LS couples are lying to him so that he doesn't bother them. He's probably bitching about something all day long. The idea that LS people "own" the Desire resorts and everyone else is a nuance is ridiculous. Newbies, don't consider this poster as being representative of your average LS person at Desire. There are very few like him.
PAFun
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 29 Oct 2014

Postby Dani'stoy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:28 pm

art lovers wrote:Bravo to the last three posters... Swohnewbie, bmerryman and Dani’stoy. A perfect triple play response to the original post. Great economy with words. Thank you.

Thanks Art Lovers....If you're around November 10th through the 17th I'll buy you a drink!
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

Postby Me&Princess » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:55 am

Just one more response. We are in the lifestyle now but weren't when we started going to DRM. The people we met there, getting our feet wet in a no-pressure environment, was the single biggest factor in us making the lifestyle a part of our lives in the following years. Judgemental and pushy folks who make split-second decisions about how interesting, fun, or spontaneous someone is going to be based on whether they are nude or wearing a swimsuit would have turned us off right away.
Me&Princess
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby brewandsue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:01 pm

D&G-in-love wrote:
mustang wrote:Although its very generous of you to acknowledge the facts ie its clothing optional, youre saying its unacceptable to you for people to keep their bottoms on. I cant understand how its unacceptable to you when people are following rules and exercising their choice. Maybe you should go to a nude resort and not c/o if it bothers you that much!

When you say you don’t understand “how” it’s unacceptable to me that people keep their suits on, I’m going to assume you mean you don’t understand “why” it’s unacceptable to me. I’ll answer that. There’s a phenomenon that occurs in groups wherein the individuals in that group tend to do what the rest of the group is doing. If you get a majority of people going to a c/o resort but they never get nude, then that will be the normative behavior and it will be more difficult, psychologically speaking, for the minority to go nude. This phenomenon is called herd mentality, or wisdom of the group, or by a number of other terms. That’s why it annoys me when people go to a c/o resort but never go nude.

As for your suggestion that I go to a nude resort instead of c/o, that’s a fair and valid suggestion. I actually do go to nude resorts. I like that nude resorts where nudity is required eliminates the gawker demographic. The benefit of Desire is that sexual behavior is allowed. My dream resort is one wherein nudity is required and sexual behavior is allowed. As far as I know, no such resort exists. Until it does, I’ll just have to split my time between Desire and nude resorts.

Yes, resorts like that exist. Sea Mountain Inn (Desert Hot Springs, CA) and Sea Mountain One Love Temple (Las Vegas) are nude mandatory and fully lifestyle friendly. Sexual behavior is allowed just about anywhere on the properties. They are not large, luxurious resorts and they are not all-inclusive, but they are extremely fun & sexy places to spend a Friday - Sunday (or Monday in long holiday weekends). You will find mixed reactions & reviews from those who have been to one or both but we have visited many times and ALWAYS have a naked, fun & sexy experience.
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby Dani'stoy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 pm

^ Far from an expert but I've been to DP twice and I can count bikini bottoms on one hand!
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

Postby Hedodiddy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Just find a group takeover to go with. Look up "We Gotta Thing" and join their group each year.

Vacationswing wrote:We have been numerous times to DP and RM. each year we find it less and less lifestyle which was 75 to 95% in early days. Now there are many that are not even nudist. Several where the wife had full suit on in the tub or sitting on edge. I guess it’s curiosity but we don’t get it why anyone would go to a lifestyle resort if you are not at least curious. Our last two trips have been 75 to 95% NON lifestylers. 95% this time...Nudist and voyeurs: you win! We will find somewhere else to go. Eventually you will have no one to watch. Oh wait... that’s now because our last two visits were none.

We should have known it would end up like this with all the posts on here discussing how scared they were and asking if they will fit in. There are many resorts that have clothing optional rules so why the need to take over a lifestyle resort? Before it’s thought or said, I know everyone has a right to go there... eventually all lifestylers will go somewhere else because it will be mostly nudist and watchers. Also, it’s not us either... our avatar is real!

Room: same as usual, comfortable
Food: it’s gotten worse especially Pearl. Breakfast and lunch were pretty good. Suki was good
Play makers: Excellant!
Night shows: very good
Beach: awful with seaweed but it cannot be helped right now

We don’t mean any disrespect to anyone but this WAS a lifestyle place... not any more in our opinion. It’s not worth the price without the lifestyle.

Any other lifestylers on here... please pm us with any thoughts on a new lifestyle place. Otherwise we will just go to clubs near home in the USA.

Have fun
KIK: GingerinAZ
Kasidie: NakedNeighbors
Hedo - 3 times
Desire - 9 times
Hedodiddy
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Spongeworthy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:27 am

D&G-in-love wrote: My dream resort is one wherein nudity is required and sexual behavior is allowed. As far as I know, no such resort exists.

Hedo II, nude side of the resort.
Spongeworthy
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2019

Postby WellyFla2020 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:08 am

this "problem" also finds its way to nude beaches. Its largely a perception issue, but let me explain a second.

people go to nude beaches to lay out in the sun without tan lines becoming an issue. Some people, like us, want that cleaner tanned look. (Although I am better at burning than tanning).

At many open nude beaches in...Fla for example, we get a host of gawkers who just like to come look at nude people....and they do it in shorts. It makes you very uncomfortable. Because you don't know their intentions and they are "out of place".

They are never run off, but eventually if you come up and talk to them long enough, they get uncomfortable and leave because they...mostly men...ok, always men, aren't usually into other naked men coming up to them casually and chatting.

Desire is a LS "friendly" resort, its not a LS resort. So, if someone is dipping toes into the LS, come on in the water is warm. Also, just because someone is in the LS doesn't also mean they have sex with everyone who invites them. We're fairly selective and prefer LTR's and more intimate relationships than just sex as well.

Doesn't mean if we meet a couple at Desire we really are both into we're not getting naked with them and having some sexual fun, but we don't go looking to nail every couple we see either. YMMV.
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020

Postby scotch » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Swohnewbie wrote:Wow. I won’t even begin to try and unpack all this. Suit/no suit. LS/non LS. Go/won’t go. Seems like a lot of drama to me. And a lot judgement about a resort that’s supposed to be judgement free. We’ll just continue to go as long as we can enjoy our vacation. And when we feel like we’re forced to enjoy someone else’s idea of a vacation, we’ll start going somewhere else. And that will be that.

This, exactly.
scotch

Postby DFWDreems » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Our July experience was quite different from the original poster’s. Not that we really even notice nudity any longer, but we noted that many of those going now, during this difficult time, are the more “serious” LSers. In fact, we met more attractive LS couples this last short trip at 32-35% occupancy (less than 30 couples any given day) than previous years at 65-95%. Anyway, I suspect one gets back what they put out, and find what one is believing will be found.
DFWDreems
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl